Default Sixers 2014 draft results

The Philadelphia 76ers announced that they have acquired the draft rights to Jordan McRae (58th overall pick in the 2014 NBA Draft) and the 60th overall pick in the NBA Draft, which was later traded to the Brooklyn Nets. Both picks were acquired from the San Antonio Spurs in exchange for the 54th overall pick. McRae declared for the 2014 NBA Draft following his senior season at Tennessee.

In four years, McRae (6-6, 185) averaged 14 points, 4 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 block and 1 steal in 33 minutes per game while shooting 42 percent from the floor. He led the team in scoring with 19 ppg his senior year and 16 ppg his junior season. He also led the Volunteers in assists with 3 apg as a senior.

McRae was named First Team All-SEC as both a senior and junior.

Default Re: Sixers 2014 draft results

The Philadelphia 76ers announced that they selected Joel Embiid (Joe-ELL Em-BEAD) with the third overall pick in the 2014 NBA Draft. The team also announced that they have acquired the draft rights to Dario Saric (dah-RIO shah-RICH, 12th overall pick in the 2014 NBA Draft), the Orlando Magic

The Philadelphia 76ers announced that they selected three players in the second round of the 2014 NBA Draft: K.J. McDaniels (32nd overall), Jerami Grant (39th overall) and Vasilije Micic (52nd overall).

McDaniels (6-6, 200) averaged 18 points, 8 rebounds, 2 assists, 3 blocks and 2 steals in 34 minutes per game this past season while shooting 46 percent from the floor. As a junior, he was the only player in the country to lead his team in points, rebounds, blocks, steals and three-pointers, and became just the second player in ACC history to do so for an entire season. He earned All-ACC honors and the ACC Defensive Player of the Year award, and was named to the First Team All-ACC by the media last year.

Sam Hinkie is a gambling man. The 76ers general manager selected former Kansas center Joel Embiid with the third pick in the NBA draft Thursday night at the Barclays Center. The Sixers made the pick after their proposed trade with the Cleveland Cavaliers for the top overall selection fell through. Embiid, who could not attend the draft because of his recent surgery and instead watched from Kansas, told ESPN about watching the draft on TV instead of in person: "It is different. [I'm] disappointed not to be there. I wish I could be there, but I'm excited. The Sixers just took me, and I still can't believe it. You know, to start playing basketball so late, and just being here, it just means that anything's possible."

The team used the 10th overall pick on Louisiana-Lafayette guard Elfrid Payton. The Sixers then traded Payton to the Orlando Magic for Croatian star Dario Saric, a future first-round pick and a future second-round selection. The second-rounder is reportedly for 2015. The first-rounder is the 2017 top-11 pick the Sixers sent to the Magic in the Andrew Bynum deal.

Saric is a 6-foot-10 forward with good court vision in the Toni Kukoc mode. He signed a three-year contract to play in the Turkish League earlier this week. Saric is expected to spend at least two more years overseas. The Sixers acquired two first-round picks who might not see the court next season. But that didn't take away from the team's excitement.

-- Philadelphia Inquirer