Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-24-2013, 05:17 AM   #1
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

Default Doug Collins with the negative energy/ Bynum's return

It's amazing seeing him (bynum) standing out there; he distorted the whole practice," Collins said. "You get visions of what might've been ... He's said that he's going to play, but this season is slipping away. We've got 24 games after (this weekend). We're eight (games) under .500, and we've got to play the Miami Heat four times"

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/89...h-doug-collins
All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 10:16 AM   #2
Kobe681
Great young streetballer

Default Re: Doug Collins with the negative energy/ Bynum's return

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Net
he distorted the whole practice," Collins said. "You get visions of what might've been ...

Is he saying this in a positive way? Saying that the team could have been better than it currently is?
Kobe681 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 10:24 AM   #3
eurobum
High School Varsity 12th Man

I would think not because of the word "distorted" being in there.
eurobum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 10:25 AM   #4
eurobum
High School Varsity 12th Man

.. and also due to the fact that we're talking about ......... Andrew Bynum.
eurobum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 10:44 AM   #5
OhNoTimNoSho
Your King

I heard some other interview with him yesterday talking about how Bynum looked in practice and he said(paraphrased): "How do you think a guy who hasnt played in 9 month would look? He needs to get back in shape, get his rhythm back. Hes nowhere near coming back."

Doug collins sounds pissed.
OhNoTimNoSho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 11:14 AM   #6
Kobe681
Great young streetballer

Pretty sad that this guy just has no fire to play. He just doesnt care.

He hit the jackpot at being born with the physical abilities that he has and he's somehow pretty good at this game. But he has no passion.
Kobe681 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 11:49 AM   #7
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

I think people harping on Collins negativity is being over-blown

I saw the interview, and Collins seemed more like he was not impressed, and not ready to start telling everybody that Bynum's about to be back.

The media was egging him on to give a date when Bynum will play, and he basically shut it down.

He talked about how having a big man out there all of a sudden distorted everything in practice because the 6ers havent had that all season. So it shocked him how much Bynum's presence altered things...

But I think he is a bit disappointed and also cautious about how long it will take moving forward.

he wasnt overly negative about it though... just cautious and not willing to get giddy over seeing Bynum get out there
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 12:02 PM   #8
chocolatethunder
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheed1
I think people harping on Collins negativity is being over-blown

I saw the interview, and Collins seemed more like he was not impressed, and not ready to start telling everybody that Bynum's about to be back.

The media was egging him on to give a date when Bynum will play, and he basically shut it down.

He talked about how having a big man out there all of a sudden distorted everything in practice because the 6ers havent had that all season. So it shocked him how much Bynum's presence altered things...

But I think he is a bit disappointed and also cautious about how long it will take moving forward.

he wasnt overly negative about it though... just cautious and not willing to get giddy over seeing Bynum get out there
Totally agree. In addition, he's trying to get this team into the playoffs and I'm sure he's frustrated with the whole situation. They actually gave up some decent young prospects in hopes of competing in the east this year. Instead they've watched Bynum hurt himself "bowling" and just in general seem like Bynum always seems while the young guys that they shipped out for him have done well. Collins prepared for this season thinking that he was going to have someone to play center and has instead shuffled a bunch of different lineups just to try and compete for the eighth seed. If I were him I wouldn't be too hopeful or optimistic about a guy who seems disinterested in his recovery showing up to practice woefully out of shape w thirty games to go in the season. Collins has plenty of other shit to be worried about. This isn't preseason. I don't even think that they're going to get another practice in in the next week.
chocolatethunder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 12:40 PM   #9
Burgz V2
Decent college freshman

and the winner of the Dwight-Bynum trade emerges...

Burgz V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 12:50 PM   #10
irondarts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe681
Pretty sad that this guy just has no fire to play. He just doesnt care.

He hit the jackpot at being born with the physical abilities that he has and he's somehow pretty good at this game. But he has no passion.
Yup.
irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 12:53 PM   #11
Styles p
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolatethunder
Totally agree. In addition, he's trying to get this team into the playoffs and I'm sure he's frustrated with the whole situation. They actually gave up some decent young prospects in hopes of competing in the east this year. Instead they've watched Bynum hurt himself "bowling" and just in general seem like Bynum always seems while the young guys that they shipped out for him have done well. Collins prepared for this season thinking that he was going to have someone to play center and has instead shuffled a bunch of different lineups just to try and compete for the eighth seed. If I were him I wouldn't be too hopeful or optimistic about a guy who seems disinterested in his recovery showing up to practice woefully out of shape w thirty games to go in the season. Collins has plenty of other shit to be worried about. This isn't preseason. I don't even think that they're going to get another practice in in the next week.

it's not like they would have played anyway. last year whenever vucevic would **** up right to the bench he went for the rest of the game. he's terrible at player development. I wouldn't be surprised if he started throwing out our starting line up as jrue-ivey-wilkins-allen-brown. I've been a sixers fan my entire life and it's hard for me to even turn a game on right now. this season is almost as hard to watch as the eddie jordan fiasco. this franchise is cursed evan turner is a complete bust spencer hawes is one of the softest players i have ever watched. the only thing that keeps me watching is jrue holiday.
Styles p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 12:58 PM   #12
R.I.P.
NBA lottery pick

If Philly is really lucky they´ll get Asik from Houston in return. If not Bynum will just walk into Dallas. The Sixers are kind of like the Mavs Championships team in that the owner didn´t believe in its own team. If they only had kept Iggy or at least trusted the development of Holiday, Vucevic, Harkless and whatever else they gave up.
R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: