Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    NBA sixth man of the year Micku's Avatar

Default Re: Nenad Krstic > Kendrick Perkins

Perkins is a better defender and rebounder. Krstic is a better offensive player.

While the Perkins lost was big, his injuries would've kept him down. Krstic is better now since Perk is injured. Plus, Jeff Green is a better spark out of the bench than Nate. The Celts biggest lost would be Shaq. Shaq needs to be ready to go imo, but they don't know when he will be back. JO could be that "other" guy to foul ppl.
    Last edited by Micku; 03-07-2011 at 01:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    Defense is often overlooked. I'm sure that Krstic will put up better numbers as a scorer, is a better scorer, and will make the offense more effective. Perhaps enough to prove himself better than Perk. But the Cs won a Championship with Perk at center. People shouldn't disregard what Perk contributed over a few wins in the regular season. Is a win over the Bogutless Bucks really that impressive? Rondo didn't wake up until the 4th, if he had been his normal self the game is probably a laugher.

And if the Bucks had Bogut the Cs may well have missed Perk's D bigtime.
    Have you not forgotten? Bogut ate Perk alive whenever they matched up.

But back onto the topic. Offensively, Krystic provides a better flow on offense than Perk since he has range and moves much better as a result of that. Defensively, Krystic isn't the enforcer that Perk is. It can go either way imo, but since Perk is currently injured, Krystic > Perk.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    Im a lot happier that LAL will be driving to the basket and facing Kritic instead of Perkins...
    LA will probably also have to face Shaq. And Jeff Green should be a better match for Odom coming off the bench. Overall the trade will have been an improvement if O'Neal can play in the postseason.

Certified ISHiot.

....tried to tell you people this was a great trade for the Celtics.... most of you laughed at me. What's Perkins doing down in OKC? Oh yeah, he's not even healthy.

Banned

I'm feeling so relieved about this trade, but I wouldn't be ready to start saying "Kendrick who?" just yet. A new trade can go two ways: this sort of honey moon period or the Arenas situation in Orlando where shit just AIN'T working. Boston may just have the pleasure of the former scenario.

We shall see. So far I'm loving what I'm seeing. It's as if Green and Krstic have been here since training camp.

Kristic was on his way to being an All-Star before the knee injury years ago, I always knew he was a good player in and now he's getting his chance.

They'll miss Perkins against Orlando.

joakim noah, andrew bynum is going to rape him

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    Defense is often overlooked. I'm sure that Krstic will put up better numbers as a scorer, is a better scorer, and will make the offense more effective. Perhaps enough to prove himself better than Perk. But the Cs won a Championship with Perk at center. People shouldn't disregard what Perk contributed over a few wins in the regular season. Is a win over the Bogutless Bucks really that impressive? Rondo didn't wake up until the 4th, if he had been his normal self the game is probably a laugher.

And if the Bucks had Bogut the Cs may well have missed Perk's D bigtime.
    i mean yes, his offense interferes with the opposing team's defense a lot more so the Big Perk brings to the table but we saw what he made out of in New Jersey and in OKC. Perkins to me is more of a game changer because of his defense and anger. Doc may have to increase KG's minutes because of Kendrick's departure.

Bulls vs Celtics should be an interesting series. I hope Boozer steps up by then because he has been playing average basketball since the All Star break.

Certified ISHiot.

Quote Originally Posted by nightprowler10
    They'll miss Perkins against Orlando.
    Kendrick Perkins isn't stopping Dwight Howard. No one is. Orlando will lose because they'll clank too many threes.

Quote Originally Posted by jlauber
    This. Perkins will be missed...just as he was in game seven last year.
    Exactly. LA's offensive rebounding was a huge part of the reason they were even in the game. Who knows if they're able to get that many 2nd chance points with a healthy Kendrick.

Local High School Star

he's playing well and that's nice and all... but Celtics need big men that play D. The move will be ultimately judged by how he and Green play in the playoffs. If they are both pansies, well then we can talk about that Perkins trade again.

No matter what happens though I understand why Ainge might have traded Perkins. He's never been completely healthy in his playoff runs. The Celtics could have had problems with the Lakers in 2008 because Perkins left the game with that shoulder injury, but they ended winning that game. Then, he was injured again in 2010..
    Last edited by cteach111; 03-07-2011 at 01:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by StroShow4
    Kendrick Perkins isn't stopping Dwight Howard. No one is. Orlando will lose because they'll clank too many threes.
    Even with Dwight's improvement on offense, I can see Kendrick doing a great job on him.

Certified ISHiot.

Exactly. LA's offensive rebounding was a huge part of the reason they were even in the game. Who knows if they're able to get that many 2nd chance points with a healthy Kendrick.
    Kendrick Perkins isn't even a particularly good rebounder. Cs are a bad rebounding team with or without him.

Certified ISHiot.

Even with Dwight's improvement on offense, I can see Kendrick doing a great job on him.
    I guess you missed Dwight eating his lunch last time they played.
    Last edited by StroShow4; 03-07-2011 at 01:14 AM.