Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Default Re: Wally Szczerbiak: "I've never seen someone move like that or jump that high"

Quote Originally Posted by scuzzy
    Shaq, Hakeem, Magic, etc didn't have to shoot jumpers nor did half ATG top 10 players

Zion doesn't have to rely on menial things that undersized shooting guards in the 90's relished on.

[COLOR="Navy"]It must hurt MJ fans that no young guys want to 'play like mike', but emulating MJ's game in this era doesn't work (see DeRozan)[/COLOR]
    Except everyone wants to play like Mike and wear his shoes

He's the favorite player of Zion, Tatum, and countless others..

Try again bud

Default Re: Wally Szczerbiak: "I've never seen someone move like that or jump that high"

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    Except everyone wants to play like Mike and wear his shoes

He's the favorite player of Zion, Tatum, and countless others..

Try again bud
    Of course people want his shoes, no one has been more hyped by the media than Michael Jordan.

All you find on YouTube are people buying his shoes and dunks over 6'2 guards

GREAT

Or game winners over Ehlo and Russell

He was good. For the 90's

It's 2019.

Keep up.

3-time NBA All-Star

Some of you guys are sleeping on Zion. His offence isnt even the most impressive thing about him. It's his attitude, work ethic and energy thats the most impressive thing. I know that's not always something that always translates to stats so it's over most of your head but it can influence a game just as much as a pass, point or rebound. He has the potential to be a way more athletic, better scoring version of Draymond which is a pretty scary thing

If I see Zion pulling up for jumpers with comfortable footwork, I'll jump on the bandwagon

But right now, he doesn't even have the footwork or moves to pull-up for jumpers

He's a bully-ball player without the soft hands and touch around the rim that Barkley had

Not sold on him, although I think he'll be as good as Blake Griffin, which is still pretty good
    Cool, you keep jerking it to the hope of the next re-incarnation of Jordan instead of appreciating different players with different skill sets and play styles.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bronbron23
    Some of you guys are sleeping on Zion. His offence isnt even the most impressive thing about him. It's his attitude, work ethic and energy thats the most impressive thing. I know that's not always something that always translates to stats so it's over most of your head but it can influence a game just as much as a pass, point or rebound. He has the potential to be a way more athletic, better scoring version of Draymond which is a pretty scary thing
    You're right and I might be sleeping on him

He has a sick motor

And he's 18, so he might be He-Man by the time he's 22 - we all grew a lot and got bigger during that time, which is scary for him

However, I still don't think he'll be better than Blake without significant skill improvement (and btw, that's doing Blake a disservice, since Blake is quite skilled)

NBA rookie of the year AlternativeAcc.'s Avatar

Bingo

He's LeBron like with his approach to the game. Relentless motor, work ethic, and focus + high IQ and understanding of the game

3ball thinking he'll be worse than Blake is almost as bad a take as him picking Love for MVP this year

Guy just doesn't know the game or how to analyze players

Saw a basketball once

Williamson is just a slightly more athletic Larry Sanders

College superstar brooks_thompson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Salley's 10
    Williamson is just a slightly more athletic Larry Sanders
    Eh you only say that because he played with Rip Torn. Relative to him, anyone would look super-athletic.

3-time NBA All-Star

You're right and I might be sleeping on him

He has a sick motor

And he's 18, so he might be He-Man by the time he's 22 - we all grew a lot and got bigger during that time, which is scary for him

However, I still don't think he'll be better than Blake without significant skill improvement (and btw, that's doing Blake a disservice, since Blake is quite skilled)
    No I don't think he'll ever be as skilled as Blake but I think he'll be a better player than Blake. Offensive Skills is just one of many components that make a player great. Where he lacks in skill he can easily make up with his hustle,heart and physical presence and probably still score close to what Blake does. Rebounds also. He's already a better defender and as good a passer. It also seems like he'll be a better teammate and leader. People gravitate to guys like Zion who play with that passion and hunger. That's one of the reasons why I always thought mj was a much better leader than lebron.

With all that said i don't think Zion will be a great first scoring option on a good team but he'd be a great 3rd option as a scorer to go along with all the intangibles he brings. If he can be a Draymond type with better scoring that would be more valuable than what Blake offers in my opinion.

One thing that made Barkley a dominant inside player at 6'4" was his low center of gravity. He was very strong but his low center of gravity allowed him to get under guys and make it easier for him to push them around inside.

The pro game is more spaced out. It is going to be hard for guys to handle Zion 1 on 1 when he plays bully ball.

Saw a basketball once

another FAT bust like anthony bennett.

Championship or bust Cali Syndicate's Avatar

Zion is essentially Larry johnson 2.0. Definitely a blue chip. Duke got lucky tonight though

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by GordonBombay
    another FAT bust like anthony bennett.
    Zero chance he ends up anywhere close to that

Zero chance he ends up anywhere close to that
    unless the Knicks draft him

Quote Originally Posted by tontoz
    What he said was ridiculous. What he surely meant to say was someone that size jump that high.

There have been countless guys who jumped that high but they were a lot smaller.

I would say a young Barkley's vert would be close though. He wasn't as fast as Zion but his strength and vert were comparable.
    WTF are you talking about? Please post some clips of Barkley jumping even remotely as high as Zion.