Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: How cowardly was it when Barkley held Bird while Dr. J punched him repeatedly?

Quote Originally Posted by Showtime80'
    Another example in why today's league blows, that was an 80's preseason game with more bad blood and intensity than ANY of last year's finals games! Tell me modern NBA crowd, what happened to the true rivalries? Did the zones make that more difficult too!
    Even though it has been said a billion times before; If I wanted to see a fight, i'd watch Boxing or UFC. Not Basketball.

Default Re: How cowardly was it when Barkley held Bird while Dr. J punched him repeatedly?

No such thing as a fair fight

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by KevinNYC
    Perhaps Bird shouldn't have been trolling Dr. J?
    These patrolling trolls here... could make Dr J look like a hero.

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by stalkerforlife
    On a scale from 1-10? I say infinity.

If two whites were to attack a black man in such a scenario, it'd be labeled a hate crime and they'd be suspended for 25 games.

If you haven't seen it, you must. Barkley jumps on Bird's back, cowardly, puts him in a headlock and Dr. J pounds Bird's face.

I lost a LOT of respect for Barkley and Dr. J after seeing that. Those two COWARDS are chokers and losers.

Barkley was just trying to break up the fight and has talked about it before and said he never tried to break up a fight again because of it, and you can't really blame Dr J as Bird took the first punch.

The one who was really out of control and trying to hurt Bird was Malone. Its amazing nobody talks about that when it comes to this fight. Malone and Billy C both needed their asses beat over this. Not sure why the Celtics didn't put in a goon to take a cheap shot at Malone because he had it coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Harison
    It was the most pathetic moment connected to basketball I have seen in my life. I lost respect not only for Dr.J and Barkley, M.Malone was holding Bird too (if my memory serves right).
    If that was the worst you have seen then you were not around for this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XM3HlE9yPPs

It seems like there is something in common between the 2 videos but I can't put my finger on it,,Anyone? It was weird, certan player from Ohio State didn't get attacked and certain players from Minnesota didn't attack anyone. Weird.

You will really get fired up when you read about the aftermath. Because of the fight ( assault ) Minnesota won their conference. A couple a years ago they actually honored this team and their conference title at a Minnesota game..Amazing.

By the way did anyone see the I hate Christian Laettner special..There was a fight during his high school title game and seemed to look similar to these videos I just can't put my finger on it..Anyone?
    Last edited by stanlove1111; 03-25-2015 at 12:40 AM.

Decent college freshman theaussieguy's Avatar

why the PHUCKING PHUCK WOULD U NOT POST A PHUCKING LINK TO THE PHUCKING VIDEO YOU PHUCKING SH!T TIER PHUCKING POSTER, PHUCKK!!!!!

Book 'em Dan'l

Quote Originally Posted by KevinNYC
    Also Moses Malone continues to get no respect on this board.
    i agree. Dr. J would have never won the championship if the Sixers didn't pick up Moses. Without Moses, Dr. J would have been another guy who puts up highlights and stats, but no rings.

bird probably called em racist names lol

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by leopoldstotch
    i agree. Dr. J would have never won the championship if the Sixers didn't pick up Moses. Without Moses, Dr. J would have been another guy who puts up highlights and stats, but no rings.

I agree with sixers don't win without Moses Malone. That is insanely obvious.

The second part isn't true. Dr J already won 2 rings in the ABA. His 1976 championship was one of the most dominant performances in basketball history. He single handedly destroyed the Nuggets who were the best team in the league at the time. He averaged 37 / 14 / 5 in the finals while playing great defense. 1976 season he led his team in Points, Rebounds, Assists, Steals, and Blocks.

Here it is if you haven't seen it:

https://youtu.be/u4oF34p3-rQ?t=1m16s

Unfortunately, the camera doesn't get all of it.
    Last edited by Marchesk; 03-25-2015 at 01:59 AM.

Long Live The Process fourkicks44's Avatar

What led to it?...

Bird even precipitated a fight with Julius Erving by repeating a single phrase over and over. The phrase? 42-5, or the number of points each had scored during an easy Boston victory.
    Bird saying it was 38-6...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Rg1sFMxnbM&t=4m12s

Quote Originally Posted by SHAQisGOAT
    What led to it?...

Danny Ainge said that Bird was also telling Dr J it was time to retire. Also one of the refs had broken his leg earlier in the game, so there's only one ref at the time this happened.

Doesn't seem to be much hard feelings afterwards. Dr J. had this to say about Bird for a tribute.
    https://youtu.be/1Rg1sFMxnbM?t=134

Check out this clip I just saw.. Larry Bird deliberately showing Red Auerbach bad shooting form still hits nothing but net.
    https://youtu.be/tporD7Cef7Q?t=16

Quote Originally Posted by SHAQisGOAT
    What led to it?...

Bird has said he wasn't the one saying it, he said Maxwell or Carr were the ones.

Free the banned users. stalkerforlife's Avatar

Bird owned the life out of Dr. J.

Wow.

Best troll ever.