Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Marvel vs DC ( Movies)

Quote Originally Posted by rezznor
    marvel to dc: "those movies you announced last week? that was cute..."

Inhumans? Captain Marvel? Doctor Strange? Black Panther?

Does anyone give a shit about those characters? They're all D level super heroes. Marvel doesn't have the rights to X-men, Spider-man, and how many more movies can you have with Iron Man and the Hulk in it before people get bored.

Meanwhile...

DC is about to drop Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Green Lantern, Suicide Squad with Lex Luthor, and MOST LIKELY a solo Batman movie with a different actor going into his backstory which means a new Joker.

DC>Marvel and their campy popcorn bullshit
    Last edited by BigBoss; 10-29-2014 at 02:51 AM.

Default Re: Marvel vs DC ( Movies)

i hope ben affleck has nipples on his batsuit

Quote Originally Posted by Nanners
    Noted.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanners
    I hope he wears his underwear on the outside of his leggings

rezznor probably thought The Dark Knight was too long
    Last edited by BigBoss; 10-29-2014 at 02:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBoss
    Are you a marvel guy?
    i read both but i tend to prefer marvel characters and stories. both companies have their share of classic storylines as well as garbage ones though.

i read both but i tend to prefer marvel characters and stories. both companies have their share of classic storylines as well as garbage ones though.
    DC > Marvel without Spiderman and X-Men. Wait and see.

rezznor probably thought The Dark Knight was too long
    actually liked dark knight. rises sucked though

X-Men and Spider-Man are still part of the Marvel universe. Nobody gives a shit about which company is putting out the product, the movie still has a giant MARVEL logo at the beginning of it.

Now for the actual facts, DC isn't going to win this war, not at the box office and not with critical acclaim. Unless you base your opinion on pure delusions not grounded in reality.

Since the superhero craze started here is what DC put out.

The Dark Knight (2008) - 185 million budget, 1 billion box office, 94% on Rottentomatoes.
    Watchmen (2009) - 130 million budget, 185 million box office, 65% on RT.
    Jonah Hex (2010) - 47 million budget, 11 million box office, 12% on RT.
    Green Lantern (2011) - 200 million budget, 220 million box office, 26% on RT.
    The Dark Knight Rises (2012) - 230 million budget, 1.1 billion box office, 88% on RT.
    Man of Steel (2013) - 225 million budget, 668 million box office, 55% on RT.

And they have Batman v Superman coming in 2016. Nothing in 2015.

Here is Marvel in the same time frame.

Iron Man (2008) -140 million budget, 585 million box office, 93% on RT.
    The Incredible Hulk (2008) - 150 million budget, 263 million box office, 67% on RT.
    Punisher: War Zone (2008) - 35 million budget, 10 million box office, 26% on RT.
    X-Men Origins: Wolverine (2009) - 150 million budget, 373 million box office, 38% on RT.
    Iron Man 2 (2010) - 200 million budget, 623 million box office, 73% on RT.
    Thor (2011) - 150 million budget, 450 million box office, 77% on RT.
    X-Men: First Class (2011) - 150 million budget, 353 million box office, 87% on RT.
    Captain America (2011) - 140 million budget, 370 million box office, 79% on RT.
    Ghost Rider 2 (2012) - 57 million budget, 132 million box office, 18% on RT.
    The Avengers (2012) - 220 million budget, 1.5 billion box office, 92% on RT.
    The Amazing Spider Man (2012) -230 million budget, 758 million box office, 73% on RT.
    Iron Man 3 (2013) - 200 million budget, 1.2 billion box office, 78% on RT.
    The Wolverine (2013) - 120 million budget, 414 million box office, 69% on RT.
    Thor 2 (2013) - 170 million budget, 644 million box office, 65% on RT.
    Captain America 2 (2014) - 170 million budget, 713 million box office, 89% on RT.
    The Amazing Spider Man 2 ( 2014) - 200 million budget, 706 million box office, 53% on RT.
    X-Men: Days of Future Past (2014) - 200 million budget, 740 million box office, 92% on RT.
    Guardians of the Galaxy (2014) - 170 million budget, 752 million box office, 91% on RT.

There is Avengers 2 in 2015, along with new Fantastic Four and Ant-Man.

actually liked dark knight. rises sucked though
    Rises was doomed to fail. Creatively, Heath's death changed the trajectory of that trilogy. They were going towards something great, but had to settle for good.

Quote Originally Posted by Graviton
    X-Men and Spider-Man are still part of the Marvel universe. Nobody gives a shit about which company is putting out the product, the movie still has a giant MARVEL logo at the beginning of it.

You're an idiot. By Marvel, I mean the shared cinematic universe. I ignored the rest of you're post because you ACTUALLY used Jonah fukin Hex to represent DC. DC has put out 1 movie in it's shared cinematic universe: Man of Steel.

Your entire post is actually a huge fail and not comprehending what we're debating at all. You fundamentally do not know what the Marvel vs DC debate is for that matter LOL
    Last edited by BigBoss; 10-29-2014 at 03:11 AM.

You're an idiot. By Marvel, I mean the shared cinematic universe. I ignored the rest of you're post because you ACTUALLY used Jonah fukin Hex to represent DC. DC has put out 1 movie in it's shared cinematic universe: Man of Steel.
    he was actually pretty fair. he included punisher which was comparable to jonah hex

Don't see TDKR as a failure.

Flawed but still some amazing content within. I luv Bane and Selina on screen

You're an idiot. By Marvel, I mean the shared cinematic universe. I ignored the rest of you're post because you ACTUALLY used Jonah fukin Hex to represent DC.

Repeat after me: shared cinematic universe. LOL
    So you are using arbitrary irrelevant criteria to separate the garbage DC put out while also downplaying the success of Marvel properties like Spider Man/X-Men? Seems legit.

Even the SHARED CINEMATIC UNIVERSE shits on DC. Look at my list again and take out Spider Man, X-Men and other stuff, Marvel still shits on DC, especially if you take out The Dark Knight trilogy since it's not a SHARED CINEMATIC UNIVERSE. Man of Steel was worse in every objective criteria than Cap 2, Guardians and even Iron Man 3 for ****s sake.

But somehow the trend will suddenly stop and people will wanna see ****ing Aquaman, Suicide Squad with Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor, Wonder Woman, and Shazam? Like I said you have no actual facts to back up your bullshit, nothing at all.

he was actually pretty fair. he included punisher which was comparable to jonah hex

i would do it differently though. it would be all wb/dc movies vs all mcu movies. so keep all the dc movies but take out blades, dd, ff, xmens, spidermans. should probably toss out the first hulk but include the 2nd hulk .