Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Default Re: Team assist rankings for Jordan and Lebron's teams

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball

the best part of that video was wayans roasting Jordan at the end. Shit had me rolling.

Secondly, I never said I could score on Lebron at will - you fabricated that and lied about what I said.

I was asked whether I could "get the step" on Lebron.
    I just said this. Glad I'm not the only one that can see past AJ's bullshit. Everytime these stat nerds come on here trying to argue Lebron over Jordan they leave empty handed with nothing to show for it.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Lebron lowered the APG (playmaking) of every key teammate, and increased their assisted rate (play-finishing):

[COLOR="White"]................................................[/COLOR]APG, ASSIST %[COLOR="White"]......[/COLOR] ASSISTED RATE

Wade [COLOR="Navy"]before[/COLOR] Lebron (04'-10'):[COLOR="White"].....[/COLOR] 6.6, 34.8%[COLOR="White"]..................[/COLOR]29.2% [COLOR="DarkGreen"]<---- links to nba.com data[/COLOR]
    Wade [COLOR="DarkRed"]with[/COLOR][COLOR="White"]...[/COLOR] Lebron (11'-14'):[COLOR="white"].....[/COLOR] 4.7, 25.5%[COLOR="white"]..................[/COLOR]40.3%

Irving [COLOR="Navy"]before[/COLOR] Lebron (12'-14'):[COLOR="white"]....[/COLOR] 5.8, 33.2%[COLOR="white"]..................[/COLOR]31.9%
    Irving [COLOR="DarkRed"]with[/COLOR][COLOR="white"]...[/COLOR] Lebron[COLOR="white"]..[/COLOR] (15'-16'):[COLOR="white"]..[/COLOR] 5.0, 25.6%[COLOR="white"]..................[/COLOR]32.7%

Bosh [COLOR="Navy"]before[/COLOR] Lebron (04'-10'):[COLOR="white"]......[/COLOR] 2.2, 10.5%[COLOR="white"]..................[/COLOR]55.8%
    Bosh [COLOR="DarkRed"]with[/COLOR][COLOR="white"]...[/COLOR] Lebron (11'-14'):[COLOR="white"]......[/COLOR] 1.6, 8.0%[COLOR="white"] ...................[/COLOR]71.6%

Love [COLOR="Navy"]before[/COLOR] Lebron (09'-14'):[COLOR="white"]......[/COLOR] 2.5, 13.0%[COLOR="white"]..................[/COLOR]62.7%
    Love [COLOR="DarkRed"]with[/COLOR] [COLOR="White"]...[/COLOR]Lebron (15'-16'):[COLOR="white"]......[/COLOR] 2.3, 11.4%[COLOR="white"]..................[/COLOR]80.0%

Mo Will [COLOR="Navy"]before[/COLOR] Lebron (05'-08'):[COLOR="White"]..[/COLOR] 5.7, 30.2%[COLOR="white"]..................[/COLOR]39.2%
    Mo Will [COLOR="DarkRed"]with[/COLOR]... Lebron (09'-10'):[COLOR="white"]..[/COLOR] 4.6, 22.3%[COLOR="white"]..................[/COLOR]47.6%

So his teams always rank low in APG:

Cavs 2004:[COLOR="White"].[/COLOR] 8th
    Cavs 2005:[COLOR="White"].[/COLOR] 6th
    Cavs 2006:[COLOR="White"].[/COLOR] 24th
    Cavs 2007:[COLOR="White"].[/COLOR] 15th
    Cavs 2008:[COLOR="White"].[/COLOR] 25th
    Cavs 2009:[COLOR="White"].[/COLOR] 20th
    Cavs 2010:[COLOR="White"].[/COLOR] 6th
    Heat 2011:[COLOR="White"].[/COLOR] 26th
    Heat 2012:[COLOR="White"].[/COLOR] 21st
    Heat 2013:[COLOR="White"].[/COLOR] 7th
    Heat 2014:[COLOR="White"].[/COLOR] 11th
    Cavs 2015:[COLOR="White"].[/COLOR] 10th
    Cavs 2016:[COLOR="White"].[/COLOR] 13th

CONCLUSION: [COLOR="DarkGreen"]By reducing his team's APG and teamwork, Lebron needs excessive supporting talent to win (aka team-hopping)..[/COLOR]

And by reducing his team's APG and teamwork, he invariably loses to teams with SUPERIOR teamwork (see 2011 Mavs and 2014 Spurs, who won via superior teamwork, not talent)

Last edited by 3ball; 11-29-2016 at 10:29 PM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

had to post that just for the record

You're still doing this?

First of all, see this video:

Secondly, I never said I could score on Lebron at will - you fabricated that and lied about what I said.

I was asked whether I could "get the step" on Lebron.. Of course I could.. Non-NBA players are capable of getting the step on NBA players.. It isn't rocket science or amazing or anything - it's called basketball.. You should pick one up sometime..

I used to blow by Raja Bell on sheer athleticism (no handle).. Now that I've acquired an elite handle capable of virtually any move you see done by NBA point guards (and more, including the behind-the-back, gather-step shown in the previous gif), you're goddamm right I can get the step on Lebron.
    Yeah, ok, 0ball. You've obviously never stepped away from a computer in your life and you've obviously never touched a basketball either. Keep living that delusional life though. If that really is you in the gif.... wow! Just wow! Anyone that garbage should never be allowed to touch a basketball in the first place.

I'll just leave this here:

Jordan marginalized his teammates and ALWAYS reduced their PPG, APG, and RPG. Players put up better numbers WITHOUT Jordan than they did WITH him. Case in point:

Horace Grant from '88-93 - 12/8
    Horace Grant in 1994 - 15/11

Toni Kukoc from '96-'98 - 13/4/4
    Toni Kukoc in 1999 - 19/7/5

BJ from '90-'93 - 9/3
    BJ in 1994 - 15/4

Harper from '87-'94 - 19/5/5
    Harper with Jordan - 8/3/3
    Harper in '99 - 11/5/3

I'll add one more of Jordan's teammates:

Scottie Pippen from '88-'93 - 16/7/5
    Scottie Pippen from '94-'95 - 22/8/5

FACT: MJ reduced his teammates' PPG, RPG, and APG.

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball View Post
    I'd beat you in flip-flops with one arm or maybe even on all jumpshots, depending on how offensively competent you are.

If Raja Bell, Richard Jefferson, Anthony Parker, John Salmons, Luke Walton, Richard Jefferson, and Zach Randolph couldn't hold me on the post, what are you going to do?

I remember Richard Jefferson was trying to guard me on the post and I was dropping him off, before his boy Walton had to tell him to step up his game.. Then I saw Jordan drop Jefferson for 40 at 40, and honestly, my experience with Rich took a little shine of Jordan's performance.. real talk... same thing when Kobe used to drop off Raj.. I was like, yeah, that's nothing, really.. tbh, kobe had to work harder to score on the post vs Raj than i did/would.. i can meet you in la or vegas.. or next time i'm in fl
    Oh Andrew