Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Default Titanfall Reviews?

Dont have an Xbox, just wondering what yall who have Titanfall think of the game.

Love Live Life

Default Re: Titanfall Reviews?

7.5 or 8/10

It's fun but it didn't live up to the hype. Nothing groundbreaking. Same fps with mechs.

You will have fun but it lacks content and it will get stale quick. I play it in spurts now.

Banned

10/10

surpassed the hype which is unbelievable.

there's a reason it's getting 9s and 10s from all the major reviewers and it's ****ing epic.

If you don't have an xbox though I'd just buy it on pc unless there's other games (dead rising 3 and ryse are really good) you want. Either way though I recommend picking it up.

National High School Star

Haven't played it, no interest in playing it. I saw it early on and thought it'd be cool, but meh. Some of friends have it and they say it is short lived.
    Probably much how gta5 is for me. Played in straight for a week or so, now haven't touched it at all.

Hell, I'm still enjoying playing Borderlands 2 on 360

Love Live Life

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    10/10

surpassed the hype which is unbelievable.

there's a reason it's getting 9s and 10s from all the major reviewers and it's ****ing epic.

If you don't have an xbox though I'd just buy it on pc unless there's other games (dead rising 3 and ryse are really good) you want. Either way though I recommend picking it up.
    So the game is perfect to you bruh?

I think most of these big time reviewers are getting paid off

Welcome to LA S. Nash! rhythmic 's Avatar

Looks retarded, but than again I'm not one of those Transformer geeks.
    Was never on my "to get" list.

Banned

This is a really in-depth review by Shakedown...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnBcwN4JjZQ

Basically, if you dont feel like watching the 19 min review, he says at the end that it's a great game and the gameplay is all that but it has poor graphics. He says it's not a must-have game and not worth buying an Xbox One for, especially if you already have a PS4, but still a very good game nonetheless.

I guess most people could agree with that and from other reviews and videos, it seems like he's right. BTW, Titanfall 2 will be coming to PS4 whenever it comes out.

Love Live Life

AngryJoe does a good unbiased review here: http://youtu.be/ZhUHOqaC5_A

But naw it's not worth going out and getting an X1. If you got a 360 just get it for that when it comes out.

If it was on PS4 they would've had so much more money

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TheReal Kendall
    So the game is perfect to you bruh?

I think most of these big time reviewers are getting paid off
    pretty much, haven't found a single flaw in it. Of course it matters what style of game you enjoy though, I was big into counter strike back in the day and this is the closest experience I've had to how counter strike used to feel. If you like competitive shooters this game is perfect, the only big knock people seem to have is the missing story but knocking a competitive FPS for it's story is silly as it's not that type of game and never made out it was to be like that.

I agree though, if you don't like the other xbox exclusives I'd just pick it up on PC. I'd avoid it on 360 until it's actually released as it's rumoured to be inferior.

In regards to reviewers being paid off I don't see how that's possible for a game that has had almost universal acclaim by people who actually own an xbox and have actually played the game for a substantial amount of time. I agree some big reviews are bullshit though, look at the ryse reviews that were so anti QTE that automatically played out when if they actually played the game on something higher than the easiest difficulty they would realise you need to time those QTE right if you want to survive.
    Last edited by outbreak; 03-20-2014 at 07:32 PM.

Love Live Life

Yea the game has very few flaws but I feel like the lack of content, lack customization, lack of campaign mode and underwhelming graphics are reason enough for it not to get a perfect score.

The game is fun and I do enjoy it when I play it but I feel like it needs more game modes and weapons.

Feels like they underachieved. There could've been so much more they could've done or maybe they're holding out for the dlc

My whole thing is that the game is nothing new, it feels like all the other shooters.

I've never played CS so I can't compare the two.

Unless the dlc brings the pain I don't see many people playing TF for long.

Banned

Yea the game has very few flaws but I feel like the lack of content, lack customization, lack of campaign mode and underwhelming graphics are reason enough for it not to get a perfect score.

The game is fun and I do enjoy it when I play it but I feel like it needs more game modes and weapons.

Feels like they underachieved. There could've been so much more they could've done or maybe they're holding out for the dlc

My whole thing is that the game is nothing new, it feels like all the other shooters.

I've never played CS so I can't compare the two.

Unless the dlc brings the pain I don't see many people playing TF for long.
    Last I heard they were planning on releasing new modes and even mentioned increasing the resolution via patch now that the new SDKs and patches are out. Personally though I think the graphics complaints are overplayed abit, it isn't as nice as ryse but some people are acting like it looks ugly and it's still a very pretty and smooth game. Imo it looks much nicer than thief.

Love Live Life

Last I heard they were planning on releasing new modes and even mentioned increasing the resolution via patch now that the new SDKs and patches are out. Personally though I think the graphics complaints are overplayed abit, it isn't as nice as ryse but some people are acting like it looks ugly and it's still a very pretty and smooth game. Imo it looks much nicer than thief.
    Cool. Yeah I'm not saying they are bad but it's just that I don't really see a difference from the 360 graphics.

I'm the type that prefer gameplay over graphics anyway so I don't care about that much.

I mainly want to be able to customize my dude, have more weapons, and more game modes.

Banned

Cool. Yeah I'm not saying they are bad but it's just that I don't really see a difference from the 360 graphics.

I'm the type that prefer gameplay over graphics anyway so I don't care about that much.

I mainly want to be able to customize my dude, have more weapons, and more game modes.
    you do unlock some weapons further on. I understand your point on that but for me my favourite FPS days were playing CS and CSS which both had a limited amount of weapons which I felt helped add to the competitiveness of the game. I should have prefaced my 10/10 with the details of it being the right type of game for me. From what I've read from others (and some of my friends) it has had a good draw for non fps fans as well as on the surface it's easy to get into quickly and it's one of those rare games where even if you die you get straight back into the action and dying doesn't seem to be as frustrating as some other games.

Your right with the graphics too, I think the main criticism is more about what it could have looked like, if it had of come out in the middle of this generation maybe then i would have called it's graphics a let down. I guess for me the only game I've played so far that has actually felt like next gen graphics was ryse even if the gameplay was too simple for that game to be considered great.

Haven't played it, but from digital foundry's report, they should try to improve the frame rate, rather than resolution. Also all the videos I have seen have had monster screen tearing. If they improved those two things, it would be better for the game then a resolution increase, since there isn't seemingly a ton of long distance combat where resolution would actually help.

Thief is a horrible game btw. Tried it at a friends, wowza.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

I'm playing the PC version.

Things I like:

- The movement (running, running along walls, double jumping) is maybe the best I've experienced in a multi-player shooter. Everything feels so smooth when you're running on a wall, jump to a balcony and double-jump onto the roof of the next building. It's perfect.

- It's VERY stable on a technical level. I have an almost 4-year old PC (upgrading to 8gb ram being the only change since) and it runs great with most detail settings set to high and AA 4x. I also haven't been dropped from a match yet. It's crazy how easy it is to get into games and play through them with zero problems.

- I love the balance in terms of the weapons and abilities. I do think it favours a "run and gun" style for which there are many options. Maybe it's just me though and I haven't found an effective use of sniper rifles. At least so far since I'm just at level 35. Some of the rare "burn cards" are overpowered (cloaking always on) but they wear off after a death.

- The overall feel of when you're piloting your titan is great. I like the different options you have in regards to titan control as well. This is another area where the balance feels right.

Things I don't like:

- Team balancing in match making needs work. Too many times you have a group of level 10 and under players vs level 40 and up guys.

- The titans are a great gameplay addition BUT I find that there is little benefit to actually going into your titan until the very end of each match. I have my titan on guard or follow mode (depending on type of match) and only jump in right at the end to take out dropships or stay alive longer. I feel like there should be more benefit to actually piloting your titan.

- I wish there were more game modes. The "campaign" is a waste and the only reason to complete it is to unlock the two titan models. It's just regular game modes with voiceovers giving you the a story. But among all the chaos, you miss a lot of the story since it's too hard to focus on any of it when you're in the middle of a gun battle. The modes themselves are good but it feels light compared to other major full price games.

Overall, I'd say it's a very good 8.5/10 simply because the core gameplay mechanics are excellent. It seems like the game developers were totally focused on getting that stuff right and we might see more content in Titanfall 2 whenever that comes out.