Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: What would Jordan fans say?

Quote Originally Posted by yeaaaman
    1-9 --> what is that in reference to, the last 10 games Lebron played against the Warriors?
    I say damn

And what would Lebron fans say, if Jordan was 3/9 in the Finals?

Imagine if Jordan had one Finals/Playoff series as bad as 2007 or 2011. Imagine if Jordan lost with HCA.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yeaaaman
    1-9 --> what is that in reference to, the last 10 games Lebron played against the Warriors?
    Exactly - and lebron went 1-9 with heavily-experienced 2 and 4-seed conference champs, while MJ had 8-seeded, young lottery teams

No comparison

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    MJ kills lebron in per game, for all those stat categories you mentioned

And regarding Finals comp, Lebron teamed up with Wade.. .. that alone gave him the most talent in the league and he was favored against the Spurs.. against the Warriors, he had another big 3 that was favored in 15' before kyrie went down

In today's game all MJ would need to be the best team is Paul george.

"B-b-but he'd need another star to beat the Warriors!!"... You mean like HOF's Bosh and Love?.. .. lebron had enough help to win, and MJ's superior style always won with LESS (only 1 all-star)

The Cavs were never the favorite over the Warriors before any of their Finals match ups. Especially in 2015

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/w...hip-by-bovada/

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Yo

The Cavs were never the favorite over the Warriors before any of their Finals match ups. Especially in 2015

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/w...hip-by-bovada/
    Before kyrie got hurt, the latest odds listed before the playoffs began were on April 18, 2015:

Golden State starts its playoff journey with future odds of 5-to-2 to win the NBA Championship at the Westgate Las Vegas Superbook, trailing the Cleveland Cavaliers at 9-to-5.

https://m.lasvegassun.com/blogs/talk...review-warrio/

Again, those were the latest odds right before the playoffs began

So again, Lebron teamed up with Wade.. .. that alone gave him the most talent in the league and he was favored against the Spurs.. against the Warriors, he had another big 3 that was favored in 15' before kyrie went down

But in today's game, all MJ would need to be the best team is Paul george (a pippen)

"B-b-but he'd need another star to beat the Warriors!!"... You mean like HOF's Bosh and Love?.. .. lebron had enough help to win, and MJ's superior style always won with LESS (only 1 all-star)

Just imagine being the number two in playoff points scored, steals, game winners, elimination game ppg, and yet people want to claim you as number one

Hi I'm ranked number two or lower in everything. Can I be number one though?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

these threads are precious....

MJ did not leave from high school to the pro's

MJ took off 3 years in his prime.

Mj won 6 chips

-------------
    Kobe , Lebron left high school to stat pad their careers.

Kareem the goat , cause of college career chips and 20 years as a Pro.

These threads MUST END.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper
    these threads are precious....

MJ did not leave from high school to the pro's

MJ took off 3 years in his prime.

Mj won 6 chips

-------------
    Kobe , Lebron left high school to stat pad their careers.

Kareem the goat , cause of college career chips and 20 years as a Pro.

These threads MUST END.
    so COLLEGE..... Not the pros, but COLLEGE

and playing for a long time while getting carried to half you rings makes you goat?

Kareem stans are shameless..

Kareem missed 2 playoffs, had a sweep and a 1st round loss, all in the middle of his prime.. gtfo
    Last edited by 3ball; 02-19-2019 at 02:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bullettooth

Quote Originally Posted by Da_Realist
    Most of LeBron's fan base is journalist majors in the media and stat nerds who couldn't recognize statpadding even if it hit them in the face wearing a "CHECK MY $TATS" tshirt
    always a good laugh for Mj stans to speak on stat padding....

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    Before kyrie got hurt, the latest odds listed before the playoffs began were on April 18, 2015:

Golden State starts its playoff journey with future odds of 5-to-2 to win the NBA Championship at the Westgate Las Vegas Superbook, trailing the Cleveland Cavaliers at 9-to-5.

https://m.lasvegassun.com/blogs/talk...review-warrio/

Again, those were the latest odds right before the playoffs began
    @ your meltdown

The only odds that matter are the ones right before the series starts. The odds that say Golden St. were the favorites before every series with Cleveland.

Better luck next time, Chico.....

Quote Originally Posted by sdot_thadon
    always a good laugh for Mj stans to speak on stat padding....
    "Since Jordan's move from off-guard, the Bulls have gone 11-5. That, in itself, should be reward enough.

But even Jordan has been caught in triple-double-mania.

During breaks in games, Jordan has been wandering over to the scorer's table to get updates on how many rebounds, assists and points he needs to fill his three double-figure quotas.

"The guys at the scorer's desk let me know what I need," he said. "They tell me, 'You need three assists; you need two rebounds."'

Jordan also has been double-checking the figures with Chicago assistants.

"They keep me in tune," he said. "They keep reminding me when I come back to the huddle, how much I need."

Last Sunday, at home against New Jersey, the 10th assist was Jordan's final goal.

"I knew I had nine assists," he said, "and I looked at (forward) Brad (Sellers), and said, 'Brad, can I count on you for my 10th?' And he said, 'yeah' and hit a jumper from the baseline."

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/fl...048-story.html

Quote Originally Posted by sportjames23
    I say damn

Coward

"Since Jordan's move from off-guard, the Bulls have gone 11-5. That, in itself, should be reward enough.

During breaks in games, Jordan has been wandering over to the scorer's table to get updates on how many rebounds, assists and points he needs to fill his three double-figure quotas.

"The guys at the scorer's desk let me know what I need," he said. "They tell me, 'You need three assists; you need two rebounds."'

"They keep me in tune," he said. "They keep reminding me when I come back to the huddle, how much I need."

Last Sunday, at home against New Jersey, the 10th assist was Jordan's final goal.

"I knew I had nine assists," he said, "and I looked at (forward) Brad (Sellers), and said, 'Brad, can I count on you for my 10th?' And he said, 'yeah' and hit a jumper from the baseline."

Like turning the light on, MJ stans disperse like cockroaches.

Quote Originally Posted by LA Times
    Selfishness, Part I: Since switching to point guard for the Chicago Bulls, Michael Jordan has become statistic conscious. He has started checking with statisticians to see how close he is to a triple-double. He had a string of seven consecutive triple-doubles broken Friday night.

"The guys at the scorer's desk let me know what I need," Jordan said.

So, too, do the Bulls' assistant coaches.

"They keep reminding me when I get back to the huddle," Jordan said. "They say, 'You need three more of this. You need four more of that.' "

Jordan is trying to win over voters for the league's most valuable player award.

"If the way I'm playing now doesn't convince them I'm a complete player, then I guess nothing will," Jordan said.
    http://articles.latimes.com/1989-04-...ckson-s-backup
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Smith

........Payton’s mouth is all it takes to reactivate Jordan’s murderous instincts. Against the Sonics, Jordan takes the ball away from Payton the first two times he touches it. Payton is so thoroughly owned that he has to go to the bench. But just as Jordan is gliding toward a SportsCenter-worthy night, Jackson pulls him out of the game. De-Michaelization and all.

"He’s not going to let me win the scoring title,"Jordan whines to guard B.J. Armstrong as he sits on the bench.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Smith

But Jordan was the king, and the bloodiest battles for resources tended to be between him and the teammates he called "my supporting cast." "Screw you, M.J.," Grant said after one game. "All you care about is your points and everyone knows it.You don’t care about anything but yourself."
    and that's just a snip of what's on record in a non-internet era.