Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

Default Re: Nikola Vucevic or Steven Adams?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMax
    I noticed Drummond didn't dominate as easily when Adams was on the court in Allstars game

Yup. That's when you know. Vucevic would've gotten fcking destroyed by Dre.

Quote Originally Posted by KendrickPerkins
    Agreed. Steven Adams.

You boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    Not really fair to gauge a rookie to a 3rd year player getting more playing time and starting.

I'd rank that their rookie seasons are pretty neck and neck. Seems that Adams has already gotten to play in every game and more than Vucevic did in his rookie year already. This goes to show better coaching, use and develop your talent around with the better players. Adams seems to be the better defensive player and much more durable, while Vucevic is the better rebounder. Can't really comment on their offensive game too much, but I would trust Vucevic a little bit more from what I've seen.

Eventually, we'll see if Adams can become a solid piece or not in the future. If his development is solid in the off season, he should start over Perkins immediately.
    But Vucevic is the obvious better player right now though, right? Vucevic shows more potential right now than Adams and he's in his 3rd year. He just needs to be more assertive on the block and play better defensively.

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

As much as I think vuc is overrated is much better than adam at this point

Quote Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
    But Vucevic is the obvious better player right now though, right? Vucevic shows more potential right now than Adams and he's in his 3rd year. He just needs to be more assertive on the block and play better defensively.
    Yes, he's better now. Adams has the potential to be better, but so does Vucevic like you said. To be honest, I feel concerned when young players aren't durable early on. I had a similar feeling with Jonas Valanciunas when he missed a month and change with a hand injury last season. I like both players, though. Really wish them the best.

Yes, he's better now. Adams has the potential to be better, but so does Vucevic like you said. To be honest, I feel concerned when young players aren't durable early on. I had a similar feeling with Jonas Valanciunas when he missed a month and change with a hand injury last season. I like both players, though. Really wish them the best.
    Vucci missed that much time because we're tanking.

Vucci missed that much time because we're tanking.
    I would blame that on bad coaching then. Even if your tanking, you develop the players. What is Jacque Vaughn doing ?

I would blame that on bad coaching then. Even if your tanking, you develop the players. What is Jacque Vaughn doing ?
    I made a thread about that a week or so ago. I think that we're trying to showcase veterans so much that we underdevelop our rookies at times. Earlier this year Andrew Nicholson was playing outstanding and then around December his minutes just dropped off completely for no reason at all. Oladipo starts sometimes and he doesn't start others. Moe Harkless had trouble getting minutes when he came back too. When younger players don't get consistent minutes they tend to hold the ball a lot and take shots they wouldn't have otherwise taken because they want to do something. Then when that happens Vaughn benches them again. It needs to change. Jameer should not be playing 33 MPG at 32 years old.

I made a thread about that a week or so ago. I think that we're trying to showcase veterans so much that we underdevelop our rookies at times. Earlier this year Andrew Nicholson was playing outstanding and then around December his minutes just dropped off completely for no reason at all. Oladipo starts sometimes and he doesn't start others. Moe Harkless had trouble getting minutes when he came back too. When younger players don't get consistent minutes they tend to hold the ball a lot and take shots they wouldn't have otherwise taken because they want to do something. Then when that happens Vaughn benches them again. It needs to change. Jameer should not be playing 33 MPG at 32 years old.
    Yeah, that's a tank move. But this is how tanks back fire, you don't develop the younger guys that can give you more energy. I can see why, the losing can cause frustration and discouragement to their confidence and like you mentioned, they would tend to get theirs since they are playing for themselves.

Out of all the players I wish Nicholson got more playing time. He's from my city (Mississauga), so he's a big deal for a lot of us around the area into basketball.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

Nicholson > Vucevic

Sunshine State

Vuc and it's not even close

I think the better question is, why the **** would you make a thread asking the question if you think it's not even worth a discussion?

Vucevic >> all >>> adams

Quote Originally Posted by Le Shaqtus
    Vuc and it's not even close

Good High School Starter Miller for 3's Avatar

Adams plays defense and is a top 6 player on the best team in the league as a rookie in a foreign country where he barely understands the language

Vucci man is a statpadder on one of the worst teams in the league who scores all of his points while his team is down 20-30 points each game. Not to mention he is in his 3rd season and should have great chemistry with his teammates, but he doesn't becuz he plays no defense and ballhogs

Adams, too easy