Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default NBA 2K13 'MY TEAM MODE' Discussion

2K's version of EA's Ultimate Team is titled 'My Team Mode' in 2K13.

Talk about building your team up, look for help and suggestions, maybe make some trades with fellow ISH'ers, or organise some online games.

Default Re: NBA 2K13 'MY TEAM MODE' Discussion

What the hell is this?

Apparently I'm the Kings/Raptors.

With Monty Williams as the coach. Meh.
    Pacers Arena. Terrible.
    Bucks playbook. Who cares.

Anyway, given players were...
    PG: Norris Cole - Cory Joseph - Andrew Goudlock - Royal Ivey
    SG: Tony Allen - John Jenkins - Daequan Cook - Matt Carroll
    SF: Travis Outlaw - Luke Walton
    PF: Jonas Jerebko
    C: Enes Kanter

So yeah. I guess Kanter, Jenkins, and Allen are decent. Although I hate Allen in this game because his defense doesn't show as much in a video game.

Running with Cole - Jenkins - Allen - Outlaw - Kanter as the starters.

Also the ugly ass Kings home jerseys and it says classic away Raptors for away. I don't know, they look like the current ones to me.

I don't know what to do. Played the rookie challenge mode in the My Team mode and the other team had Rondo, Michael Cooper, Larry Bird, Bill Russell... With GP and Chandler off the bench,

A little guidance would help before you enter this mode.

They are trying to replicate EA's Ultimate Team mode, because it makes EA billions of dollars.

The problem is, it doesn't translate well to the NBA, as their are not nearly as many players, leagues, formations, etc.

It looks like this is their beta version, where instead of having a live market, you can only buy players from the game for fixed prices. Eventually, maybe next year or with DLC, they will allow you to buy Virtual Currency with real money, and use it to buy packs of Player Cards to build your roster. My guess is they are still creating/preparing the transactions system.

Like I said earlier, it doesn't translate well to Baksetball IMO. I'll stick with FIFA for my Ultimate Team fix, MyPlayer and Association for NBA2K.

Gooner | Heat Nation EnoughSaid's Avatar

Looked cool in the developer insights, and I'll definitely try it out.

I haven't played Madden since 2010 and Fifa since 2011. Don't remember it.

Played some dude online and he had no idea what to do without a star. He was using Wesley Johnson like LeBron... Needless to say, I whopped his ass.

Mode seems not properly planned though. Still don't know what I'm exactly supposed to do. Probably not going to play it again. Wish it would have told me that it costs points to first play the mode. I would have saved that shit for My Player.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

they should have worked on association instead of this...

I'm still not real sure what I'm doing but I just started a My Team and payed an exhibition rookie game. Is road to the playoffs an online game, or what?

I'm a huge fan of the Ultimate Team mode when playing FIFA, but I really can't get into this on 2K. I agree with guys who say it doesn't really translate for Basketball games. To be fair, I've not given it much time, but nothing about it makes me want to play it yet.

Bump. I started playing it last week and enjoyed it for a few days. As I advanced in the seeding, I began encountering more and more people who bought their players, so there were teams like the following:

C- Dwight Howard
    PF- Blake Griffin
    SF- LeBron James
    SG- Kobe Bryant
    PG- Chris Paul

With a bunch of star players, like DWade, Brandon Jennings, Chris Bosh, Monta Ellis, etc., all on the bench.

Needless to say, it became unfair and ultimately boring to play. Only took 3-4 days to go from great to "don't-feel-like-touching-this-again."

And to make matters worse, whenever I'd encounter one of these guys with super teams and I actually started winning, by the 4th quarter, they'd pull b.s. like pausing the game and waiting until the final second before they're forced to forfeit before un-pausing the game, calling numerous 60 second timeouts with just a couple minutes left in the game with me obviously about to pull a W, and there was one bitch who kept pausing the game and playing replays over and over again because he knew my 20 point lead in the 4th quarter with 1 minute to go was insurmountable.

Oh, and don't let me forget about all the frikkin' 3-pt chuckers. I played against one guy who did nothing but chuck 3's all game. He hit maybe 15 out of 47 throughout the game.

Local High School Star scott0326's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scholar
    Bump. I started playing it last week and enjoyed it for a few days. As I advanced in the seeding, I began encountering more and more people who bought their players, so there were teams like the following:

C- Dwight Howard
    PF- Blake Griffin
    SF- LeBron James
    SG- Kobe Bryant
    PG- Chris Paul

With a bunch of star players, like DWade, Brandon Jennings, Chris Bosh, Monta Ellis, etc., all on the bench.

Needless to say, it became unfair and ultimately boring to play. Only took 3-4 days to go from great to "don't-feel-like-touching-this-again."

And to make matters worse, whenever I'd encounter one of these guys with super teams and I actually started winning, by the 4th quarter, they'd pull b.s. like pausing the game and waiting until the final second before they're forced to forfeit before un-pausing the game, calling numerous 60 second timeouts with just a couple minutes left in the game with me obviously about to pull a W, and there was one bitch who kept pausing the game and playing replays over and over again because he knew my 20 point lead in the 4th quarter with 1 minute to go was insurmountable.

Oh, and don't let me forget about all the frikkin' 3-pt chuckers. I played against one guy who did nothing but chuck 3's all game. He hit maybe 15 out of 47 throughout the game.
    Yep, this about sums up the mode. I love playing dudes who run lineups of Jordan-Kobe-Lebron-Durant-Dwight with Melo, Bill Russell, CP3, etc off bench and still suck at the game and find ways to lose. The only reason these guys can keep the game close is by overall difference in players. I'm here lighting these scrubs up with Gary Neal, Steve Novak, Austin Rivers and etc, why they struggle to score with Jordan/Lebron/Kobe.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by Maniak
    they should have worked on association instead of this...
    such a good post.

if they keep this mode i will be beyond pissed

Russel Wilson = GOAT Johnny Jones's Avatar

Here's my starting line-up:

C- Javale McGee
    PF- Perry Jones
    SF- Gerald Green
    SG- Austin Rivers
    PG- Ron Harper

I dominate the paint. I think I average about 70 points a game with 55 of those points coming in the paint.

I started playing this mode again. My starting line-up is:

C- Enis Kanter
    PF- Kris Humphries
    SF- LeBron James
    SG- Jodie Meeks
    PG- Jeremy Lin

I saved a lot of VC in order to get LBJ & Lin. Currently in the 5th seed with 1 more win leading me to the 4th. I sometimes get frustrated with playing against guys with superstar rosters, but in most cases, even when I lose, I find pleasure and comfort in knowing they BARELY beat me even with their incredible line-up.

I beat one guy who had a roster with the exact following:
    Dwight Howard
    LeBron James
    Kevin Durant
    Dwyane Wade
    Steve Nash
    ---------
    Kobe Bryant
    Gerald Green
    Anthony Morrow
    Austin Rivers
    Paul George
    Dirk Nowitzki
    Carmelo Anthony

In that exact order^^^

I beat him 102 - 66.
    All he did was shoot 3's or midrange. He drove to the basket a handful of times and did get a few spectacular dunks on me, but that was about it. He didn't know how to defend in the post. I ended up with 25 PTs with Kris, 18 with Enis & 13 with Timofey Mozgov off the bench.
    He had no answer for my front court.

It might be sad but I take great pleasure in beating those types of players. For all I know, he could've been a little kid, but it was satisfying to beat his punk ass.

Keep it tight for me The-Legend-24's Avatar

I've been playing this for like a month, my starting lineup is:

PG: Austin Rivers
    SG: Jodie Meeks
    SF: Gerald Green
    PF: Steve Novak
    C: Timofey Mozgov/Gordon Hayward.

Everybody I've played against has Steve Novak on their team. Dude is a beast with the 3's in this mode. My last game I went 15-22 from 3 with him. People just leave him open all the time for some reason, shit is nuts.

Russel Wilson = GOAT Johnny Jones's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scholar
    I started playing this mode again. My starting line-up is:

C- Enis Kanter
    PF- Kris Humphries
    SF- LeBron James
    SG- Jodie Meeks
    PG- Jeremy Lin

I saved a lot of VC in order to get LBJ & Lin. Currently in the 5th seed with 1 more win leading me to the 4th. I sometimes get frustrated with playing against guys with superstar rosters, but in most cases, even when I lose, I find pleasure and comfort in knowing they BARELY beat me even with their incredible line-up.

I beat one guy who had a roster with the exact following:
    Dwight Howard
    LeBron James
    Kevin Durant
    Dwyane Wade
    Steve Nash
    ---------
    Kobe Bryant
    Gerald Green
    Anthony Morrow
    Austin Rivers
    Paul George
    Dirk Nowitzki
    Carmelo Anthony

In that exact order^^^

I beat him 102 - 66.
    All he did was shoot 3's or midrange. He drove to the basket a handful of times and did get a few spectacular dunks on me, but that was about it. He didn't know how to defend in the post. I ended up with 25 PTs with Kris, 18 with Enis & 13 with Timofey Mozgov off the bench.
    He had no answer for my front court.

It might be sad but I take great pleasure in beating those types of players. For all I know, he could've been a little kid, but it was satisfying to beat his punk ass.
    Funny- I beat a guy who chucked up 3s too.

His starting line-up was:

PG:Steph Curry
    SG: Harden
    SF: Gerald Green
    PF: Steve Novak
    C: Shaq

Final score was 73-35
    Last edited by Johnny Jones; 05-01-2013 at 10:26 AM.