Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-06-2008, 01:27 PM   #1
BBallBeatwriter
Decent playground baller

BBallBeatwriter has no real reputation yet.
Default Is Shawn Marion/d'antoni Out Of There Minds?

Let me get this straight, you're the team's highest paid player, on the team with the best record in the west, and you want to go to a team with the worst record in the east? This must be an indication of how badly Mation wants out. But more importantly, HOW IN THE HELL can D'Antoni and the rest of the Suns' brass, including Steve Kerr, trade a player who is in the prime of his career for a player who is in the twilight of his career. Yes, Shaq might still be good for a few rebounds and might occasionally still warrant a double-team I understand the way the Suns are presently constituted may not be the formula for winning it all, this move might even further hamper thier chances at winning.
BBallBeatwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 01:31 PM   #2
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Is Shawn Marion/d'antoni Out Of There Minds?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBallBeatwriter
Let me get this straight, you're the team's highest paid player, on the team with the best record in the west, and you want to go to a team with the worst record in the east? This must be an indication of how badly Mation wants out. But more importantly, HOW IN THE HELL can D'Antoni and the rest of the Suns' brass, including Steve Kerr, trade a player who is in the prime of his career for a player who is in the twilight of his career. Yes, Shaq might still be good for a few rebounds and might occasionally still warrant a double-team I understand the way the Suns are presently constituted may not be the formula for winning it all, this move might even further hamper thier chances at winning.

They realize that when Nash leaves they will have to rebuild their team from scratch around Amare. Thw two years remainding in Shaq's contract coincides with the probable amount of years Nash has left at this level of play.

They now Marion will just be a ro******* in rebuilding so they thought "we might as well get a player that gives us a better chance of winning right now if he's healthy rather than not winning anyways and having to deal with Marion forever when we could just focus on building around Amare."

That's what I percieve this move was all about anyways.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 01:34 PM   #3
ForceOfNature
In It to Win It

ForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputation

But even if they have to rebuild, it's not a fair trade. You're giving up a lot of talent for some, it's just stupid.
ForceOfNature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 01:35 PM   #4
Optimus Prime
Swaggy

Optimus Prime has decent reputation

Did we really need another thread about this topic? Not to diss you OP, but there are like 2 other active threads on the first page about this exact topic...
Optimus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 01:37 PM   #5
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForceOfNature
But even if they have to rebuild, it's not a fair trade. You're giving up a lot of talent for some, it's just stupid.

They really want to win now I guess...and they believe Shaq gives them a better chance.

For the future, yes this does look like a bad trade on paper cause they get nothing out of this....but like I said, I think they didn't want to worry about Marion anymore and in a few years just worry about building around Marion. It's kind of like addition by subtraction for the future. I'm not to shocked they didn't get more players out of this, I am disappointed that they couldn't get a draft pick though be it in two years or three (Miami obviously wouldn't give up their pick for this season).
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 01:49 PM   #6
evinecz
Banned

evinecz has an OK reputation so far

Yes they are.
evinecz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 01:54 PM   #7
artificial
:-P

artificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected poster

This trades makes more sense than the Gasol trade, and I gave up on the world after that ****.
artificial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 01:56 PM   #8
oldenpolynice
Local High School Star

oldenpolynice has decent reputation

This will not end well for anyone. Marion-for-Shaq is quite possibly the worst all-around trade in the history of the NBA. Seriously, who wins in this situation?
oldenpolynice is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: