Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Russell Westbrook vs. Dwyane Wade

Who do you guys think is currently the better overall player between these two?

I'm going with Westbrook here but I'm curious to see what others think and what their reasonings are.

Default Re: Russell Westbrook vs. Dwyane Wade

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

I'm going to assume that he had an injury that will be dealt with in the offseason and choose Wade. Wade is a little bigger, Westbrook is a little more explosive, and right now I see them both as slightly undersized SGs. The major difference is bball IQ. ade would probably do a better job at playing point than we see from Westbrook right now, as great of a scorer as Westbrook can be he clearly struggles with having to make the right decision playing with a better scorer than himself. He's still a great player and I'd take him on my team but he's a few seasons from becoming the best player he can be. Plus Westbrook's strength, scoring, is an area where Wade is better when 100%. So again, based on the assumption we see his knee healthy next season I'll take Wade.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    Plus Westbrook's strength, scoring, is an area where Wade is better when 100%. So again, based on the assumption we see his knee healthy next season I'll take Wade.
    How often is Wade a 100% though? It is almost never. Wade is just not durable whereas Westbrook has never missed a game in his basketball career from high school to the NBA, he has played in every single game he could possibly play, Iron man-lite. I've never understood why people always shrug off durability and talk about this when 100% or when healthy thing. Durability is important and it matters and it is part of the game.

Wades better in every possible way

Quote Originally Posted by Ikill
    Wades better in every possible way
    No he's not.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialQue
    No he's not.
    Wades better he's more efficient and a better defender if he was healthy and playing like his 2011 self it wouldn't even be close

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StateOfMind12
    How often is Wade a 100% though? It is almost never. Wade is just not durable whereas Westbrook has never missed a game in his basketball career from high school to the NBA, he has played in every single game he could possibly play, Iron man-lite. I've never understood why people always shrug off durability and talk about this when 100% or when healthy thing. Durability is important and it matters and it is part of the game.
    It does matter which is why my post is based on the assumption of health. If Wade has another season where he's missing 30 games then sure, you take Westbrook easy. But with that said any player could land wrong on a play and tear his ACL. Look at Derrick Rose, just this time last year he'd be considered durable. One rough year can change everything, and everyone is flesh and bone.

Warriors Til I Die LT Ice Cream's Avatar

I can't exactly say which one is better, but I'd rather have Wade in the clutch!

Anyways its pretty close with this current version Wade is little bit better than Westbrook IMO. If Wades healthy next year its easily Wade

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    I'm going to assume that he had an injury that will be dealt with in the offseason and choose Wade. Wade is a little bigger, Westbrook is a little more explosive, and right now I see them both as slightly undersized SGs. The major difference is bball IQ. ade would probably do a better job at playing point than we see from Westbrook right now, as great of a scorer as Westbrook can be he clearly struggles with having to make the right decision playing with a better scorer than himself. He's still a great player and I'd take him on my team but he's a few seasons from becoming the best player he can be. Plus Westbrook's strength, scoring, is an area where Wade is better when 100%. So again, based on the assumption we see his knee healthy next season I'll take Wade.
    id agree with all this, except the part of wade getting back to 100% next year, and because of that, id take westbrook

Banned

last year Wade, this year, clearly Westbrook.

U mirin my face?

Quote Originally Posted by LT Ice Cream
    I can't exactly say which one is better, but I'd rather have Wade in the clutch!
    Westbrook is actually very clutch while Wade hasn't been clutch since 2006. I don't know why Wade still has this "clutch" label to be honest because he hasn't really proved it in a while.

U mirin my face?

Quote Originally Posted by Ikill
    Wades better he's more efficient and a better defender if he was healthy and playing like his 2011 self it wouldn't even be close
    If you want to use this hypothetical, can't you use the hypothetical if Westbrook played smart and knew how to make the right decisions he would be better than Wade and it wouldn't even be close? I mean, they're both hypotheticals.

im a superhero

Quote Originally Posted by WockaVodka
    Westbrook is actually very clutch while Wade hasn't been clutch since 2006. I don't know why Wade still has this "clutch" label to be honest because he hasn't really proved it in a while.
    wade was equal with game winners this year in the regular season. maybe thats why?