Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default How come Jordan never asked to Play with an Established Superstar?

After going 1-9 Why did he not throw in the Towel and leave Chicago altogether? Why risk your future on young guys who will never amount to anything? Why not trade the entire roster for #1 pick David Robinson who everyone knew was going to be a future HOF?

MJ is so dumb, Dude coulda joined Barkley, Dominique, Ewing and won MORE rings instead of beating them and only getting 6

Default Re: How come Jordan never asked to Play with an Established Superstar?

He did.
    But Jordan went one step too far that first season. He was angry over the Bulls’ slow start and had already gone to Jerry Krause during the Western trip in November to ask that he make some trades.

“I need help,” he told Krause. Krause explained the Bulls had salary cap problems, which Jordan neither understood nor cared to hear about.
    Jordan “lobbied extensively during the 1988-89 season for a trade that would bring New Jersey’s Buck Williams to the Bulls. Jordan didn’t particularly care for Horace Grant, Krause’s other pick in the 1987 Draft, never believing Grant would develop into a responsible player, and lobbied hard for Williams.”
    After learning that NBA veteran and former North Carolina Tar Heel Walter Davis had been traded to Portland and not the Bulls, Jordan responded before a game against the Nets. “As soon as we get back, I’m calling (Jerry) Reinsdorf. Krause has messed everything up again.
    MJ trying to sabotage management:
    “I figured I’d try to put the pressure on him to do something about Krause,” Jordan said about his first volley of remarks after the team returned from New Jersey in late January. His eyes were hard and cold as he spoke. “This thing isn’t over. I’m gonna get that guy fired yet. ”
    His own fans wanting his ass to be traded:
    “Yes – if they trade Michael Jordan for Larry Bird straight up. Then the Bulls would have a team player who could lead them to the championship.”

– Phil Simpson of Chicago, Chicago Sun-Times, November 12, 1987
    The Bulls lack teamwork. There are three things that must be done to play winning basketball: Trade all the crybabies who run to the media and say, “Play me more or trade me.” They are selfish. Trade Michael Jordan. It takes five players to win and it can’t be done with one star. There’s too much individualism and not enough teamwork passing to the open man.

– Raymond Otto of Worth; The Chicago Sun-Times, December 11, 1988
    There's a LOT more of these btw. In conclusion, it's a shit thread and OP is a relentless phaggit
    Last edited by FKAri; 03-24-2019 at 02:22 PM.

BURNED ^^^

Quote Originally Posted by FKAri
    He did.

MJ trying to sabatoage management:

There's a LOT more of these btw. In conclusion, it's a shit thread and OP is a relentless phaggit

Because he developed and molded Pippen by hand.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    Because he developed and molded Pippen by hand.
    The sad thing is you actually believe this. I guess Scottie had no talent or skill and Jordan just, as you say, "molded" him into a top 30 player of all time? Then why didn't he do any of that on the Wizards? Why aren't we talking about Rip Hamilton, Kwame Brown, and Jerry Stackhouse? Why hasn't he made Kemba Walker the 2nd greatest guard of all time? You Jordan stans take the cake for full of shitness.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    The sad thing is you actually believe this. I guess Scottie had no talent or skill and Jordan just, as you say, "molded" him into a top 30 player of all time? Then why didn't he do any of that on the Wizards? Why aren't we talking about Rip Hamilton, Kwame Brown, and Jerry Stackhouse? Why hasn't he made Kemba Walker the 2nd greatest guard of all time? You Jordan stans take the cake for full of shitness.
    “He was very competitive, so he went at me and that helped me learn,” said Pippen. “You continue to compete against the very best every day, and you will get better, or you’ll be embarrassed."
    Jordan did mold him. Single-handedly? Nah. But he did make Pippen better, for sure.

Why deny that?

And more importantly lash out like its some hot take?

He did.

ouch

MJ was begging for more halp continually

first reply slays are the best

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    Jordan did mold him. Single-handedly? Nah. But he did make Pippen better, for sure.

Why deny that?

You could literally say that about any young player who played with a better player. Nobody "molds" anybody. It takes hard work, talent, and skill to get to the level Pippen got. Stop being a shitty poster when you could be a decent one. Try and rise above your inner ape.

Why deny that?

Lol Pippen had innate physical tools and talent. I worded it like that to get Smokee117 on an angry drunk rampage white knighting for the player he likes to stan so much.

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    Lol Pippen had innate physical tools and talent. I worded it like that to get Smokee117 on an angry drunk rampage white knighting for the player he likes to stan so much.
    Well, that;s one for you Wild Bill! *rolls eyes* You aren't clever enough to ever upset me, mate. I'm just mildly amused and annoyed by you. You're like a fly that gets in the house. Annoying, but not that important.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    You could literally say that about any young player who played with a better player. Nobody "molds" anybody. It takes hard work, talent, and skill to get to the level Pippen got. Stop being a shitty poster when you could be a decent one. Try and rise above your inner ape.
    He made Pippen better.

Bottom line.

Say it out loud if you have to. Only this time without digging for that eternal wedgie you have.

He made Pippen better.

Bottom line.

Say it out loud if you have to. Only this time without digging for that eternal wedgie you have.
    And playing with Pippen made Jordan better. That's how it works when you play with great players.

He did.

[COLOR="Red"]LIVE[/COLOR] look in at OP right now:

Pippen and coaches have admitted MJ molded Pippen into the player he eventually became. His “little brother” if you will. An attacking defensive player which was his calling card.