Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Has Billy King taken the title from Isiah Thomas as worst GM of all time?

Not yet. He still has a WAYS to go.

Default Re: Has Billy King taken the title from Isiah Thomas as worst GM of all time?

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    Im from NJ and have always rooted for the Nets my whole life.. been to 10+ games NBA games all Nets. I even have an autographed Vince Carter playball from when I was a little kid lol. But Ive been rooting for LA in the playoffs the last few years mainly because of this forum. There's two sides- Lakers and Lebron and I chose Lakers.

I think the Snoop in Lakers gear avatar threw me off lol

Original ISH CLTHornet CLTHornets4eva's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    Nets actually made a great trade AND wormed out of having to give up Marshon Brooks. Not sure what you guys are bitching about. Even without Howard a squad of...

D Will
    JJ
    Wallace
    Humphries
    Lopez

6th man: Brooks

is formidable.
    4 Seed tops for the next 4 years... You are the new Hawks. Enjoy mediocrity until you rebuild again in 3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    Exactly.. we went from being in the gutter possibly losing everyone to having a team that will compete out on the floor. Cant wait to see NY-NJ games next season
    I agree. Nets will be respectable this season if Deron resigns. I might even go see them play if the tickets aren't too expensive.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CLTHornets4eva
    4 Seed tops for the next 4 years... You are the new Hawks. Enjoy mediocrity until you rebuild again in 3 years.
    Never know dude. Nobody is saying they have title aspirations but they have great cap flexibility with JJ even. They can still add more and keep improving.

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    I agree. Nets will be respectable this season if Deron resigns. I might even go see them play if the tickets aren't too expensive.
    Disguise yourself as Sasha Vujacic and see if you can make the team

Traded away Derrick Favors, draft pick that became Enes Kanter, draft pick that became Damian Lillard, Anthony Morrow, DeShawn Stevenson, and another first round pick.

Just horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    Nets actually made a great trade AND wormed out of having to give up Marshon Brooks. Not sure what you guys are bitching about. Even without Howard a squad of...

D Will
    JJ
    Wallace
    Humphries
    Lopez

6th man: Brooks

is formidable.
    Without Howard there is no D-Will.

I honestly think this move pushes him to Dallas.

He just acquired the worst contract in the NBA.

Billy King has no clue what he's doing as a GM and he proved that with the handling of AI's finals years in Philly. The one thing Billy King never had was an owner to sign off on Free Agent signings unlike Isiah had with Dolan.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CLTHornets4eva
    Well Orlando's gonna suck next year.. NJ should be better than Atlanta next year.. Bulls will be hurting w/o Rose all year. I made a thread about this a while ago. The East is going to suck. It's Boston, Miami, and maybe NY as contenders. So Brooklyn, if they fullfil their potential will have a chance to just be competitive.. which is all anyone can ask for especially with how bad the Nets have been the past few years and how grim things looked up to the draft.

If Deron Williams stays, the Nets will look like this:

Deron Williams
    Joe Johnson
    Gerald Wallace
    ...a power forward...
    Brook Lopez

MarShon Brooks off the bench, possibly Jason Kidd as well. The Nets don't give a sh*t about the money, Prokhorov is loaded. From a purely basketball perspective, that's a good team.

they made ok moves. i mean they didnt get eddy curry and steve francis or anythng like that

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rowe

Billy King has no clue what he's doing as a GM and he proved that with the handling of AI's finals years in Philly. The one thing Billy King never had was an owner to sign off on Free Agent signings unlike Isiah had with Dolan.
    Deron is staying in NJ IMO. Most rumblings are that he's staying and after a 5 minute meeting with Dallas I wouldn't be worried as a Nets fan. I'd rather stay move to Brooklyn in a new arena... with better fanbase and have a younger team with nice pieces than join the aging Mavs and play with 33 or 34 year old Dirk. It's a no brainer in my eyes. Howard won't re-sign with Mavs according to newest reports.

Quote Originally Posted by Rowe

At this point, the Nets don't sneeze without asking DWill if it's OK. They never would've made the deal if Deron Williams wasn't all for it.

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

Isiah wins.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkfan
    Traded away Derrick Favors, draft pick that became Enes Kanter, draft pick that became Damian Lillard, Anthony Morrow, DeShawn Stevenson, and another first round pick.

Just horrible.
    Prokorov has no clue about basketball.

He just cuts the checks for Billy King to make shortsighted moves with no purpose. The Gerald Wallace deal was without question one of the dumbest moves in the last decade. A declining, unhappy player being dealt for a Top 3 protected pick made no sense.