I love LAaaaaaaaaaaa! Lakers Fan's Avatar

Default Byron Scott needs to be fired so the rookies can play

The Lakers aren't going anywhere this season, so why not let the rookies and young players develop like Wiggins, Porzingis, Okafor, and Towns, are having the the opportunity at the moment?

Scott needs to give Russell and Randle lots of minutes, and get together with Kobe, so they are fully involved in the game. Clarkson also needs minutes, but Byron seems happy to let him ISO all game long along with Randle to a lesser extent. The only guy Randle seems like he wants to pass to is Meta and Clarkson.

Byron Scott is inhibiting the young talent on this team. If the Lakers looked they were going to be contenders that would be one thing, but they aren't so...SET THEM FREE. The fans will enjoy it more and the young guys will get their reps to build experience and confidence for next year. I remember when Jermaine O'Neal was a kid in Portland and wasn't allowed to develop there. He didn't start to blossom until he came to Indiana. I wonder how much better he would have been if he had been given more playing time earlier. At least Portland was a contender, what's Scott's excuse.

I think it's time for him to go. He's both losing and not letting the young guys gain experience at the same time. Worst of both worlds....

Default Re: Byron Scott needs to be fired so the rookies can play

I want him gone. Not cause hes not playing the young guys but because hes a black coach and they suck ass at coaching

Quote Originally Posted by AnaheimLakers24
    I want him gone. Not cause hes not playing the young guys but because hes a black coach and they suck ass at coaching

Quote Originally Posted by AnaheimLakers24
    I know this is in jest, but typically black coaches are player coaches who also listen to management and the fans. White coaches tend to be Xs and Os, unbending, authoritarian types. Again Scott is the worst of both worlds. He's a strict authoritarian type, but doesn't get the results in order to get the players and fans to buy into what he's selling.

7/11/14 We Witness NattyPButter's Avatar

glad he's not with the Cavs anymore. I hated how he coached and his rotations sucked.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers Fan
    I know this is in jest, but typically black coaches are player coaches who also listen to management and the fans. White coaches tend to be Xs and Os, unbending, authoritarian types. Again Scott is the worst of both worlds. He's a strict authoritarian type, but doesn't get the results in order to get the players and fans to buy into what he's selling.
    Management and half the fanbase wants to tank. The fanbase wants the young players to develop while tanking though, he's not getting that part right

Agreed. We're not winning so why don't we put the kids to play? Let them have some experience on court.
    Antonie Brown for instance barely sees the floor and now that Kobe isn't playing, Artest is the one picking up the minutes. Artest is 35 year old, he doesn't belong to our future.
    I don't mind the Lakers being blowout every night (lose by 1 or 20, you lost anyway) but since we're losing we should develop the young guys in the process (or at least show then for trades)

Quote Originally Posted by sammichoffate
    Management and half the fanbase wants to tank. The fanbase wants the young players to develop while tanking though, he's not getting that part right
    Exactly. How hard is that to grasp for Byron? Minnesota did that Wiggins. NY with Porzi. Sixers with Okafor. Maybe he has something in his contract that is dependent on a certain number of wins.

This is exactly the reason I want him out. He knew this wasn't going to be a winning position when he came in as coach so he should just accept playing the younger players more.

NBA sixth man of the year Levity's Avatar

while im not a fan of scott, and would love to see him replaced (lack of an offense, claims to preach defense but has a team who doesnt execute at all), the lack of rookie burn falls on the FO, as well.

i feel scott is just a puppet to jim and mitch, at this point. if they want russel to get the burn LA fans feel he deserves, all they have to do is say so. theyre obviously bringing him around slooooowly. and while i agree he needs minutes on the floor, particular in the 4th, to get a real feel for the game, i think their plan is to give that to him as this 82 game season progresses.