Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567
    Decent college freshman

Default Re: GT: Rockets vs Clippers - on ESPN [2/25/15]

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    Impressive performance from Houston.

Clippers didn't play bad either, but their bench just doesn't get it done. I hear people talking about Doc's rotations, but what is he supposed to do? The starters can't play all game, and he has to show confidence that his bench can at least keep the ship afloat.

CP3 has been killing himself the past few games without Griffin. These are the games where the Clippers really miss a guy like Collison.
    Pretty much agree on all points. This is a problem though, imo, with some coaches also serving as the GM. Bill Simmons has said this many times, but GM Doc hasn't done Coach Doc many favors. That bench is weak and their cupboard practically has no assets left that they'd be willing to trade.

Edit: Aaron Brooks would have been such a better signing for LAC than Farmar. Why waste the BAE on a hard-capped team for a guy that you end up waiving halfway into the season just to make room for your son?
    Last edited by SwishSquared; 02-26-2015 at 03:43 AM.

Given the Clippers reputation as Lob City, and how little I've watched the Clippers, I'm amazed at just how unathletic they are once Jordan and Griffin are out of the game. The Rockets basically ran the Clippers out of the game early in the fourth and build a lead hey managed to hold on to. Of course Griffin is out, so maybe once he's back i's a different story, but whenever you've got Hawes and Turkoglu, you'll struggle badly on defence.

YouGotServed
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Houston cruising to another victory. Easy win.

Who we play next?