Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default Blasphemy Thread..How many of you think Russell > Shaq seriously?

Almost in everyone's list Russell > Shaq. Do you really think Russell was really better than Shaq?

Do you really think Russell's achivements make him better than Shaq? or he was simply superior player?

Default Re: Blasphemy Thread..How many of you think Russell > Shaq seriously?

I have Shaq over Russell on my GOAT list, at least at the moment. That's just me, though.

Bill Russell is the greatest champion of NBA History.

/Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Odinn

/Thread.
    Phil Jackson.

Banned

No offense to Mr. Russell but he would get injured if he tried to guard Shaq.

What Russell did in his era was win 11 championships in 13 seasons
    Shaq was very dominating in his era, but Russell dominated his era more

Quote Originally Posted by Odinn

/Thread.
    GOAT for you?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce Bigalow
    What Russell did in his era was win 11 championships in 13 seasons
    Shaq was very dominating in his era, but Russell dominated his era more
    Then why is MJ usually rated over him though, cuz MJ and Shaqs record are pretty similar, at least, when you're comparing them to Russell.

3-time NBA All-Star

If this would be allowed, Russell would have no chance...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJ3FXLyNFew

Some people just don't get it. Just because Russell is ahead of Shaq doesn't mean he's a better player if you put them in the same court. That's why people consider factors like competitions during that time when comparing players from different eras.

If I played in 50,000 B.C. era playing against bunch of monkeys putting 60/30/10 while winning 20 championships out of 20 years, I should be considered better than Shaq. If Russell had a time machine to play against prime Shaq in 2000 however, I think Shaq would destroy him.

Quote Originally Posted by jlauber

No one would have a chance. Guarding Prime Shaq was like guarding a ****ing tank.

Quote Originally Posted by jlauber

neither would Wilt

Quote Originally Posted by alwaysunny
    Some people just don't get it. Just because Russell is ahead of Shaq doesn't mean he's a better player if you put them in the same court. That's why people consider factors like competitions during that time when comparing players from different eras.

If I played in 50,000 B.C. era playing against bunch of monkeys putting 60/30/10 while winning 20 championships out of 20 years, I should be considered better than Shaq. If Russell had a time machine to play against prime Shaq in 2000 however, I think Shaq would destroy him.
    agreed

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    Phil Jackson.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce Bigalow
    neither would Wilt
    Maybe, maybe not. As PHILA pointed out, Chamberlain actually came into camp in the mid-60's at 320 lbs. And a Wilt in the early 70's was probably the strongest NBA player ever.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...lt_Chamberlain

However, contemporary colleagues were often terrified to play against Chamberlain. Bill Russell regularly feared being embarrassed by Chamberlain,[3] Walt Frazier called his dominance on the court “comical”,[17] and when 6 ft 11 in 250-pound (in his early years)[18] Hall-of-Fame center Bob Lanier was asked about the most memorable moment of his career, Lanier answered: “When Wilt Chamberlain lifted me up and moved me like a coffee cup so he could get a favorable position.”[2