Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Tracy Mcgrady vs Paul Pierce vs Vince Carter vs Allen Iverson in the 2000's

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponX2024
    It's better than winning nothing in the Finals.

Is PP better than Elgin Baylor too?

Mentally-ill retard who won't stop bashing Dwight Howard

Default Re: Tracy Mcgrady vs Paul Pierce vs Vince Carter vs Allen Iverson in the 2000's

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix18

Is PP better than Elgin Baylor too?
    No, but I hope you are comparing Iverson to Baylor, because Baylor is much better than Iverson as well as Pierce.

It's better than winning nothing in the Finals.
    ? Winning a championship is great but it doesn't make Pierce a better player than Iverson. AI won an MVP and carried a team to the finals. If you had put AI on a team with 2 other future HOFers he may have won a ring himself. The only reason I would put Pierce above McGrady and Carter is because of his ring, but I don't think you can really compare him to AI.

Mentally-ill retard who won't stop bashing Dwight Howard

Quote Originally Posted by hawksdogsbraves
    ? Winning a championship is great but it doesn't make Pierce a better player than Iverson. AI won an MVP and carried a team to the finals. If you had put AI on a team with 2 other future HOFers he may have won a ring himself. The only reason I would put Pierce above McGrady and Carter is because of his ring, but I don't think you can really compare him to AI.
    May have, doesn't mean he would have and I actually doubt it too. Iverson has never shown signs where he could cooperate with other superstar players or make them better.

May have, doesn't mean he would have and I actually doubt it too. Iverson has never shown signs where he could cooperate with other superstar players or make them better.
    Either way Iverson was the superior player. Let's compare some stats shall we?

Paul Pierce: 22.7ppg 6.2rpg 3.9apg 1.5spg 44fg%
    7xAll Star
    1x Second Team All-NBA
    3x Third Team All-NBA
    1x Finals Champion and MVP

Allen Iverson: 27ppg 6.2apg 3.7rpg 2.2spg 42fg%
    9x All Star
    2x First Team All-NBA
    3x Second Team All-NBA
    1x Third Team All-NBA
    1x NBA MVP

It is pretty clear from the stats who has had the better career, and as far as the playoffs go, AI's numbers are far ahead (PP's playoff numbers are actually slightly worse than his career stats :/).

PP also has never started an All-Star game, while AI has started in all nine.

I am not really an AI fan like some on these forums, but when it comes to AI vs Pierce the answer seems pretty clear.

i have little trouble with ai over paul, but i doubt you would rank AI that high while speaking on another topic.
    anyway, true, ai and paul is definitely above the sprained brothers

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Iverson was the best individual player. He had a number of scoring titles, won an MVP award, and although there was no one as tough as the Cavs or Pistons to go through at the time he did still lead a team to the Finals as the best player, whereas Pierce, in spite of the MVP award, was overall the second-best Celtic that year behind KG. So I'd put AI at #1.

Pierce comes in second. VC won more ASG popularity contests and T-Mac had scoring titles, as well as the ASG popularity. But those two both quit on teams, which Pierce did not do, and Pierce is a Finals MVP, which counts for a lot as a clutch player. Also, of the three Pierce had the least injury-wrecked seasons (only one) and the guy that exceeds him in per game stats (McGrady) is also the guy with 67, 47, 66, and 35-game seasons. I don't blame McGrady for getting hurt so much but it has effected his value as a player.

Suppose Carter goes third...again, the injuries to McGrady hurt his case.

And Mac, obviously, is 4th.

Very good NBA starter elementally morale's Avatar

Higherst Peak
    McGrady
    Iverson
    Carter
    Pierce

Best Career (accomplishments)
    Pierce
    Iverson
    Carter
    McGrady

All-Time List (playing ability through career)
    Iverson
    Pierce
    Carter
    McGrady

Quote Originally Posted by elementally morale
    Higherst Peak
    McGrady
    Iverson
    Carter
    Pierce

Pierce
    Iverson
    Carter
    McGrady

Iverson
    Pierce
    Carter
    McGrady
    What is an accomplishment?

NBA lottery pick

lmao pierce over AI and T-Mac and VC? Lol you fools got some short time memory. PP was practically a nobody...kinda like the Danny Granger and Al jeff of the league right now...good decent numbers that nobody knows.

VC, Ai, and T-mac have always been in the limelight...

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The_Yearning
    lmao pierce over AI and T-Mac and VC? Lol you fools got some short time memory. PP was practically a nobody...kinda like the Danny Granger and Al jeff of the league right now...good decent numbers that nobody knows.

VC, Ai, and T-mac have always been in the limelight...
    Pierce has been all-NBA 4 times, and has 7 or 8 ASG appearances. Not to mention a Finals MVP award. You calling him a "nobody" reflects far more strongly on your ability to evaluate players than on Pierce's career.

Iverson was the best

and you know it

Local High School Star BALLin01's Avatar

Iverson
    Pierce
    Carter
    Mac

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    Pierce has been all-NBA 4 times, and has 7 or 8 ASG appearances. Not to mention a Finals MVP award. You calling him a "nobody" reflects far more strongly on your ability to evaluate players than on Pierce's career.
    But would you put Pierce over AI?

Quote Originally Posted by elementally morale
    Higherst Peak
    McGrady
    Iverson
    Carter
    Pierce

Pierce
    Iverson
    Carter
    McGrady

Iverson
    Pierce
    Carter
    McGrady

this looks pretty much spot on, although i would swap iverson and pierce on second list. shame how all the injuries and other bull**** have stopped mcgrady from becoming an all time great like he could and should have been