Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: XBLA/PSN Games

NBA lottery pick

Default XBLA/PSN/WiiWare Games

So lately I've been getting into a lot of the games on Xbox live arcade, figured there should be a general thread. If you have any recommendations please post them.

Limbo

Gameplay
    Cool little puzzle/platformer with a very interesting visual style.

Super Meat Boy

Gameplay
    Another Platformer. Very tight controls and fast gameplay. Hard as **** though. Levels can last from 5 seconds to 40, and you have to complete it all in one shot. There are no lives though, and you spawn back in immediately after dying, so there isn't much of a penalty for dying. Still playing through this one, it's addictive, but it burns me out if I play too long.

Costume Quest
    Gameplay

Very interesting RPG from Doublefine (developer behind Psyconauts, Brutal Legend). Involves kids trick or treating on halloween, and beating up candy stealing monsters. It's a fairly easy game, but it was a lot of fun none the less.

Insanely twisted Shadow Planet
    Gameplay

Another game with a unique art style. Very Metroid like as far as how the map is set up, and needing upgrades to access new areas. Not a real long game, but I had fun with it.

Bastion

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZAuKkv4eZE
    Amazing game. It has a real cool narration that changes based on what your doing. The combat stuff is great, and there are a lot of different weapon combinations to play around with. Great soundtrack too.

War of the Worlds

Gameplay
    Currently playing through it. Not a real big fan so far. It usually looks nice, although it's tends to be a bit too dark. The rotoscoping stuff just makes for akward platforming and I was never a big fan of it. The narration is done by Patrick Stewart though which is kinda cool, he does a good job.
    Last edited by Kungfro; 12-15-2011 at 05:10 PM.

Default Re: XBLA/PSN Games

Trials hd - ive spent countless hours on this game. its so challenging yet addictive.

Castle Crashers - havent played this game in years but had so much with it when it first came out. good ol' fashion beat 'em up.

Outland - bad ass action platformer. loved the visuals and theme, gameplay reminds me of old school metroid/castlevania.

*i think trials hd is only for xbox live

Dont H8 the Laker H8er glidedrxlr22's Avatar

Got Crysis on the PSN. I passed Crysis 2 earlier this year. Crysis looks good for a 4 year old game. Most of the same concepts are in both games. Feels a little more difficult in part 1 to aim. The story seems more dynamic in part 2, but still Crysis has been worth the $20.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Bucket_Nakedz
    Castle Crashers - havent played this game in years but had so much with it when it first came out. good ol' fashion beat 'em up.
    Yea castle crashers was great, it's especially fun if your playing with other people. I had most of the characters unlocked, even alien hominid.

Do you get achievements for these games?

Dont H8 the Laker H8er glidedrxlr22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Yes on achievements and trophies.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Yea, seems like 200 or 250 for stuff on XBLA. I never used to care about the achievements, but I find myself going for them more lately. Still don't have that great a gamerscore though.
    http://www.giantbomb.com/profile/kan...s/?&sid=119521

NBA lottery pick

Joe Danger just came out on XBLA, after being a PSN exclusive originally. Thinking of picking it up, has anyone else played this?

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Bought Limbo on Steam when it was on sale. Great little game. Waiting for Bastion to get cheaper or to appear on PSN.

NBA lottery pick

So Journey is coming out tomorrow on PSN, anyone else getting it?

Giantbomb Quick Look
    GT review

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Kungfro
    So Journey is coming out tomorrow on PSN, anyone else getting it?

Giantbomb Quick Look
    GT review
    Finally sat down and gave this a play through. Really cool game. What really surprised me was how the multiplayer component really effected how the game felt. It is fairly short though, 15 dollars may be pushing it as far as value. Still worth checking out, I'd recommend it.

NBA lottery pick

Fez is coming out to XBLA on Friday. For anyone that isn't familier with this one, it's been in the works for a long time. It's also featured quite heavily in Indie Game: The Movie.

Quick Look
    Last edited by Kungfro; 04-12-2012 at 03:05 AM.

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

I strongly recommend both Pixeljunk Shooters.

They have old school control and style, with a really nice little physics based puzzling element. They're on the short list of my favorite games ever actually.

NBA lottery pick

Trials Evolution out today, XBLA exclusive.

Quick Look: Trials Evolution

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Kungfro
    Fez is coming out to XBLA on Friday. For anyone that isn't familier with this one, it's been in the works for a long time. It's also featured quite heavily in Indie Game: The Movie.

Quick Look
    Still haven't finished fez, but I'm pretty far into it. Some of the puzzles are crazy, I can't remember the last time I needed to write stuff down with a pen and paper. I did have to look online for some of them, specifically the red cubes. There's also one last puzzle involving a black monolith that hasn't been solved yet.