Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567
    (-_-)(X_X)BB(9_9)(^_^) big baller's Avatar

Default Re: Most physically gifted players in NBA History

Quote Originally Posted by daballa13

"After leaving the WWE to find actual competition, Lesnar decided to try his hand at football and tried out for the Minnesota Vikings. Brock's giant frame made him a perfect prospect for football. Lesnar's stats when he was at training camp included a 475lb bench press, 695lb squat, 4.7 second forty-yard dash, 10 foot standing broad jump, and a 36 1/2 inch vertical leap. All while weighing in at a staggering 290lbs.

To put some of those numbers in perspective, Emmit Smith, Vince Young, and Jerry Rice did not run the forty as fast as Brock did."

Too bad he got cut in the pre season..

swag

didnt emmit young and rice run all in the 4.5 range

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lolwut
    Brock Lesnar is not as fast as Vince Young. Vince ran a 4.5 40.
    Vince is nowhere as big as Brock (no homo.... or maybe)

Quote Originally Posted by halffttime
    see rip hamilton..
    All Rip really has that's worth mentioning is sprinting speed (which is very good, but not all-time good) and stamina.

Banned

Dennis Rodman

Charles Barkley

Shaq

LeBron James

Nate Robinson

-Also Nate, Dennis and LeBron are chiseled for a reason...they didn't just get that way they had to work for it
    -Not saying Charles and Shaq didn't work hard it just seemed that their athletic prowess was ridiculous in comparison to their body types

High School Starter

Vince Carter
    Shaq

The Rest.

Sorry but Lebron is an amazing bball player but he's not in a class of his own. Not even close.

Lebron's draft profile listed him as an elite athlete but not out of this world.

He cannot jump like VC nor can he jump like MJ. His hops are inferior and he is 6'9.

From an athletic/size standpoint..I am pretty sure someone like JOE ALEXANDER can out jump Lebron.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by VeeCee15
    Vince Carter
    Shaq

The Rest.

Sorry but Lebron is an amazing bball player but he's not in a class of his own. Not even close.

Lebron's draft profile listed him as an elite athlete but not out of this world.

He cannot jump like VC nor can he jump like MJ. His hops are inferior and he is 6'9.

From an athletic/size standpoint..I am pretty sure someone like JOE ALEXANDER can out jump Lebron.
    But jumping is not all that athletecism is. James is as agile as a guard, strong as a C, size of a PF and can jump through the roof. Sure he may not have a 50 inch vertical, but all of the other things make him a great athlete.

Don't only focus on big size man when it comes to athletic or somewhat, You guys forgot one man! Nate Robison.

Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

Vince Carter
    Shaq

The Rest.

lol

College star

Vince Carter
    Shaq

The Rest.

There is more to athleticism than just jumping.

NBA sixth man of the year

Quote Originally Posted by White Chocolate
    3)James White- 6'7" or so, can dunk with two hands from the foul line, and touch 13'0" I believe.
    James White is a track and field jumper; he's a strictly one-footed jumper who lacks strength and quickness. Sure he can jump from far away but that's about it.

Magic Johnson

Charles Barkley. The dude was out of shape for the majority of his career and he still put up impressive numbers. I wonder if LeBron would have been compared to Charles Barkley had Barkley been in better shape...

Made that high school varsity squad DwadeOverLebron's Avatar

SHAQ!

in terms of natural god given athleticism HANDS DOWN!

i remember watching a espn classic between lsu and alabama

shaq and chris jackson vs a young latrel and robert horry

shaq destroyed! i believe he was only a sophmore and physically he looked 7'1 295 with about 5-7% body fat.

i remember watching the mcdonalds all american game with shaq also, and he was physically just over whelming, i'm wondering if he wasn't part of some covert military experiment his dad who is a general in the military was a part of. i also heard yao was conceived from a hamster using the DNA of top two female and male basketball players

anyways shaq is by far the most impressive athletic speciman EVER in the history of man kind, he can metabolize a hoho into 30 grams of protein

National High School Star mattevans11's Avatar

Vince Carter
    Shaq

The Rest.

WOW!!!!! i just lost some IQ points reading this one.......... to think vince carter and Jordan are more freakishly athletic than Lebron....... Lebron does what they do carrying way more weight as far as jumping...... Lebron is truly the FREAK..... just watch him move on the court and you realize that most guys his size cant even dream of this.......

vince and jordan are comparable athletically, along with a few others

Lebron is the first of his kind....... just to clarify, dont be an idiot and think that vince carter is more physically gifted than bron

if you told bron he could switch bodies with vince i think he would decline

and then ask vince if he would liek to switch bodies with bron.... he would accept before you finished your question.