Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Made that high school varsity squad

Default Kevin Love vs Blake Griffin - who you take?

Default Re: Kevin Love vs Blake Griffin - who you take?

I like Kevin love more as a player.
    I think he's really the best stretch four out there in terms of offense.

But I'ma have to go with Blake, if I'm starting a franchise.
    He's just too good.

Offense, Defense, Rebounding, Scoring, Passing.
    And shit, the guy's marketble af too. You take that into account as well, those Dunks can really rejuvinate a franchise fanbase.

I mean look at the Magic fans talking themselves into Aaron Gordon just because of the dunk contest.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

Love is doing what he needs to do on this team ...

one on one = Griffin

Kevin Love, he is better at every aspect of the game.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

lets just say this... if you swapped blake and love the clipps would become even deadlier offensively while the cavs would see a starker decrease.. thats the power of spacing.

Griffin, hes just a more complete player. KLove is a role player basically

Lets just say, 2014 Griff, 2015 playoff Griff, and 2016 pre-injury Griff, was a far better player than any Love version ever, leading one of the top playoff teams in the West, accumulating impact Love could only dream of, while 2014 Love was damn near setting the record for most close losses ever on his TWolves team, and of course missing out on the post-season.

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    Lets just say, 2014 Griff, 2015 playoff Griff, and 2016 pre-injury Griff, was a far better player than any Love version ever, leading one of the top playoff teams in the West, accumulating impact Love could only dream of, while 2014 Love was damn near setting the record for most close losses ever on his TWolves team, and of course missing out on the post-season.

Kevin Love led a top 5 offense and the only reason his team didnt make the playoffs is because the barrier to entry in the west that year was at a historical peak (the wolves wouldve made the playoffs out east).

And lmao @ you not accounting for blake playing on stacked clipper squads with Chris Paul while Love was working with dog sh!t comparatively.

dont be so blatantly dishonest AW.. everybody can see right through it.

Gotta go with Kevin Love. He's better at literally everything than Blake

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    Kevin Love led a top 5 offense and the only reason his team didnt make the playoffs ius because the barrier to entry in the west that year was at a historical peak (the wolves wouldve made the playoffs out east).

And lmao @ you not accounting for blake playing on stacked clipper squads with Chris Paul while Love was working with dog sh!t comparatively.

dat dishonest stannin argument...
    You dishonest fool

Griffin led the '14 Clippers to a 13-6 record across an NINETEEN game stretch without Paul (injured), doing 27.5 ppg/8.5 rpg/4.4 apg on 55.4% and leading the Clippers to a 3rd seed, doing so...

that alone established him more dominant and impactful than Love ever was.

Why dont you look those offensive rating stats up for me during that stretch?

Meanwhile Love didn't make the playoffs with Rubio, Martin, Brewer and Pekovic, and you're here talking about his offense, while he made the Timberwolves defense worse by SEVEN points when he was on the floor

Don't try to fool me.. you sick fck just have to overrate him because of who he plays with dont you..

The Timberwolves had a 6-15 record in games decided in the final 2 minutes

Their SRS was good enough for a playoff ranking, but their final record was below .500

Give it a break, tpols

AW, a small sample size like that doesnt mean he "led them to the playoffs".. thats less than 25% of the season...

Blake was great, no doubt, but mentioning Griffin leading his team to the playoffs in comparison to Love.. when he had an infinitely better supporting cast is a dishonest and stannin argument.. He was playing with Chris Paul for christs sake. You have to come better than that.

Both Griffin and Love are All NBA caliber players. They are BOTH great players. But my argument is that Love's off ball, quick strike approach that is equally effective in all areas of the court is more valuable than Griffin's dribble happy, poke and prod play making game next to perimeter stars of today, Paul, Bron, Westbrook, Harden, etc

Playing next to guys like that ^^^ guys who like to handle the ball a lot from up top in PnRs, Griffin becomes a tad redundant by comparison. The offense is much more fluid and in sync with an off ball option like Love than it is with a guy like blake who likes certain areas of the floor much more than others and likes to dribble to get there more often.

I would take Blake on a middling or poor team and Love on a good / great team. And wouldnt care if someone took Blake overall.

But you need to come with better arguments my friend.

It really feels like some of you have serious forms ADD. A proper what have you done for me lately. Love has never been or ever will be as good as Griffin, regardless of his fantastic offensive form currently.

On the Cavs, Love.

Starting a franchise, Blake.

College superstar

I think if you gave Love DeAndre Jordan on his Minny teams, you would see a decent playoffs team.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/MIN/2014.html

Love's Minny team was 9th in offense and 12th in defense. They finished with a record well below what their expected W/L was because of how tough the West was that season.

8th seed in the West needed a 49-33 record. Let that sink in.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    lets just say this... if you swapped blake and love the clipps would become even deadlier offensively while the cavs would see a starker decrease.. thats the power of spacing.
    So dumb