Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default How the hell did Barnes get a max deal?

I don't get it.

Default Re: How the hell did Barnes get a max deal?

Cuban is a dumbass

My understanding was that Barnes was a great players with a lot of potential, but Curry, Thompson and Green was the scorers and playmakers in Golden State. Barnes never really got a chance and became the 4th option on that team for good reasons, he is only 23 years old and Curry, Thompson and Green are better options. He plays solid and does not try to do more then he can. He get a lot of hate for how he played in the finals and playoffs, but honestly, how many young star players has not failed during the playoffs?

The Mavs signed a 23 year old with a lot potential and playoff experience. The alternative was a injured prone Chandler Parsons for at least the same price.

Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

he's a superstar in the making

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

The Curry Effect

Still young (24 yrs), unknown ceiling/untapped potential, coachable, Playoffs/Championship experience, Athletic, No health concerns. Need any other reason?

I rule the local playground

Of all the crazy contracts that got signed, Barnes is the one that sticks out to you as odd? Really?!?

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker
    Still young (24 yrs), unknown ceiling/untapped potential, coachable, Playoffs/Championship experience, Athletic, No health concerns. Need any other reason?
    Yeah. Actually producing at least near all-star level or at least showing a growth curve that makes him a highly probable future all star (like Kawhi did during '14 Finals).

He's not anywhere near either of those criteria.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

It really feels like people arent getting the concept of the salary floor....

Cap is 94 million with the new tv money. Up from 70. So the floor is over 80. About 83 I think. The Mavs as of now...have 38 million in contracts for 2016/17. They have to sign Barnes, Dirk, and Deron....to hit 80...or they pay the guys already on the roster the 80 anyway. End of the year.....they would have to kick out a bonus to all players to get them to the 80 something million. And next year....the floor will be over 90. That again...is the FLOOR. The LEAST you can spend. Teams that want to win will be spending closer to the most....and the luxury tax number is 114. Soon to be 120+.

To stay in the running you will have to spend 100+ million a year. To do that...you either have more stars....or you pay good players more than they are worth in the old system. By percentage of the cap....under the old number? Barnes would be on a 4 year 67 million dollar deal.

Still a lot....but not as eye caching as 95-100 million.

Knowing they have to pay the same money even if its just to guys already on the roster is why so much money is being spent. And that shit is gonna keep going up.

In 8 years when the TV deal is done again.....guys like Barnes might be getting 5 year 170 million dollar deals.

Better hope cord cutting and illegal streaming really take a chunk of TV ratings if you dont wanna watch the ESPN special when KAT and Wiggins sign for a quarter billion each in 2024.

Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker
    Yes, having a few fantastic games would help. He had 0 all star games in the PO.

Quote Originally Posted by hold this L
    Yes, having a few fantastic games would help. He had 0 all star games in the PO.
    Oh, let's discredit his whole career based on those games.

Because Mark Cuban is thirsty as f[COLOR="Black"]u[/COLOR]ck is how he got that.

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    Because Mark Cuban is thirsty as f[COLOR="Black"]u[/COLOR]ck is how he got that.
    Meticode AGAIN with the moronic posts.

With all the other signings, Barnes signing is 'thirsty'? Just turned 24, still has lots of potential, and clearly had an incredibly low usage because of how stacked the team was.

Why not go for the risk? Its not like he signed a 31 year old with injury history a max. Or even Chandler ****ing Parsons. Just because he had a bad finals? gtfoh

Like damn, I've read so many of your posts over the years and they are all retarded. 33k posts of garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Cone
    Meticode AGAIN with the moronic posts.

With all the other signings, Barnes signing is 'thirsty'? Just turned 24, still has lots of potential, and clearly had an incredibly low usage because of how stacked the team was.

Why not go for the risk? Its not like he signed a 31 year old with injury history a max. Or even Chandler ****ing Parsons. Just because he had a bad finals? gtfoh

Like damn, I've read so many of your posts over the years and they are all retarded. 33k posts of garbage
    Thank you. I appreciate your honesty.

Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

every1 is massively underrating the black falcon!!!