Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default If Cavs could have either Love or Kyrie back.

Who do you think would help most at this point going forward?

I would pick Love, Lebron can take care of the PG duties, while Delly can play well against Curry.
    Love on the other hand would bring them rebounding, spacing, another option at front court and some more skill on their front court. They are actually using James Jones as his replacement right now.

Default Re: If Cavs could have either Love or Kyrie back.

Love. Bring Kyrie back could downgrade their defense on Curry.
    Love would do bad for the offense as well but it would be more on a help basis. Keep Curry in check is the main reason Cavs aren't down 3x1.

kobetard

I say kyrie, they really need a second playmaker.

4 ring - 4 FMVP - 4MVP J Shuttlesworth's Avatar

Kyrie. They have two decent big men already and Kyrie can handle some of the PG responsibilities.

Kyrie, but have him split time with Delly.

High School Varsity 6th Man

I really think kyrie; better defender, another playmaker, can get lebron the ball inside and possibly the emergence of TT.

But love is also very important and should be used more in offense, especially in the paint.

Kyrie plays better with Lebron.

i say have both of them, cos once warriors win at the end, lebron stan can shut it up once and for all.

Quote Originally Posted by bobopenguin
    i say have both of them, cos once warriors win at the end, lebron stan can shut it up once and for all.

Who are we kidding here, Warriors would not have won this with Love and Kyrie healthy

Quote Originally Posted by Andrei89
    Who are we kidding here, Warriors would not have won this with Love and Kyrie healthy
    so i guess then this healthy Cavs team is true GOAT team?

Quote Originally Posted by bobopenguin
    so i guess then this healthy Cavs team is true GOAT team?

Of course it is not. But neither is the Warriors team. They got exposed when they could not handle physicality and Cavs almost went up 3-0

The first three games were as close as possible because the Cavs had energy. In game 4, they finally won by a good margin because the Cavs showed they were truly gassed, playing a small rotation with a lot of players injured.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

I thought Kyrie pretty clearly established himself as the better basketball player this season. That isn't to say Love isn't really f#cking good, because he is, but a healthy Kyrie would be a huge problem for this Warriors team, especially the way they are currently playing.

Without Bogut out there and as small as they currently are, Kyrie would be carving them up and he'd be doing so without a defensive presence at the rim. He would be getting to the basket at will, tossing in those sweet little pull-ups and knocking down 3s at a pace matched only by Curry/Thompson.

Defensively, when he is healthy, he is not nearly as bad as people make him out to be. Hell, even at maybe 80%, he swatted Curry twice including one that saved the game and gave us a chance to win... and he had 4 steals. His line was 23/7/6/4/2 playing on basically one leg in Game 1.

He'd force Curry to work so much harder on the defensive end instead of resting which he is currently doing, which would also impact his offensive effectiveness. In fact, in Game 1, they had to take Curry off of (an injured) Kyrie because he was getting beaten so often.

LeBron and Kyrie make for a lethal 1-2 combination and that would also save Delly to go 100% all out when he is on the floor (which would still have been quite a bit).

With that being said, Love would have helped out exponentially too.

College superstar VengefulAngel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    I thought Kyrie pretty clearly established himself as the better basketball player this season. That isn't to say Love isn't really f#cking good, because he is, but a healthy Kyrie would be a huge problem for this Warriors team, especially the way they are currently playing.

Without Bogut out there and as small as they currently are, Kyrie would be carving them up and he'd be doing so without a defensive presence at the rim. He would be getting to the basket at will, tossing in those sweet little pull-ups and knocking down 3s at a pace matched only by Curry/Thompson.

Defensively, when he is healthy, he is not nearly as bad as people make him out to be. Hell, even at maybe 80%, he swatted Curry twice including one that saved the game and gave us a chance to win... and he had 4 steals. His line was 23/7/6/4/2 playing on basically one leg in Game 1.

He'd force Curry to work so much harder on the defensive end instead of resting which he is currently doing, which would also impact his offensive effectiveness. In fact, in Game 1, they had to take Curry off of (an injured) Kyrie because he was getting beaten so often.

LeBron and Kyrie make for a lethal 1-2 combination and that would also save Delly to go 100% all out when he is on the floor (which would still have been quite a bit).

With that being said, Love would have helped out exponentially too.
    That is the key, Kyrie is such an offensive threat, that his presence will yield far more gaps for Lebron to attack.

Banned

Red face Re: If Cavs could have either Love or Kyrie back.

Quote Originally Posted by Nash
    Who do you think would help most at this point going forward?

I would pick Love, Lebron can take care of the PG duties, while Delly can play well against Curry.
    Love on the other hand would bring them rebounding, spacing, another option at front court and some more skill on their front court. They are actually using James Jones as his replacement right now.
    Thompson is a better rebounder
    and plays defense he block shots,
    love would make them worse
    and irving makes them run too much

there better without both if the game slows down

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dick tracy
    and irving makes them run too much
    Where does this come from?

Kyrie loves to slow it down, run clock and play in isolation, which is what they are currently doing. He was ranked second in the league in efficiency in isolation this year behind only James Harden, and he didn't do it by drawing fouls. He has really mastered getting to his spots on the floor any time he wants, especially late in the shot clock when other options have been abandoned.

You put a guy like that who is also an elite spot-up shooter on the floor with LeBron James and there is no need to "run."