Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: D-Rose physically looked healthy

He basically looked like a less athletic version of his 2011 self. Speed is the easiest atribute to regain after a major injury. He is not as quick or as explosive as he has been.

He also did not want to shoot jumpers in an obvious fear of someone stepping under him (both time he shot a jumper he adjusted his form to not even touch the guy that was in front of him), which will hinder his mental approach for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollsmasher
    He basically looked like a less athletic version of his 2011 self. Speed is the easiest atribute to regain after a major injury. He is not as quick or as explosive as he has been.

He also did not want to shoot jumpers in an obvious fear of someone stepping under him (both time he shot a jumper he adjusted his form to not even touch the guy that was in front of him), which will hinder his mental approach for a long time.
    Why is your name Trollsmasher? It is not befitting of who you are...

If you are so confident Rose is done, why do you bother to keep talking about him? You clearly are disappointed that he made a return and showed glimpses of domination.

You are trying to be a Silk or Montana but failing miserably.

Quote Originally Posted by poido123
    Why is your name Trollsmasher? It is not befitting of who you are...

If you are so confident Rose is done, why do you bother to keep talking about him? You clearly are disappointed that he made a return and showed glimpses of domination.

You are trying to be a Silk or Montana but failing miserably.
    Unlike you watched, I watched the game with homer glasses off.

I know that Rose is feeding you Bulls fans with a lot of BS (aka, I am much better than before, I am stronger, I am faster, I jump higher, my jumpshot is so much better...), but that does not mean everybody is believing him.

I know that Rose is feeding you Bulls fans with a lot of BS (aka, I am much better than before, I am stronger, I am faster, I jump higher, my jumpshot is so much better...), but that does not mean everybody is believing him.
    yeah no that's bullshit. you were trolling in the game thread

I watched the game? Have a look at the gamethread...

We only need Rose to get back to somewhere near where he was before injury. The team is much better and more equipped to challenge the Heat than times past. Butler and Dunleavy will be key for our team, Rose is not who I am worried about so much..Everything I saw in the game tells me we have a promising season ahead and a realistic chance of challenging the top teams.

Trollsmasher,

If you're going to post on here, at least be semi-serious and not waste our time. As well as your time.
    Last edited by Meticode; 10-06-2013 at 08:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by poido123
    I watched the game? Have a look at the gamethread...

We only need Rose to get back to somewhere near where he was before injury. The team is much better and more equipped to challenge the Heat than times past. Butler and Dunleavy will be key for our team, Rose is not who I am worried about so much..Everything I saw in the game tells me we have a promising season ahead and a realistic chance of challenging the top teams.
    I don't really think you can beat the Heat with Rose not being back to his MVP form at the very least, but well, that's just an opinion. I think that signing of Dunleavy is little overrated, considering Thibs is once again going to ride with Deng/Jimmy for 40-44 minutes per game on his positions and he is also a huge defensive liability.

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    Trollsmasher,

If you're going to post on here, at least be semi-serious and note waste our time. Much less your time as well.
    What is not serious about what I wrote? Did you watch the game? At least the hesitancy while taking a jump shoot was very obvious, resulting in Rose changing his form on both attempts when the defending player came too close to him for his liking.

You couldn't be more wrong. I had knee injuries and took me forever to get back to my speed. You have to strengthen the leg muscles and then there is the mental part of it. Heck sometimes when I run I tend to unconsciously control my speed in order to not reinjure my knee.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandito
    You couldn't be more wrong. I had knee injuries and took me forever to get back to my speed. You have to strengthen the leg muscles and then there is the mental part of it. Heck sometimes when I run I tend to unconsciously control my speed in order to not reinjure my knee.
    I had a knee injury too and just running was the latest thing on my mind and the easiest to get back to. Jumping and quick changing of directios (so typical for Rose) have been much harder to regain, especially in the mental aspect.

What is not serious about what I wrote? Did you watch the game? At least the hesitancy while taking a jump shoot was very obvious, resulting in Rose changing his form on both attempts when the defending player came too close to him for his liking.
    If you think he was hesitant then what is your take on the places where he went in and initiated contact around the hoop and was finishing around the hoop?

So far I totally disagree with what you're typing.

he sat out eight months longer than he needed to, is it surprising somehow he's ok?

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    If you think he was hesitant then what is your take on the places where he went in and initiated contact around the hoop and was finishing around the hoop?

So far I totally disagree with what you're typing.
    You can control what you're doing while going to the rim for pretty much the whole time. And even the way you fall (as seen by Rose yesterday, when collided hard in the paint multiple times, but never feel badly).

When someone steps under you, you can just pray.

Of course I can be mistaken and he justed wanted to show us that he can be as reckless as before and we will see his 'improved' shooting soon

I had a knee injury too and just running was the latest thing on my mind and the easiest to get back to. Jumping and quick changing of directios (so typical for Rose) have been much harder to regain, especially in the mental aspect.
    I am talking about running on full speed, not simple jogging. In order to get back to my usual running routine , heck even walking I had to go through a couple of months therapy in order to get my strength back. After that it was jogging (took me a couple of months to do a full 1.5 mile under 12 mins and then try to go full speed in which I reinjure my left knee (my right knee was fine) which took me a couple of weeks of resting to get over. Right now I unconsciously don't run fulll speed even though I try because of that mental aspect I have of not trying to reinjure my knee. The only way for me to go all out is if I am playing basketball or football and there is an obvious douche talking trash on the court or field.

Of course my case and Rose's is different. There is also the doctor telling him what to do, and he probably compare his case to Grant Hill's another potential HOF hindered by injuries.

Only got to look at the highlights, but from the drives that I saw, he looked great.