Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Local High School Star

Default Re: The official jlauber and Wilt Chamberlain thread

Quote Originally Posted by Raz

Well let's see that Lakers 15!

I could try and put a Celtics team together - but I have only seen classic games of the 60's, 70's and 80's Celtics.

I guess my team would look like:
    CT: Bill Russell/ Dave Cowens/ Robert Parish
    PF: Kevin McHale/ Tommy Heinsohn/ Kevin Garnett
    SF: Larry Bird/ Paul Pierce/ Reggie Lewis
    SG: John Havlicek/ Sam Jones/ Dennis Johnson
    PG: Bob Cousy/ Jo Jo White/ Rajon Rondo

I know DJ and Hondo are out of position, I was just trying to go 3 deep at each, and DJ can guard SG, and Hondo was 6'5" and played SG half the time on the court.

I know I could have picked someone over Reggie Lewis - but he was my favorite Celtic ever. If he hadn't of died, his career may have warranted the selection.
    No Sharman

Well let's see that Lakers 15!

I could try and put a Celtics team together - but I have only seen classic games of the 60's, 70's and 80's Celtics.

I guess my team would look like:
    CT: Bill Russell/ Dave Cowens/ Robert Parish
    PF: Kevin McHale/ Tommy Heinsohn/ Kevin Garnett
    SF: Larry Bird/ Paul Pierce/ Reggie Lewis
    SG: John Havlicek/ Sam Jones/ Dennis Johnson
    PG: Bob Cousy/ Jo Jo White/ Rajon Rondo

I know DJ and Hondo are out of position, I was just trying to go 3 deep at each, and DJ can guard SG, and Hondo was 6'5" and played SG half the time on the court.

I know I could have picked someone over Reggie Lewis - but he was my favorite Celtic ever. If he hadn't of died, his career may have warranted the selection.
    I edited my earlier post to put in my fave 15, not in order.....mainly from an enjoyment factor.

Wait for him to reply before bashing. You're one of the reasons people would choose not to post here.
    Resorting to namecalling when all I did was point out a known fact ? Way to go Raz.

Ps : Don't take it personally but I've never seen such an attention whore like you. Every three post you feel the need to remind people you are Ced and give every single name you posted with.

Raz
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by Punpun
    Resorting to namecalling when all I did was point out a known fact ? Way to go Raz.

I don't see where I called you a name in my post.

Mozart Basketball no pun intended's Avatar

I don't either. lol.

Raz

Ps : Don't take it personally but I've never seen such an attention whore like you. Every three post you feel the need to remind people you are Ced and give every single name you posted with.
    Nope. I was asked a couple of times in PMs. So I thought I would make it clear. People know the poster Ced, because I had been around for such a long time - which has a lot to do with credibility.

>You're the reason people would not like posting here

This is as passive-agressive as it gets. Just because I posted a known and accepted fact that not even Jlaube tries to refutate as he admits it himself.

What did you do ? You went all passive-aggresive on me. Or in otehr words resorted to namecalling.

THought you would make it clear ? You did it again on this thread.

Ps : Credibility because age is a logical fallacy by the way. Or in otehr words, doesn't add any credibility. Look it up.

Raz

What did you do ? You went all passive-aggresive on me. Or in otehr words resorted to namecalling.
    That's not name calling - you yourself have called yourself a troll and a homer before. You seem very upset, so sorry to you Captain Intelligence.

I will not get into back and forward posts with you - that's a waste of my time. I don't have extended conversations with posters such as yourself.

Haha, way to prove me right.

Raz

Quote Originally Posted by DKLaker
    I edited my earlier post to put in my fave 15, not in order.....mainly from an enjoyment factor.
    Looks great. Nice giving props to Chick Hearn, and to Van Exel - he was part of the only Lakers team I ever liked.
    Divac, Campbell, Ceballos, Jones, Van Exel. I loved that starting 5.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by millwad
    Jlauber got exposed a long time ago, can't believe that people still find him credible on this board.

Just check this out;

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...7&postcount=53
    His quotes are taken completely out of context.
    As the guy who wrote the post, no they were not. The entire conversation only reinforces what was said, and makes it looks even worse.

But it annoys me that some Johnny-come-lately would come after the fact and comment on something 1)that didn't even involve him; and 2)he knows nothing about, in the process also casting aspersions on my integrity. The mistake was made of challenging the wrong person, and as a result there were consequences. For that I do not apologize. But as that was in the past, until the same mistake is repeated (which I doubt it will), then I have no reason to revisit the past, as it was strictly between him and I. So--and I'll say this as politely as I can--stay out of what does not concern you.

I wish we had 50 more of him that were all equally knowledgeable about past players.
    Unfortunately, there aren't many people knowledgeable about the past greats of the sports. Many think that nothing of importance happened before they were born and started watching the game, and embark on smear campaigns against past players in order to make their chosen favorite player look good. People can never just appreciate greatness when and wherever it is, but have agendas which must be fulfilled.

The funny thing is when some people whine and complete about the "hate" their favorite player receive, yet have no problem with "hating" on past players who aren't covered by the agenda.

I wish we had posters dedicated to the following guys:
    -Nate Thurmond
    I have attempted to discuss Nate Thurmond in the past, but on every occasion without exception, the thread was derailed. Because of my disgust with this board, I no longer discuss past players here. IMO this board is a lost cause, and not worth wasting my time with trying to educate people about the past, since "most people" here don't give a damn about anyone not covered by their respective agendas. And the lack of moderation allows trolls to run wild. There's no order.

It's hard to quantify what Wilt did in today's terms because his numbers were so obscene. I do belive that the game has improved since the 50s and 60s but I don't think "The Big Dipper" would have any trouble today against guys like Howard and Bynum.

jlauber does bring the fact to back up his opinions. Respect to him.