Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910

Default Re: Stephen A says Lebron is more skilled than Michael Jordan

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    I didn't say that. Now you're purposely taking my posts out of context. At the end of the day, Lebron is and will always be a better rebounder. Just like Barkely, Shaq, Ewing, Robinson, Bird, and Pippen were. Do people really question that?

I apologize for insulting you. It just pisses me off that Jordan has to be better than anyone and everything. It's bullshit quite frankly (and I like MJ).

Lets let Lebron have his night. We can agree to disagree.
    I'm not even arguing that Jordan was a 'better' rebounder( nor am I arguing that Jordan was the best at everything), from a statistical standpoint he isn't but again the statistical difference isn't huge and one can easily argue that they're equal rebounders relative to position, and also taking into account the fact that Jordan played in a bigger era. We're not arguing who's the better rebounder between Jordan and Barkley, that would be assinine. We're comparing a guy who averages 6 rebounds from the backcourt to one who averages 7 from the frontcourt.

Let's throw out the 'Lebron is bigger' point for sake of argument. Rebounding ability relative to position and era isn't something you can readily dismiss just because.....is Lebron statistically a better rebounder? Yes, there's no debate there. Is Jordan as good a rebounder relative to position, relative to him playing in a bigger era? It's not a crazy notion to contemplate, whether you agree with it or not. Certainly it's not enough of a talking point when debating about areas where Lebron is superior....on another note by what measure would Lebron be a better shotblocker? It's not a refusal to acknowledge someone's superiority to Jordan....lots of players are superior to Jordan in one facet or another. But what metric is being used to say Lebron is a better shotblocker?

Agree on your last sentence, apologize for hurling insults back. I prefer to just talk Bball without that kind of thing.
    Last edited by Dragonyeuw; 06-22-2012 at 12:55 AM.

I havnt read through this whole thread but james is not as skilled as jordan. And he must be able to maintain this level of dominance for a few more years to be justly compared to jordan.

Quote Originally Posted by oh the horror
    Where do people get that lie from? Lebron CANNOT guard all five positions dude.

They threw him on KG and Garnett was abusing him.

He isnt about to guard Dwight, or Bynum for any long periods of time. Lets not get ridiculous now.
    U notice I said 4 or 5 positions. I think Bron can defend or play PG-PF flat out. And yes IN TODAY'S NBA, BRON CAN GUARD CERTAIN CENTERS. He's 6'8, some say maybe 6'9, and 260 pounds and as strong as many centers and PF's. Centers like McGee, Camby, Jordan, Perkins and Chandler he can defend. Bron weighs just as much or more than all of them AND none of those five are offensive threats. When it comes to Howard and Bynum then that's different. But if Bron is still capable of defending 80% of the L's centers in this era very good to great, majority rules. If u are a 7 foot center that's a backup or not really an offensive threat in the paint, Bron has enough size and athletic ability to defend them.

In terms of PF's, Bron can check many of the ones 6'10 and under. I have no problem at all with Bron defending Aldridge, Griffin, Love, Randolph, or Amare. I also don't have a problem with Bron defending a 7 footer like Dirk as well. It's guys like a KG, prime Timmy, or Gasol who are 7 footers and very good to great in the post. And are very good to great rebounders on top of it. Those are guys Bron could have trouble with. But once again, if Bron can defend 90 percent of the PF's in the L then majority rules.

There are more C's and definitely PF's in this era that Bron CAN defend very good to great than ones he can't. Which means HE CAN PLAY OR DEFEND FOUR OR FIVE POSITIONS! Bron is a freakish athlete anyway that actually plays bigger than 6'8 anyway. This isn't like a Magic who was an average to good athlete that didn't play bigger than his size. On offense, Magic could play PG-PF and at times centers. On D, Magic was more limited and couldn't defend or make a difference nearly as much. Bron on both ends is versatile on an EPIC LEVEL!
    Last edited by bizil; 06-22-2012 at 01:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 97 bulls
    I havnt read through this whole thread but james is not as skilled as jordan. And he must be able to maintain this level of dominance for a few more years to be justly compared to jordan.
    I agree! Both are great defenders, scorers, rebounders, and passers all in one. Both are freakish athletes to boot. But these two are totally different players in my book. MJ is the ultimate killer that's the best ever at the most premium asset in bball, which is being an alpha dog. But MJ is also an epic all around player. Bron is an alpha dog, but isn't on MJ or Kobe's level in that regard. But his all around ability and size make him arguably the most versatile player ever. So I concede Bron is a better passer and more versatile because of his size. But MJ is as versatile as any 6'6 player could be. And MJ's scoring skillset is clearly better than Lebron's. Versatility and skillset are two different things, even though they play off of each other. A lot of skills has to do with fundamentals. MJ, Kobe, and Bird are as sound fundamentally and technically as any players ever.