Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    3-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: Wilt Chamberlain's tomahawk move on 6'9 Bob Petit

Quote Originally Posted by BlackJoker23
    lol. my 64 year old prof could do better. 64 year old prof>prime wilt
    I guess your 64 year old professor would just CRUSH TODAY's NBA then.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by senelcoolidge
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lv5Gr...eature=related

Wilt's head easily at rim level, blocking Oscar's shot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYWlBJQnYJw

An older Wilt still had hops and quickness. Even with a hurt hand easily goes around his man and jams it.
    Nice videos

Good High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by jlauber
    I guess your 64 year old professor would just CRUSH TODAY's NBA then.
    he would crush ur brain for sure

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Fatal9
    I refuse to believe you actually exist.
    I am really going to lose sleep over this.

Local High School Star

Wilt's move was definitely nice. But he was playing finesse, which was nice, but then again he could have been so much more powerful player.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by BlackJoker23
    lol. my 64 year old prof could do better. 64 year old prof>prime wilt
    BTW, just what class is he instructing you on? Coloring book class?

Quote Originally Posted by millwad
    This move proves how much greater moves Hakeem had than Wilt. The random move against a shorter PF is no where close the move you just posted a la Hakeem's dreamshake. The little fake Wilt did in that video was what Hakeem used to do in his sleep...
    Regardless of whether Hakeem had better moves (as if this means everything, as if anyone uses seriously this kind of argument when Hakeem gets compared to other big men with less moves, like Shaq or Kareem), this video is as much of a "proof" as it is a proof of Wilt having a higher vertical...

The ? to All Answers TheAesirsFinest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by millwad
    Great move, but Phila, shouldn't you by now with your google "knowledge" know that the guy's name was Bob Pettit. Did google fail you?
    Or it was a typo.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by senelcoolidge
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lv5Gr...eature=related

Wilt's head easily at rim level, blocking Oscar's shot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYWlBJQnYJw

An older Wilt still had hops and quickness. Even with a hurt hand easily goes around his man and jams it.
    Without getting involved in the Great Wilt Debate, I have to say those are solid clips. There was an All-Star game on NBA TV this summer (could have been that '69 game) where it featured a 30+ Wilt Chamberlain. I thought he may have been 34. Anyhow the manner and ease with which he was still able to spring to the rim and rail certainly got me and my brother's attention.

NBA rookie of the year

That was sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by bwink23
    Considering the times he was playing in....dunking with power and force would not have been a good thing for him in the 1960's....what kind of image would that create, a black man bullying white guys?? If he played today, u better believe he'd be looking to take someone's head off.
    Yeah. He would regularly break the backboard in his time.

Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by D-Wade316
    Yeah. He would regularly break the backboard in his time.
    So did many people, they didn't reinforce the backboards until Shaq was pulling down one constantly.

People that try and rank Wilt along with anyone that has significant tape on them are hilarious, both sides of this argument is epic fail.

Quote Originally Posted by Psileas
    This isn't about what Wilt could do. This is just basic logic. Wilt lost his personal opponent, then went for an easy lay-up. No need to push it further in order to dunk.
    That's just it, why is there so many footage of Wilt playing like that? What about those claims of his legendary athletic ability? Oh wait, it must be because it was all exaggerated and that Wilt was an exceptional athlete in his own right but not really out of this world as people claim. Check under your bed, the boogeyman might be underneath........

I brick nerf balls La Frescobaldi's Avatar

Yeah the old guys that remember Chamberlain on the court mostly don't post at all.
    I remember lots of little stuff... Chamberlain detested guys that got into fights during the game. Well there's lots of quotes out there, Lifting Paul Silas up out of a pile and telling him "we'll have no more of that" and Silas saying "yes, sir."
    Or Bob Lanier filling out questionnaire, tell us the moment that impressed u the most in the NBA "when Wilt Chamberlain picked me up and moved me like a cup of coffee to get position."
    Well this was on tv. Wilt was a Laker, and Walt Hazzard got in a fight with somebody, I don't remember who. So it was like high school, guys in a huddle around em, you know. Right at the free throw line. And just like the principal shows up, Chamberlain THREW Happy Hairston to one side darn near to the bench, shoved a referee out of the way, and grabbed those two guys one by each bicep. And he just frog-walked both of them down the court, their shoulder up around their ear... And he stood under the far basket lookin at those guys til they cooled down!!!
    Now on the other hand, Chamberlain would also warn guys off from the paint. If you ever heard him, he had a real deep voice and it could carry seemed like all over the arena. Well the Lakers were down to Chicago maybe 3 or 4 points and it was getting tense, Bob Love tries a layup clean block... Next time down he tried again, clean block. Wilt says "Love, don't come in here no more" and you could hear him in the nosebleeds.
    Well next time down there he goes, old Bob Love was good too... clean block right down Love's throat. Looked like he got hit by a truck the way his head snapped back and there was 2 minute timeout.
    Well the whole place was buzzin you can bet... But those Bulls were passin to Jerry Sloan in the corner after that!!

Chamberlain detested guys that got into fights during the game.