or against.

Default Re: The difference between Bosh and Garnett

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    or against.

I'm not mad he won a title.

Infact, I asked this question on the Raptors forum:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=268389

He can be easily hated for some of the things he says and does both on and off the court.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    LOL at Bosh being worse than Garnett.
    Bosh has significantly changed his game to fit in with this Heat team, and he does wonders for us.
    For all this talk of Garnett being a 'power' forward, he does the same shit every time. 15 foot turnarounds all game. Putting the 'power' into power forward ay?

Does changing his game mean not play better defense and rebound better? Like as good as KG?

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    I'm not mad he won a title.

Infact, I asked this question on the Raptors forum:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=268389

He can be easily hated for some of the things he says and does both on and off the court.
    Easily mocked yeah but I don't agree with easily hated. He always comes across as a chill, humble and classy dude. IMO someone like dwight is easy to hate on because of his fake cornball persona but even in that case using the word hate is pushing it a bit

Good college starter Kevin_Garnett_5's Avatar

I'm not talking about outplaying. I didn't expect Bosh to outplay anyone coming back from an injury. Yet he shut out Garnett. He went missing.
    For all the talk that Bosh has got during his career about Garnett getting to him and really bothering him, its funny people don't look at how many problems Bosh has caused for Garnett over his career. Always plays him well.

Bosh is better than Garnett, and has been for the last 2 or 3 years.
    I could say the same thing about not expecting an over the hill KG to outplay a prime Chris Bosh yet he does it almost every time they play.

KG vs Bosh Head to Head (Career):

KG: 18/10/4 50% FG
    Bosh: 15/9/2 48% FG

KG vs Bosh Head to Head (last season):

KG: 15/7/2 57% FG
    Bosh: 12/10/2 43% FG

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Yeah you cant say you watch x amount of Heat games. We pretty much all do.
    Yeah you can, because there is watching NBA and really watching NBA.

I watch the Heat, almost every game for years.

I analyse them. I pause, rewind, break up plays.

Study defensive schemes, acknowledge 1 percenters.

If you do that, and dont acknowledge Bosh as an elite forward, then you don't understand basketball.

We are talking about a guy that would be on the Olympic team, I'm not making an outrageous claim.

If you don't think he is elite, then you are blinded by Heat hate or dont watch thoroughly or stupid.

By elite, I am saying one of the better forwards in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by G-train
    Yeah you can, because there is watching NBA and really watching NBA.

I watch the Heat, almost every game for years.

I analyse them. I pause, rewind, break up plays.

Study defensive schemes, acknowledge 1 percenters.

If you do that, and dont acknowledge Bosh as an elite forward, then you don't understand basketball.

We are talking about a guy that would be on the Olympic team, I'm not making an outrageous claim.

If you don't think he is elite, then you are blinded by Heat hate or dont watch thoroughly or stupid.

By elite, I am saying one of the better forwards in the league.
    You can't even spell analyze properly, dont try to come off as some superior intellect.

Bosh is better than Garnett, and has been for the last 2 or 3 years.
    Well sure. One is in his mid-30s and well past his prime and the other is in his late 20s and in his prime. I know you're not arguing career vs. career, though.

Still, I'm not sure there's an even a noticeable gap. Garnett is still a better defensive player/anchor which closes the gap between their offensive abilities. Not sure Garnett can be more than a 15-17 ppg scorer right now if he was used as the offensive focal point/#1 option, but he showed in the playoffs he's still a capable scorer when called upon.

With that said, I think Bosh is an underrated player due to being the "forgotten" third wheel in Miami. I think his value was shown during the playoffs. The Heat struggled mightily without him. He comes back, gets healthy the last two games of the ECF, and the Heat comeback from a 3-2 deficit and move on to the Finals. He was the X-factor in the Finals in my opinion, too. Due to Presti either being too stubborn or too stupid to go small and use Ibaka or Collison to defend him, Bosh killed OKC (mainly Perkins), especially on the pick-n-roll, and he did prove to be a solid rim protector from time to time with some timely blocks.
    Last edited by KG215; 09-26-2012 at 10:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by eliteballer
    You can't even spell analyze properly, dont try to come off as some superior intellect.

If you had a clue what you're talking about you'd know there is different ways of spelling it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin_Garnett_5
    I could say the same thing about not expecting an over the hill KG to outplay a prime Chris Bosh yet he does it almost every time they play.

So you expect a perfectly capable player to not outperform one that is coming back from injury?
    Pretty comparable stats considering you're including Bosh's rookie year in that and the fact Bosh isn't the first or second option anymore.

Good college starter Kevin_Garnett_5's Avatar

So you expect a perfectly capable player to not outperform one that is coming back from injury?
    Pretty comparable stats considering you're including Bosh's rookie year in that and the fact Bosh isn't the first or second option anymore.
    A perfectly capable 36 year old in his 17th season on bad knees?

And about half of those games are from when KG was past his prime and no longer a first option:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...01&p2=boshch01

I usually hit open layups Donnybrook's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin_Garnett_5

Nailed it!

Banned

When there is a clear level of forward above you on your own team...you arent elite.
    That's pretty much the epitome of a bullshit argument. Is Kevin McHale not elite?
    The difference between Bosh and KG is that KG was one of the best passers, defenders, and rebounders for his position ever, and was an MVP caliber player for a good 5 years. Bosh actually might be a better scorer (either way they're close) but the difference between them just is not attitude. It's skill and athleticism, both of which Bosh is pretty far behind KG.
    As for him being elite, I guess it depends on what your definition of elite is. He's a top 20 player no question. There might be 1 or 2 PFs better then him. He's in a pretty poor situation for his skillset, but none the less he's a top tier player, and he has done a good job of converting some of his offense in Toronto into defense in Miami and has made a positive impact on that side these past two years.

Quote Originally Posted by eliteballer

Everyone outside of North America spells it with a 's'.