Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: The only people who think kobe > bran are...

It's easy to be a Laker fan, they only faced adversity for a 5 year stretch from '92 - '96. It's why the Lakers have the largest fan base in the country. The basketball yankees.

Their fans are like basketball spoiled, entitle, douche rich kid syndrome. ... because even with a lineage of the greatest bought players of all-time: Mikan, Wilt, West, Baylor, Kareem, Magic, Shaq, Kobe, and Gasol ... they HATE these two men:

Why? Because even with all that bought all time great superstars. A franchise stacked with top ten talent. These two guys individually are better than any of them, and never played in purple / gold.

That's why they vehemently hate, and throw shade at them any chance they possibly get.

Local High School Star

Both are great players but what separates these two are

- Lebron plays in the East which gives him the chance to play in the finals in multiple years. The gap is pretty big if you look at the teams. Then fatigue factor plays a part too.

- Lebron changed teams twice. First to play with prime Wade and Bosh and then switched to play with prime Irving and Love. He's constantly trying to improve his situation. Kobe stucked with one team his whole career through ups and downs, however, you can't deny that Kobe had great teammates also.

Other than that, we're just looking at one straight up killer scorer vs an all around triple double machine.

NBA rookie of the year HOoopCityJones's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    It's easy to be a Laker fan, they only faced adversity for a 5 year stretch from '92 - '96. It's why the Lakers have the largest fan base in the country. The basketball yankees.

Their fans are like basketball spoiled, entitle, douche rich kid syndrome. ... because even with a lineage of the greatest bought players of all-time: Mikan, Wilt, West, Baylor, Kareem, Magic, Shaq, Kobe, and Gasol ... they HATE these two men:

Why? Because even with all that bought all time great superstars. A franchise stacked with top ten talent. These two guys individually are better than any of them, and never played in purple / gold.

That's why they vehemently hate, and throw shade at them any chance they possibly get.
    Lakers are shit because they're great at scouting All Time Greats?

How about once you've had a few it's easy to spot the All time greats among the good to decent players.

Also, Lebron doesn't hold a candle to Jordan, he's been a front runner in a historically weak conference his entire career. This notion that Laker Players were gifted anything is a joke. Kobe started from the bench as a Rookie air balling jumpers, and WORKED his way to one of the 10 greatest ever.

You would think Basketball fans would respect that shit.

"Mikan, Wilt, West, Baylor, Kareem, Magic, Shaq, Kobe, and Gasol"

Quote Originally Posted by HOoopCityJones

Learn the difference between scouting and luring

Decent college freshman

How about once you've had a few it's easy to spot the All time greats among the good to decent players.

Also, Lebron doesn't hold a candle to Jordan, he's been a front runner in a historically weak conference his entire career. This notion that Laker Players were gifted anything is a joke. Kobe started from the bench as a Rookie air balling jumpers, and WORKED his way to one of the 10 greatest ever.

"greatest bought players of all-time"

Quote Originally Posted by Yao Ming's Foot
    "Mikan, Wilt, West, Baylor, Kareem, Magic, Shaq, Kobe, and Gasol"

LOL....how much do Lakers fans HATE Gasol?

Even though he's the reason Kobe didn't suffer the humilation of game 7 finals loss at home

Quote Originally Posted by BlakFrankWhite
    Learn the difference between scouting and luring
    Kareem, Wilt and Shaq? Kobe, Magic and West were drafted

Quote Originally Posted by BlakFrankWhite
    LOL....how much do Lakers fans HATE Gasol?

Even though he's the reason Kobe didn't suffer the humilation of game 7 finals loss at home
    I hate him because he doesn't belong on a list of top 15-20 players of all time?

College superstar

These two guys individually are better than any of them, and never played in purple / gold.

When did I say the Lakers were shit? Called them the basketball yankees. So, the most important franchise in the sport.

You've got some straw man arguments popping over here.

I said their fans are entitled, spoiled douche bags who throw shade at two superior players simply because they're the few all-time greats who never played in purple / gold. They are the only players these "fans" of basketball relentlessly hate on. It's easy to be a Laker fan. It's why they have the biggest collection of bangwagoners around.

Also, Lebron doesn't hold a candle to Jordan, he's been a front runner in a historically weak conference his entire career.
    I wouldn't say he doesn't hold a candle, but Jordan was definitely better and greater IMO.

And? Magic played on a stacked team, in an equally horrific Western Conference most of the time for the duration of the 80s. Yes LeBron has had some cowardly stacked teams, in a very weak conference the majority of the time, but he's also done things like what he's doing this season a few times ... taking a team of role players, and niche guys to places they have no business being.

2007 Cavs, 2009 Cavs, 2010 Cavs (regular season) and this 2015 Cavs team since the end of the first round. Even in a declined conference, with equally poor surrounding talent, those teams shouldn't have been as good as they were. It was all LeBron.

This notion that Laker Players were gifted anything is a joke.
    Where did I say that either? I said the vast majority of them were lured there due to the money, and location. They weren't in house, groomed products. Even Kobe manipulated his sitch to go there. He told the Nets when Callipari was going to draft him, that if they did, he would go to play in Italy instead. Even though he had no intent to do that. An 18 year old manipulating his destination in the draft to get to LA.

Same way Magic did.

Kobe started from the bench as a Rookie air balling jumpers, and WORKED his way to one of the 10 greatest ever.

Who says I don't respect that ... I think we all do. I didn't say anything degrading about any of these players. Particularly Kobe. So umm, why are you bringing him up?

Meanwhile you have Laker stans like kennethgriffin, Yao Ming's Foot, and others trying to bring down LeBron, or even MJ down a peg due to insecurity. Meanwhile these two players are consensus > Kobe, Magic, West, Baylor, Shaq, Kareem, etc.

If "throwing shade" on fellow great player is a sign of insecurity than Jordan mythologists have even the largest Kobe or Lebron stans beat by about 15 years of practice.

Your lack of self awareness is cringeworthy.

When did I say the Lakers were shit? Called them the basketball yankees. So, the most important franchise in the sport.

You've got some straw man arguments popping over here.

I said their fans are entitled, spoiled douche bags who throw shade at two superior players simply because they're the few all-time greats who never played in purple / gold. They are the only players these "fans" of basketball relentlessly hate on. It's easy to be a Laker fan. It's why they have the biggest collection of bangwagoners around.

I wouldn't say he doesn't hold a candle, but Jordan was definitely better and greater IMO.

And? Magic played on a stacked team, in an equally horrific Western Conference most of the time for the duration of the 80s. Yes LeBron has had some cowardly stacked teams, in a very weak conference the majority of the time, but he's also done things like what he's doing this season a few times ... taking a team of role players, and niche guys to places they have no business being.

2007 Cavs, 2009 Cavs, 2010 Cavs (regular season) and this 2015 Cavs team since the end of the first round. Even in a declined conference, with equally poor surrounding talent, those teams shouldn't have been as good as they were. It was all LeBron.

Where did I say that either? I said the vast majority of them were lured there due to the money, and location. They weren't in house, groomed products. Even Kobe manipulated his sitch to go there. He told the Nets when Callipari was going to draft him, that if they did, he would go to play in Italy instead. Even though he had no intent to do that. An 18 year old manipulating his destination in the draft to get to LA.

Same way Magic did.

Who says I don't respect that ... I think we all do. I didn't say anything degrading about any of these players. Particularly Kobe. So umm, why are you bringing him up?

Meanwhile you have Laker stans like kennethgriffin, Yao Ming's Foot, and others trying to bring down LeBron, or even MJ down a peg due to insecurity. Meanwhile these two players are consensus > Kobe, Magic, West, Baylor, Shaq, Kareem, etc.
    Bro, stop trying to piggy back Lebron off Jordan

Jordan is a consensus.

Lebron vs Kobe is an eternal debate that rages on to this day. Lebron stans were trying to say Lebron > Kobe after his first ring, that's more insecurity and hype more than anything. ESPN just held a poll asking this very question and the entire nation said prime Kobe > Prime Lebron

Not much of a consensus.

Also lol @ Lebron being a consensus GOAT over Kareem.

College superstar

lebron, and especially jordan are NOT "consensus" over kareem & magic

lol @ this idiot. jordan might be the greatest perimeter scorer, but as an ALL AROUND player, he doesn't hold a candle to what lebron does.

kareem and lebron's impact > jordan - and kareem > jordan alltime

Quote Originally Posted by Yao Ming's Foot
    If "throwing shade" on fellow great player is a sign of insecurity than Jordan mythologists have even the largest Kobe or Lebron stans beat by about 15 years of practice.
    Jordan stans don't throw shade, they throw reality. It all started with the rise of the Kobe stans in the very early 2000s.

MJ has always been the standard before these two guys, so any sane person isn't going to just call someone (Kobe/LeBron} equal or better without truly EARNING it. Which is the agenda Kobe stans were on from day one, just because he aped Mike's mannerisms, and cloned aspects of his game.

I don't say anything that unfairly about either Kobe, or LeBron in order to take them down a peg to 'protect Jordan.' Both are firmly top ten. Both are easily the best perimeter players I've seen since Mike.

LeBron however is just better, and greater by this point than Kobe ever was. It's just truth to most of the un-bias, non Laker / Kobe stan world. And this comes from someone who dislikes Kobe, I'm a fan. I have however had bouts of great disdain for LeBron, yet this is the obvious truth as a basketball fan I'm claiming. Should be obvious to anyone by this point, or they're just living in a state of denial.

A Kobe stan making the argument he's better than Jordan was always ludicrous. No cover band is better than the real deal.