Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year Da_Realist's Avatar

Default Re: Magic: "Once Lebron learned he plays like me rather than Michael....

My man, lakerspng

Agree with everything you said.

Default Re: Magic: "Once Lebron learned he plays like me rather than Michael....

Quote Originally Posted by lakerspng
    Lebron is a unique player. He has a lot of Magic's court vision and passing ability, but has Jordan's explosive speed and power. He's not as great a floor general as magic and never will be, but then again no one has ever been so that's not a knock. He's also not as great a scorer as Jordan and never will be which is also not a knock. Lebron is Lebron. He stands on his own and is creating his own legacy.

I think for the most part Lebron's biggest issue is allowing the ghosts of basketball's past dictate a lot of how he plays and approaches the game. When he finally eased up, relaxed, starting letting his own game come to him...he played a lot better and within the flow of the game itself.

All of that "choking" was him paying too much mind to other outside factors and comparisons. It was pressure that wasnt needed.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by lakerspng
    You obviously never saw magic play. Lebron could only dream of doing what Magic accomplished. Grow up.
    Yeah because LeBron wouldn't win multiple rings playing with Kareem, one of the top 5 best players ever.

I've seen both of these guys play and LeBron is playing at a higher level right now than Magic ever did.

Scoring? No question, talk to me when Magic can score 30 PPG.

Honestly LeBron is just superior at everything. He is bigger, stronger, faster. He has a better jumpshot, he is better at getting into the paint and imposing his dominance. Next we move to defense. Magic couldn't defend ANY point guards, the Lakers had to hide him on the opposing teams worst swingman. LeBron? Here we have a perimeter player that can anchor a defense. He can shut anyone down from Derrick Rose to Pau Gasol, and he is also one of the quickest help defenders in NBA History. Defensively it's not a ****ing contest.

Magics only advantage is "court vision and passing". Let's be honest, you put any great point guard on those Laker teams which is the best supporting cast in history and they dominate. LeBron has to do everything for his teams to win, Magic just needs to coast. This is the guy that throws a bitchfit if he doesn't have the most stacked teams. From his draft destination, to pickup games, to the NBA.

Put Magic on the 2012 Heat and their not winning the championship. Put LeBron on the Showtime Lakers and they win the ring every ****ing year.

Quote Originally Posted by MiamiThrice
    Put Magic on the 2012 Heat and their not winning the championship. Put LeBron on the Showtime Lakers and they win the ring every ****ing year.
    You're insane.

Lebronyte Kryptonite

Quote Originally Posted by oh the horror
    I think for the most part Lebron's biggest issue is allowing the ghosts of basketball's past dictate a lot of how he plays and approaches the game. When he finally eased up, relaxed, starting letting his own game come to him...he played a lot better and within the flow of the game itself.

All of that "choking" was him paying too much mind to other outside factors and comparisons. It was pressure that wasnt needed.
    But all that pressure, he and his media "team" put on himself. I for one have never felt sorry for him, cracking under pressure he created himself. It's one thing for people to call you "the next MJ" "the chosen one" and all that. But it's totally different when they call you all that, and you turn right around and play into it. Lebron is immensely talented, but he allowed himself to be a pure marketing tool, to build up his "brand," and that wasn't needed. All he had to do from Day 1 was downplay all that, and just play. Let his game do all the talking.

Local High School Star lakerspng's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MiamiThrice
    Yeah because LeBron wouldn't win multiple rings playing with Kareem, one of the top 5 best players ever.

I've seen both of these guys play and LeBron is playing at a higher level right now than Magic ever did.

Scoring? No question, talk to me when Magic can score 30 PPG.

Honestly LeBron is just superior at everything. He is bigger, stronger, faster. He has a better jumpshot, he is better at getting into the paint and imposing his dominance. Next we move to defense. Magic couldn't defend ANY point guards, the Lakers had to hide him on the opposing teams worst swingman. LeBron? Here we have a perimeter player that can anchor a defense. He can shut anyone down from Derrick Rose to Pau Gasol, and he is also one of the quickest help defenders in NBA History. Defensively it's not a ****ing contest.

Magics only advantage is "court vision and passing". Let's be honest, you put any great point guard on those Laker teams which is the best supporting cast in history and they dominate. LeBron has to do everything for his teams to win, Magic just needs to coast. This is the guy that throws a bitchfit if he doesn't have the most stacked teams. From his draft destination, to pickup games, to the NBA.

not even worth a response

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    ...now he is taking of, now he is understanding winning a championship, now he is controling games"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9XTgugALpk

What say you?

Personally i think its not entirely true but i think there is some truth to that in terms of how he controls the games lately, the first time i saw Lebron i knew immediately he was in some kindof Magic vs Jordan conflict... its like he had Jordan on one shoulder and Magic on the other... one yelling to him "Shoot! There is no i in team, but there is i in win!" and one yelling to him "Pass the ball, your teammate is completely open! There is i in win, but there is also i in championship and making teammates better!"...

Once he learned how to simply stop forcing and just control the game within the flow of the game using his natural abilities & instincts (which are just a bit more closer to Magic), thats when he reached this comfort you see today... now that he got this result this year, he understands what he has to do in full comfort...
    I see someone named Reign something on the comments on that video hating on Lebron. Is it our own Reigny?

Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

the interviewer sounded like a kobe impersonator

Lebronyte Kryptonite

Quote Originally Posted by Nash
    I see someone named Reign something on the comments on that video hating on Lebron. Is it our own Reigny?
    So....according to you(nash/pauk) EVERY s/n on the internet that has any combination of either the word LAKERS or REIGN in them, AUTOMATICALLY means it's supposedly me? According to your idiotic boyfriends, my real name is supposedly "rob fleming/flemming", who's also supposedly an Iraq war veteran. Which also supposedly means that EVERY "rob fleming/flemming" on the internet, commenting on stories about Iraq war veterans, is supposedly me too. Coincidence....or recurring pattern? Keeping in mind now, that according to them, I'm supposedly the one who's "crazy."
    Last edited by LakersReign; 09-25-2012 at 02:55 PM.

you can't stop me get these NETS's Avatar

good point by Magic

although I think that you can play like Magic IF you have other great and good players on your team (wade,bosh)....otherwise you are forced to play like Jordan.

i've seen bron as a bird,magic, jordan combo really

and miamithrice....need to get your weed from a another spot.....the stuff they're giving you is laced with angel dust

Good college starter Rubio2Gasol's Avatar

It's the exact opposite.

National High School Star funnystuff's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by get these NETS
    good point by Magic

although I think that you can play like Magic IF you have other great and good players on your team (wade,bosh)....otherwise you are forced to play like Jordan.

i've seen bron as a bird,magic, jordan combo really

and miamithrice....need to get your weed from a another spot.....the stuff they're giving you is laced with angel dust
    Dat PCP

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    ...now he is taking of, now he is understanding winning a championship, now he is controling games"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9XTgugALpk

What say you?
    I can't watch the video right now but that doesn't even make sense.

Lebron played more like MJ in this year's playoffs than Magic.

And when Lebron did play more of a facilitating role for his teams, they won some games and lost some. Same with his MJ style.

So you can't really say which is better. It all depends on the series and the matchup.
    Last edited by tmacattack33; 09-25-2012 at 03:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ralph_i_el
    you know what all time great LeBron plays most like?

Lebron. He's not out there trying to be magic or jordon. He's dominating in his own style.
    He plays more like a stronger Magic Johnson, except much less clutch and much more dependent on strong perimeter plays such as Wade.

Also Lebron obviously has much less court vision than Magic.

Local High School Star

For whatever reason Magic rarely provides good basketball analysis, and this is no exception. If anything, prior to the last 2 games of the Finals, the '12 playoffs was the most dissimilar Lebron's game has ever been from Magic's. He's pretty much never been that focused on scoring over facilitating before, though he was scoring in a very different style than Jordan did so that's not a good comparison at all either.

Current Lebron doesn't really remind me much of anybody, he's got little elements of tons of different players. When he was young (say '06 and before), he reminded me a lot of T-mac, and just looked and played a lot more like a guard.