Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Better future: Washington or Toronto ?

Both have young talent

Washington

Beal
    Wall

Toronto

Valanciunas
    Ross
    DeRozan

Both have some free agents and restricted free agents that they need to sign to keep hold of their current core

Washington

Gortat
    Booker
    Harrington
    Ariza

Also, do they re-sign Gooden ?

Toronto

Lowry
    Patterson
    Vasquez

I felt both teams were underrated all year long and could be very potent in the future. Which team could eventually come out with the brighter future in say, about 3-5 years time ?

the WHITE side

Default Re: Better future: Washington or Toronto ?

I say Toronto.

Still not sure of Gortats future with the team. IMO, he and Nene were the anchors of this team. If they don't retain Gortat, I don't think they'll be as good as they were this year. Guy should be their number one priority to sign this summer. And plus, Nene's getting old.

BUT, Otto Porter could be something for dem in a few years. I like him. He cute.

Banned

Wiz have to keep Gortat.

Raps should keep Lowry, unless his price getting too high.

If all of them returns, Raptors should still have a better team.

Washington, Wall and Beal could be the best back court in the NBA sooner than later.

I believe Toronto overachieved due to Lowry being in a contract year.

Either way both teams are looking good,.

Forgot to add Porter, but I think he's a bust. Could be wrong, though, he probably just needs more minutes.

Toronto no doubt. I think Wall is a bit overrated. His playoffs left a lot to be desired. It really depends on how much either team wants to spend on free agency this year.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
    Toronto no doubt. I think Wall is a bit overrated. His playoffs left a lot to be desired. It really depends on how much either team wants to spend on free agency this year.
    If Raptors resign Lowry, they will not have any.

The only reason it's even close is how good toronto's gm is. Current rosters and payroll (assuming Lowry either walks or gets way overpaid to stay)? Washington and not real close

I think Wall has the highest potential out of either player on each team, unless Valanciunas and DeRozan show otherwise. I think Ross and Beal are nice players, but don't think their ceilings are that high.

Quote Originally Posted by el gringos
    not real close
    Save that for another thread.

This certainly is close and I would figure after an entire season's worth of information would suggest that to be very close.

All teams that qualified for the East (outside of Miami and Indiana) are going to be in a dog fight to secure all their talent, while trying to compete to be that next good team in the East and possibly over throw at least Indiana. Washington and Toronto will certainly be in that discussion. Even Miami and Indiana have tough decisions to make this off season, but I'm pretty sure they will be able to retain key players due to their playoff success.

High School Varsity 6th Man NLZ's Avatar

Toronto Durantulas have a brighter future, IMO.

NBA All-star

At some point both teams have to make that next step

whether you sign a marquee free agent with most of your cap space
    or sign multiple talented role players and most likely make a coaching change

depends on which GM is better at a re-draft

you'd be surprised how many GM still f*ck it up after watching players actually playing in the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    I think Wall has the highest potential out of either player on each team, unless Valanciunas and DeRozan show otherwise. I think Ross and Beal are nice players, but don't think their ceilings are that high.

Save that for another thread.

This certainly is close and I would figure after an entire season's worth of information would suggest that to be very close.

All teams that qualified for the East (outside of Miami and Indiana) are going to be in a dog fight to secure all their talent, while trying to compete to be that next good team in the East and possibly over throw at least Indiana. Washington and Toronto will certainly be in that discussion. Even Miami and Indiana have tough decisions to make this off season, but I'm pretty sure they will be able to retain key players due to their playoff success.
    I actually think Beal will be better than Wall. Just how I personally feel though. Valuciunas too maybe. Where do you see Demar's peak?

Quote Originally Posted by GimmeThat
    At some point both teams have to make that next step

whether you sign a marquee free agent with most of your cap space
    or sign multiple talented role players and most likely make a coaching change

depends on which GM is better at a re-draft

you'd be surprised how many GM still f*ck it up after watching players actually playing in the NBA.
    Watching the Grunwall and Colangelo eras, I actually know it all to well. Hoping Masai know what he's doing come this draft.

I actually think Beal will be better than Wall. Just how I personally feel though. Valuciunas too maybe. Where do you see Demar's peak?
    DeMar's peak will probably be in his late 20's and I personally hope he can reach that 25/5/5 on good efficiency, playing solid defense, getting to the free throw line a lot. I think he can reach that elite SG status, even in the current system he's in because of how he improves year in and year out. My guess, is that he will try to get stronger and post up more next season.

Some say he might not be any better than Jerry Stackhouse or Richard Hamilton during their peak, but I think both those guys were selfish and put their personal individual goals over the team's goals. I don't think DeMar's a selfish player (I think some paint him out to be that way) and wants to continue to work hard and bring success to the Raptors. Compared to Vince Carter and Chris Bosh, DeMar is much ahead IMO in terms of character and internal leadership to his teammates and coaching staff. He's just got to show he can play at a high level consistently now.

Raps because they'll have KD

My Game's Nucking Futs The_Night_Elf's Avatar

It would be nice if the Basketball gods would let these two teams grow and become threats year in and year out. I think the fans have suffered enough.

If everyone comes back I honestly can't pick one over the other. If Gortat and Nene are healthy the Wiz will probably better. John Wall had a bad playoffs but I think he got a lot better this year.