Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 815161718

Default Re: Wade/Bron vs. Jordan/Pippen (statistics request)

Quote Originally Posted by catch24
    My opinion was that you can't number crunch and tell posters to give an exact statline of what he'd produce. And no, I won't give estimates because at the end of the day they are just that, estimates. If and/or Wade wins another title reality is going to sink in. That much is for sure.
    if i ever read something paradox...

Quote Originally Posted by Teanett
    if i ever read something paradox...
    What's more likely, Miami to win a championship or 90's Pippen time traveling to play in todays league?

You're so 'argumentational' (LMAO) dude...

My opinion was that you can't number crunch and tell posters to give an exact statline of what he'd produce. And no, I won't give estimates because at the end of the day they are just that, estimates. If and/or Wade wins another title reality is going to sink in. That much is for sure.
    Lol ok. So you have an opinion of what pippen couldn't do, if he were in wades position. Ie lead a team to a championship win an mvp etc put up better stats in a different situation. But not what he could do.

You better be glad this isn't court. Cuz you'd loose the case for your side.

Quote Originally Posted by 97 bulls
    Lol ok. So you have an opinion of what pippen couldn't do, if he were in wades position. Ie lead a team to a championship win an mvp etc put up better stats in a different situation. But not what he could do.

You better be glad this isn't court. Cuz you'd loose the case for your side.
    Has Pippen scored 30 ppg? No. Did Pippen put up 2000 points, 500 assist, 100 blocks, & 100 steals in ONE year? No. Does any evidence support him averaging that type of production for a season? No.

What I've said has and will continue to be more credible than anything you've claimed thus far. In a civil court, you wouldn't have a case to begin with, lol.

What's more likely, Miami to win a championship or 90's Pippen time traveling to play in todays league?

You're so 'argumentational' (LMAO) dude...
    pippen's career achievements are a fact.
    miami winning another title is, at this point, fiction.
    with pippen i'm making an assumption on based what everybody saw.
    with lebron/wade you're making an assumption based on what never happened.
    that is no base for argumentational discourse.

pippen's career achievements are a fact.
    miami winning another title is, at this point, fiction.
    with pippen i'm making an assumption on based what everybody saw.
    with lebron/wade you're making an assumption based on what never happened.
    that is no base for argumentational discourse.
    You got posters mixed up; what I've been saying about Wade has happened (your boy is the one estimating/guessing what Pippen's numbers would be if he played in the 80's/today). I don't know whether or not LBJ/Wade get a ring this year; my point is that '97 bulls' is not going to enjoy history (given that he clearly has a bias towards Wade) if Miami wins.

Pippen is a top 25-30 player all-time; Wade is NOT there yet and will likely be stuck in the mud until Miami wins.

You got posters mixed up; what I've been saying about Wade has happened (your boy is the one estimating/guessing what Pippen's numbers would be if he played in the 80's/today). I don't know whether or not LBJ/Wade get a ring this year; my point is that '97 bulls' is not going to enjoy history (given that he clearly has a bias towards Wade) if Miami wins.

Pippen is a top 25-30 player all-time; Wade is NOT there yet and will likely be stuck in the mud until Miami wins.
    that's cool. i agree with this point.

...i still think you're an idiot tho

that's cool. i agree with this point.

...i still think you're an idiot tho
    Ditto

Has Pippen scored 30 ppg? No. Did Pippen put up 2000 points, 500 assist, 100 blocks, & 100 steals in ONE year? No. Does any evidence support him averaging that type of production for a season? No.

What I've said has and will continue to be more credible than anything you've claimed thus far. In a civil court, you wouldn't have a case to begin with, lol.
    Look catch, I've said it, roundball rock, teanett, fatal 9, smoke 117, and many others all said pippen would never be a 30 ppg scorer. He justs doesn't have that mentality.

All I've ever said is that most people knock him cuz of his stats aren't all-time great stats. I only tried to get people to acknowledge the situation he was in. And that his stats would be better in a different era where scoring came easier.

And just because I feel he'd do better and put up 24/8/8, that doesn't mean he's top 5. Lots of guys have put up those numbers.

Look catch, I've said it, roundball rock, teanett, fatal 9, smoke 117, and many others all said pippen would never be a 30 ppg scorer. He justs doesn't have that mentality.

All I've ever said is that most people knock him cuz of his stats aren't all-time great stats. I only tried to get people to acknowledge the situation he was in. And that his stats would be better in a different era where scoring came easier.

And just because I feel he'd do better and put up 24/8/8, that doesn't mean he's top 5. Lots of guys have put up those numbers.
    And thats fair. Seriously, thats totally fine with me. I too have acknowledged that his career stats don't reflect his peak play - one of the greatest all-around individual games the league has seen.

Though, I will say he's more likely to succeed his peak averages if he were the clear cut leader/number-one option of his team(s).

See, its a round robin. We also will never know if the bulls would win 6 championships with wade and jordan. And I don't have a bias towards wade. I said if he finishes his career with 4 championships he will jump to top 20. But to me pippen is there too. The difference is he, before he joined up with james, could not get out the first round. Except for 06. But he had the best center in the league. I just don't see what he's done to warrant the statement "pippen isn't on wades level". That's a dumb statement. Even if you feel wade is better. Another tier? Come on.

And the fact is wade is not better than lebron james. Once wade joined james, he put up numbers that are very similar to pippen. And thats in (here comes the context) a situation were the rules are set to help wade score. I mean just look at thei stats without context but playing alongside another great player

Wades
    26 ppg, 6 rbds, 5 asts, 50/31/76 2 stls 1 blk.

Pippen
    21 ppg, 7 rbds, 7 asts, 49/34,70 3stls 1blk.

Wades is better at taking over games offensively. And pippen is better at taking games over with his versitility. But both take over games.

Pippen is better defensively

I don't see much of a difference. Only in styles.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

See, its a round robin. We also will never know if the bulls would win 6 championships with wade and jordan. And I don't have a bias towards wade. I said if he finishes his career with 4 championships he will jump to top 20. But to me pippen is there too. The difference is he, before he joined up with james, could not get out the first round. Except for 06. But he had the best center in the league. I just don't see what he's done to warrant the statement "pippen isn't on wades level". That's a dumb statement. Even if you feel wade is better. Another tier? Come on.

And the fact is wade is not better than lebron james. Once wade joined james, he put up numbers that are very similar to pippen. And thats in (here comes the context) a situation were the rules are set to help wade score. I mean just look at thei stats without context but playing alongside another great player

Wades
    26 ppg, 6 rbds, 5 asts, 50/31/76 2 stls 1 blk.

Pippen
    21 ppg, 7 rbds, 7 asts, 49/34,70 3stls 1blk.

Wades is better at taking over games offensively. And pippen is better at taking games over with his versitility. But both take over games.

Pippen is better defensively

I don't see much of a difference. Only in styles.
    CAREER PER
    WADE: 25.7 (6th all time)
    PIPPEN: 18.6

CAREER PLAYOFF PER
    WADE: 24.7 (9th all time)
    PIPPEN: 18.4

Wade >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Pippen (individual talent)
    Pippen >= Wade (career-wise)

Quote Originally Posted by canefandynasty
    CAREER PER
    WADE: 25.7 (6th all time)
    PIPPEN: 18.6

CAREER PLAYOFF PER
    WADE: 24.7 (9th all time)
    PIPPEN: 18.4

Wade >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Pippen (individual talent)
    Pippen >= Wade (career-wise)
    Lol wades only been in like 50 playoff games. And per helps wade cuz he's a scorer. But even still, different roles. And nobody in their right mind would opt for wades career over pippens.