Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast
    I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Default Shaq rips Van Gundy

[QUOTE]"When a bum says some (stuff) about it and I respond, you can (expletive) cancel that cuz I know how he is in real life. We

Local High School Star

Default Shaq responds to Van Gundy's flop comments.

Don't get in a war of words with Shaquille O'Neal. He's undefeated in verbal warfare.

Orlando coach Stan Van Gundy took at a shot at O'Neal after the Magic's Tuesday night win against the Suns, criticizing O'Neal for "flopping." O'Neal had gone to the floor while defending Dwight Howard on one play and admitted after the game that it was a flop, "like everyone else does to me."

But O'Neal unleashed on Van Gundy before tonight's game in Miami. He rarely speaks before games but did so to a group of reporters and then again to the Republic to send his message tonight.

First, here's what Van Gundy said, "“I was shocked, seriously, shocked. And very disappointed cause he knows what it’s like. Lets stand up and play like men, and I think our guy did that tonight.”

Now, here is O'Neal with some more profane moments retracted:
    "He (Howard) came with the same old, stale Patrick Ewing move so I tried to stand there and take the charge. The new rules say if you come through, you fall. But as I fell, I realized that it was a flop and it reminded me of Coach Van Gundy’s whole coaching career. The one thing I despise is a frontrunner. First of all, none of his players like him. When it gets tough, he will become the master of panic like he did before and he will quit like he did before. The one thing I despise is frontrunners. Yeah, he’s got a young team playing good but don’t be a frontrunner. Him and his brother and even the legend on the bench ain’t done what I’ve done in my whole career. So flopping would be the wrong choice of words."

"I just tried to take a charge. The (expletive) rules say you can’t stand there and get hit. You’ve got to fall. The (expletive) got the same old stinking move that Patrick Ewing has been doing his whole career. I went down, got up and didn’t complain. I see him and Stan complaining the whole game because they’ve got to. Remember, I’ve done more than him, his brother and Patrick Ewing."

"Stan Van Gundy reminds me of a broke navigational system. He knows everything about everything but ain’t never been nowhere. Think about that. If I’m right here and I type in the address of where you’re going, I know where it’s at but I’m not going there."

"When a bum says some (stuff) about it and I respond, you can (expletive) cancel that cuz I know how he is in real life. We’ll see when the playoffs start and he (expletive) panics and quits like he did when he was here (in Miami). And you (expletive) print it just like that. Do I look soft to you like you can say something and I’m not going to say something?"

"Notice they didn’t play me straight up. We’ll see how far they go cuz I know Stan. I said this a long time ago but I was actually talking about him: 'When the general panics, the troops will panic. Like in business, when the head panics and takes out all his stock, what happens?"
    "All the players hate him. The players don’t even like him. I hate frontrunners. I really do. I don’t like any frontrunners. There’s a pecking order involved. I’ve been there six times."

"I ain’t going to let no bum like him rip me and not say anything back. You can cancel that (expletive) all the way. Usually, I let (expletive) go. Not that. Not him. Hell no."

"The rules say when a guy goes through your chest you’ve got to fall to get the call. It was a flop. You’ve watched me play for 17 years. I don’t play like that."

"I’m not going to sit around and let nobodies take a shot at me and he is a nobody to me. And if he thinks he can get in a little press conference and take shots at me like I’m not going to (say) something back, he’s got another thing coming."

Guess so.
    http://www.azcentral.com/members/Blog/PaulCoro/47655

I would bold the best parts but its all great. Shaq ripped him.
    Last edited by blackification; 03-04-2009 at 08:44 PM.

Very good NBA starter

Default Re: Shaq rips Van Gundy

"Stan Van Gundy reminds me of a broke navigational system. He knows everything about everything but ain

Go Spurs Go

Default Re: Shaq responds to Van Gundy's flop comments.

OUCH! Shaq dropping bombs both Van Gundys, Ewing, and Howard! Absolutely no regard for human life.

It was wrong for Stan to pretty much say Shaq didnt play like a man. He dished it, now its time to take it.

Haha, Van Gundy got PONED.

thats awesome

High School Starter

Wow, he really destroyed Van Gundy. I wonder if there is a video of the interview somewhere. It doesn't seem like Shaq was joking around like usual, he seemed really pissed off.

7-time NBA All-Star OneMoreSucka's Avatar

Goddamn, I've never seen shaq so pissed

Playoffs? Playoffs!!! Mississippi's Avatar

Why can't Shaq just be the bigger man for once? Grow up already.

I think Shaq might need to cool it a little. It seemed to me like Coach Van Gundy was just messing with him...

Banned

shaq is such a douche rips on everyone then acts like their best friend the next day

College star

Shaq = #1 (sry ISH)

The worse thing is Shaq did flop. There was no reason for him to respond like that.

Playoffs? Playoffs!!! Mississippi's Avatar

Yeah like I said he should just grow up. Why respond to every negative comment thrown at him. He could of been the bigger man (which he is, but you know what I mean)

World Champion WOOOO~!

Now that's just taking things to far. You're almost 37 Shaq, grow up will ya? Jeff and Ewing have absolutely nothing to do with your beef towards Dwight and Stan.