Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Decent college freshman

Default Re: How much should you give for a wedding gift?

Fifty bucks for yourself, 100 if you bring a date. Plates are probably 30-40 bucks, so that more than covers you.

Quote Originally Posted by IamRAMBO24
    Don't worry Kev, we appreciate your input, but as usual, it's completely worthless: nobody is going to be serving a hundred dollar meal for each guest, so the benjamin bill is perfectly reasonable as a gift.
    Um,
    A. the OP already said this question is not for people who are broke. And I'm sure your job in the college bookstore stockroom doesn't leave you with much left over, so why are you here?

B. You have no experience planning weddings and no idea how much something costs. You also need to factor in not just the food, but the cost of the hall or other catering/rental costs. For our wedding, we rented an event space for the ceremony and different place for the reception. All the chairs, tables, tablecloths and silverware was rented too.

C. Costs vary all over the country.
    Last edited by KevinNYC; 07-19-2014 at 03:18 PM.

______________________ Balla_Status's Avatar

Wedding present is acceptable I guess. Wedding shower, baby shower, gender reveal....nah. Just another way for couples to schmooze.

Serious question though...why must you get a gift based on how much the couple CHOSE to spend on their wedding?

Last wedding I went to I gave the couple a bottle of Australian rum.

The Brooklyn Brawler. BrooklynZoo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Balla_Status
    Wedding present is acceptable I guess. Wedding shower, baby shower, gender reveal....nah. Just another way for couples to schmooze.

Serious question though...why must you get a gift based on how much the couple CHOSE to spend on their wedding?

Last wedding I went to I gave the couple a bottle of Australian rum.
    you will not be invited to my wedding, but lol