Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Default Re: Shaq: "I wouldn't join the Lakers... I want to compete"

Quote Originally Posted by Bosnian Sajo
    Do you actually believe that?
    Asking a serious question. I know I wouldn't want either on my team let alone both!

According to Superduperdumb, superstars are available for 3.5 million a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
    Asking a serious question. I know I wouldn't want either on my team let alone both!

Depends on the context of your teams situation.

Mcgee is a nice piece, he gets a bad rap for his Wizards days, but he proved to be a nice piece for the Warriors back2back titles and he played well last year for the Lakers. I'd go as far as saying he's one of the better backup centers.

Cousins, I understand where you are coming from. I was in the exact same boat as you are, but having lost out on Kawhi and not left with very many options, I'm glad we picked him up. He's on a small contract so in case he causes issues, we can easily remove him. However, and more likely considering he is now allegedly 100% healthy and on a team with AD and Lebron, he could play like an all star again in which case our center combo shoot up to the top of the charts.

Mcgee is a nice piece, he gets a bad rap for his Wizards days, but he proved to be a nice piece for the Warriors back2back titles and he played well last year for the Lakers. I'd go as far as saying he's one of the better backup centers.

Cousins, I understand where you are coming from. I was in the exact same boat as you are, but having lost out on Kawhi and not left with very many options, I'm glad we picked him up. He's on a small contract so in case he causes issues, we can easily remove him. However, and more likely considering he is now allegedly 100% healthy and on a team with AD and Lebron, he could play like an all star again in which case our center combo shoot up to the top of the charts.
    Cousins as an all-star lost lots of games and didn't play any D nor efficiently. Good luck with that! Guarantee ever team will isolate him in the pick and roll

Cousins will take away from AD and LeBron. You’ll see. Guarantee you he and Rondo hurt the team. Unless he just plays as a backup to McGee.

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
    Cousins as an all-star lost lots of games and didn't play any D nor efficiently. Good luck with that! Guarantee ever team will isolate him in the pick and roll

Look man, you can find 100's of posts from me bashing Cousins about being a career loser and a modern day SAR, I'm fully aware of what you're saying.

Good luck with that! I'm peppy!

Regardless was he losing games, he was individually playing well. This much is true. He has proven that he cannot be the main piece on a team and win games....but 3rd/4th option? He proved to be decent for the Warriors. Didn't make any problems with the team, and did what was asked up until the quad injury. Seeing as he is 100% healthy now, lost weight, and has had a full year to come back from the achilles tear, I believe he is of value for our team.

TL/DR; I'd rather have Cousins at center than any other center that was left available at the time of Kawhi deciding on the Clippers.

[QUOTE=RRR3]Cousins will take away from AD and LeBron. You

Do you forget that Rondo played with us last year? Why would Lebron be cool with bringing him back if he was hurting the team...you'd think if a player caused the team to play worse, a player with as much say as Lebron has would speak up to management and let them know not to bring back said player.

Quote Originally Posted by Kidbasketball20
    via Jimmy Kimmel

"I'm from the era where I want to compete.. and teach them to beat the super teams"

Not like trash LeBitch James
    u realizing he's refering to the lakers with lebron, not the lakers lebron joined? lel

He'd join the Clippers.

Hilarious coming from Shaq... He forced trades to teams that already had superstars and ring chased late in his career. He picked Miami, he picked the Suns, he picked the Cavs, he picked the Celtics, all had superstars for him to team up with. Don't say "he was traded", he got to pick where he was traded to everytime becuz he would throw a hissy fit if they didn't send him where he wanted to go.

He played with

Kobe
    D-Wade
    LeBron
    Nash
    Amare
    Pierce
    KG

He absolutely would have joined a superteam, especially if he played in today's p*ssy climate where every player is trying to do it.

Yeah Shaq is a ring chasing loser we knew this already. We can't blame him though, not everyone can win legit rings with absolute scrub teammates like Kobe/MJ/Hakeem/Dirk

Look man, you can find 100's of posts from me bashing Cousins about being a career loser and a modern day SAR, I'm fully aware of what you're saying.

Good luck with that! I'm peppy!

Regardless was he losing games, he was individually playing well. This much is true. He has proven that he cannot be the main piece on a team and win games....but 3rd/4th option? He proved to be decent for the Warriors. Didn't make any problems with the team, and did what was asked up until the quad injury. Seeing as he is 100% healthy now, lost weight, and has had a full year to come back from the achilles tear, I believe he is of value for our team.

TL/DR; I'd rather have Cousins at center than any other center that was left available at the time of Kawhi deciding on the Clippers.
    Putting up empty stats while being a negative on D and inefficient on offense isn't playing well but that's just me

Quote Originally Posted by RIP CITY
    Hilarious coming from Shaq... He forced trades to teams that already had superstars and ring chased late in his career. He picked Miami, he picked the Suns, he picked the Cavs, he picked the Celtics, all had superstars for him to team up with. Don't say "he was traded", he got to pick where he was traded to everytime becuz he would throw a hissy fit if they didn't send him where he wanted to go.

He played with

Kobe
    D-Wade
    LeBron
    Nash
    Amare
    Pierce
    KG

He absolutely would have joined a superteam, especially if he played in today's p*ssy climate where every player is trying to do it.

Shaq signed to LA. Kobe was 18. Far from a superstar. What are you saying?

Jeremy Lin beat you Kidbasketball20's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    u realizing he's refering to the lakers with lebron, not the lakers lebron joined? lel
    LeBitch pleaded and cried to Kawhi for him to join a team ALREADY with AD and LBJ. And instead of taking the alpha role, he begged AD and his bitch Rich Paul to join him.