Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-28-2012, 11:23 PM   #16
StateOfMind12
Banned

StateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: The Greatest Hustle Play of T-Mac's career

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
this is mcgradys career in a nutshell
Yep, I laugh when people say Tmac was better than Kobe. Tmac was never better than Kobe in any season. Every season Kobe was better than Tmac since they've been in the league, so let alone their primes and peaks.
StateOfMind12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 11:27 PM   #17
HardwoodLegend
The Magical T-Mac

HardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected posterHardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected posterHardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
when i think of kobe vs tmac. i think of this game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugkFcXpRan4#t=4m22s

Kobe had the luxury of literally walking through the first 3 quarters and surfing on the wave of Shaq's dominance as the Lakers were kept within striking distance.

T-Mac had to go all-out start to finish for the Magic to even have a chance. Kobe's legs were so much fresher at the end of the game for the late surge. Great defensive coaching in that game.

I gotta give Kobe props for that block on the 3-pointer though. That was a tight play.
HardwoodLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 11:28 PM   #18
HardwoodLegend
The Magical T-Mac

HardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected posterHardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected posterHardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateOfMind12
Yep, I laugh when people say Tmac was better than Kobe. Tmac was never better than Kobe in any season. Every season Kobe was better than Tmac since they've been in the league, so let alone their primes and peaks.

False.
Old 08-28-2012, 11:33 PM   #19
fsvr54
National High School Star

fsvr54 is considered somewhat coolfsvr54 is considered somewhat cool

I will never forget 13 points in 35 seconds, most clutch performance of all time. Still the greatest thing I have ever witnessed in basketball.
fsvr54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 11:37 PM   #20
HardwoodLegend
The Magical T-Mac

LOL @ "The Toronto Game" being T-Mac's career in a nutshell.

Clearly an agenda-driven comment. Yeah, let's go ahead and judge his career based on actions motivated by serious ailments that hampered every game of his 2009 season.
Old 08-28-2012, 11:41 PM   #21
MrWarrior
I brick open layups

MrWarrior has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardwoodLegend
False.

Any evidence on how so ?
MrWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 11:57 PM   #22
HardwoodLegend
The Magical T-Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWarrior
Any evidence on how so ?

Naw man, sorry. I'm just going off of Bill Walton's comment in 2003 when he said he preferred T-Mac. It struck a chord with me.

I wish T-Mac had gone to a good team with a good coach early in his career like Kobe though. If he got his mind right and kept his body healthy, I think he had all the tools to be the best of that generation.
Old 08-29-2012, 12:02 AM   #23
HardwoodLegend
The Magical T-Mac

Deadddd @ Walton's comment after T-Mac dunked on Keith Van Horn

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y54eZ6WVkzo

I think he could have chosen a better moment than that though.
Old 08-29-2012, 07:58 AM   #24
ikoiko
Local High School Star

ikoiko has decent reputationikoiko has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardwoodLegend
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rxdSBgXJEQ

F*ck, why didn't he put forth this kind of effort all the time?

GOAT potential.

what an idiot. he had two guys open under the basket and chose to do a twirling difficult shot instead?
ikoiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 11:22 AM   #25
HardwoodLegend
The Magical T-Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikoiko
what an idiot. he had two guys open under the basket and chose to do a twirling difficult shot instead?

@ you questioning T-Mac's basketball IQ and level of unselfishness despite being on a poor roster
Old 08-29-2012, 12:17 PM   #26
Pointguard
NBA rookie of the year

Pointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

During TMac's prime these two played each other incredibly even in terms of points. I find this as weird, the equal scoring as the Tim Duncan/KG matchup (tho those two were getting equals in nearly every category tho). Both getting about 38 points on a couple of ocassions. But these matchups never seemed like the Lebron vs Wade or Lebron vs anybody for some reason? Were they not played up because they didn't guard each other? I forgot and can't remember any of the big games these two had.

Kobe Bryant..........11/27/2002......... .L..... 38
Tracy McGrady......11/27/2002..........W..... 38
Kobe Bryant..........12/15/2002..........W..... 21
Tracy McGrady......12/15/2002..........L..... 21
Kobe Bryant..........3/15/2004...........W..... 38
Tracy McGrady......3/15/2004............L..... 37
Kobe Bryant..........1/7/2005.............W..... 27
Tracy McGrady......1/7/2005..............L....26
Kobe Bryant..........4/7/2005.............L..... 19
Tracy McGrady......4/7/2005..............W....27
Pointguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 12:38 AM   #27
HardwoodLegend
The Magical T-Mac

Kobe would usually be switched over to guarding T-Mac late in the game.

Orlando needed T-Mac to conserve his energy for their offense, so trying to guard Kobe wouldn't have been the wisest strategy.

I don't know why their head-to-head matchups weren't hyped as much, but I found their shootouts to be the most entertaining. Both have similar athleticism and that ability to shoot daggers that some of Kobe's other head-to-head rivals lack.
Old 08-30-2012, 12:54 AM   #28
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterL.Kizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterL.Kizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterL.Kizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterL.Kizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterL.Kizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterL.Kizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterL.Kizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterL.Kizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
when i think of kobe vs tmac. i think of this game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugkFcXpRan4#t=4m22s
I remember Mac hit a shot like right after the buzzer that would have won the game.
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: