Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Damn I guess Kristaps Porzingis was the right pick over Jah

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB

Porz and Embiid would have been a sick duo. People who watch Porz more than me what is he struggling with? Needs to improve?
    His biggest struggle is convincing Melo that HE should have the ball more often, IMO.

Once Melo's gone, we'll see what his ceiling really is.

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by ClipperRevival
    Hindsight is 20/20. There are always guys like Porzingis that has unreal measurable but raw as hell. Most don't pan out. So just because he did doesn't mean Philly did the wrong thing. They absolutely made the right pick at the time. Picking Porzingis would've been viewed as a gamble. Even the Knicks taking Porzingis was viewed as a gamble. Do you not recall Knick fans booing like crazy?
    Knicks fans would've boo'd any pick made by the organization that day, regardless of who it was. Even if it were Michael Jordan 2.0

National High School Star CJ Mustard's Avatar

Glad I was on record saying Porzingis is better than Okafor before the draft. Foresight like that really separates the knowledgeable, informed posters from the rest of the pack.

He needs to get traded.

No point in staying when Embiid is on the team.

NBA sixth man of the year DaHeezy's Avatar

Jah is the best post scorer in the game given the chance. But he won't be a better center than Embiid.

Having said that with minute restrictions lifted they should let Okafor go off. Who cares if Embiid is on the floor at the same time. The guys they picked up at stretch 4 or extending play are just horrible shooter ATM. Free Jah and dangle him for trade bait. Increase his stock. Brown and management are stupid for not looking at it from that angle.

Hindsight is 20/20. There are always guys like Porzingis that has unreal measurable but raw as hell. Most don't pan out. So just because he did doesn't mean Philly did the wrong thing. They absolutely made the right pick at the time. Picking Porzingis would've been viewed as a gamble. Even the Knicks taking Porzingis was viewed as a gamble. Do you not recall Knick fans booing like crazy?
    Porzingis wasn't raw as hell though. His jumpshot was smooth as butter and he was showing advanced ball skills for a guy his size. The whole reason people were blown away by his workouts was because of the skill level he showed to go with his measurables. Draft workouts can be misleading in that you don't know how it will translate to the NBA, but Porzingis' talent level was immediately obvious. And even outside the workouts, people were highly intrigued by him well before it...even a year before his draft Rob Hennigan of Orlando desperately wanted him to declare for the 2014 draft because he knew if he pushed it to the 2015 draft he'd be a top pick.

Knicks fans booing only shows how retarded those Knicks fans were. Again, Porzingis was not some random prospect or some big gamble. Anyone who actually followed that draft closely knew how crazy talented Porzingis was.

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    Porzingis wasn't raw as hell though. His jumpshot was smooth as butter and he was showing advanced ball skills for a guy his size. The whole reason people were blown away by his workouts was because of the skill level he showed to go with his measurables. Draft workouts can be misleading in that you don't know how it will translate to the NBA, but Porzingis' talent level was immediately obvious. And even outside the workouts, people were highly intrigued by him well before it...even a year before his draft Rob Hennigan of Orlando desperately wanted him to declare for the 2014 draft because he knew if he pushed it to the 2015 draft he'd be a top pick.

Knicks fans booing only shows how retarded those Knicks fans were. Again, Porzingis was not some random prospect or some big gamble. Anyone who actually followed that draft closely knew how crazy talented Porzingis was.
    He definitely showed rare fluidity and light feet for a man his size. But he was still viewed as somewhat of a gamble by many because of the unknown. But I agree that some viewed him as having the highest ceiling.

Knicks fans booing only shows how retarded those Knicks fans were.

Most Knick fans didn't have a clue who he was. Remembering the Frederic Weis debacle, I booed the pick as well. It doesn't make us "retarded", only un-informed.

Trade Okafor to Boston.

He definitely showed rare fluidity and light feet for a man his size. But he was still viewed as somewhat of a gamble by many because of the unknown. But I agree that some viewed him as having the highest ceiling.
    He was unknown to the casual fan. To professional scouts he was not not nearly as unknown. It's up to the franchise to scout these players and find the best talent available and I don't buy for a second that Porzingis was some huge gamble and that some of these other guys were "safe" picks. People at the time were saying Winslow and Mudiay were safe and it turns out those guys are horrendous shooters and they may never be more than good role players.

Quote Originally Posted by DaHeezy
    Jah is the best post scorer in the game given the chance. But he won't be a better center than Embiid.

Having said that with minute restrictions lifted they should let Okafor go off. Who cares if Embiid is on the floor at the same time. The guys they picked up at stretch 4 or extending play are just horrible shooter ATM. Free Jah and dangle him for trade bait. Increase his stock. Brown and management are stupid for not looking at it from that angle.

Are you really surprised?

Brown is a moron and the organisation have proved year after year how inept and clueless they are..

They should have traded okafor in the offseason, and definitely should be showcasing him now and move him before the deadline..

Zingis is probably better, but Okafor might be the most mistreated high draft pick in recent memory. He was never given a chance on the Sixers.

When he was drafted, he was meant for a stop gap for Embiid. He had to play with Noel clogging up the lane, being a non-factor on offense. This year, he only spot minutes when Embiid is taking a breather.

Sixers needs to let Okafor go. Players don't develop when you treat them as an afterthought. Okafor needs love, dedication and development from another team. Okafor is only 20 year old, but he might be the most advanced post scorer in the game already.