Default 4th worst record, almost there

30+ games to go...I hate tanking but if it means getting a top 5 pick or not getting a high one at all, then by all means.
    After the ASG, they face 6 bad teams, they can't screw it up.
    Clarkson seems to be developing, there is some hope with Randle, but they need that top pick very badly.

Default Re: 4th worst record, Almost there

1 game behind Philly and they have Orlando coming up, this will get interesting especially as we've yet to play them, we play the Knicks once and the Wolves twice, and Minnesota have been winning

NBA lottery pick

Yup, the Lakers need to keep tanking and get that pick. I think with a lottery pick this year plus Randle returning next season will help the team quite a bit.

I did not think it could get any worse than 2 years ago, but I keep getting proven wrong. The 3rd time's a charm!

What a depressing season for the fans and players. This has to be one of the worst situations the Lakers have been in. They are playing in a very unique scenario where they do not completely own their lottery pick. And if they don't keep that pick this year is a bust. But I don't want to root for them to lose lol. What a weird spot this Lakers franchise is in. Not going to lie, I check to see the rankings and pray the bottom teams won that night lol.

For what's it's worth, I think these players are doing all try can with their abilities. It's gotta be tough to play for a team where there are fans openly rooting for them to lose.

NBA lottery pick

I think it would be tougher to know that if the Lakers weren't tanking some of these guys might not be in the league. They're probably feeling pretty good about being on a roster.

Good point. Many of these guys have all but guaranteed themselves a contract next season. Many would not be in the rotation and not getting the playing time like they are now. Wayne Ellington came into this season unguaranteed and he has locked up at least a year or 2 in the league. Same goes with Ed Davis and Wesley Johnson. So it could be worse.

Home of the 16

I think Wes Johnson can still find a spot on other mid-level teams. As for Ed Davis & Ellington, yeah.

Just a couple of pieces, boys.

NBA lottery pick

I've been saying for the last few years Sacre is lucky to be in the NBA. If the Lakers weren't trying to be cheap and sign keep all their 2nd rounders for cap reasons then I don't think he would land anywhere but overseas. I watched him play too many times when he was at Gonzaga and I just never felt he was good enough to even get drafted. He's one of those guys that has the body to be a good big man, but he doesn't have the game to go with it.

You are not alone on that about Sacre. He is a big body, thats about it. He doesnt really use his big body, he likes to shoot midrange. He also is not as strong as he looks. He is very lucky, he starts for crying out loud. I remember John Ireland interviewing him after a game earlier in the season and thinking, jeez the state of the Lakers must be terrible if they have to interview Robert Sacre lol. Because he is getting PT, he prob will get an invite to training camp with some team, if the Lakers were decent at all, he gets no PT and headed overseas at best next year.

I dont get how he is getting more PT than Ed Davis right now. Davis should be getting clarkson minutes. I kind of think Lakers are limiting his minutes to keep his stock down so maybe they can get him on the cheap next year?. He can easily be a double double guy. He produces pretty well in limited minutes.

NBA lottery pick

Yeah, I'm sure they don't want to have to over pay Davis to resign him. Other than that it doesn't make sense to me either though. I can't imagine that having Davis play more is going to interfere with the tanking....

Quote Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
    You are not alone on that about Sacre. He is a big body, thats about it. He doesnt really use his big body, he likes to shoot midrange. He also is not as strong as he looks. He is very lucky, he starts for crying out loud. I remember John Ireland interviewing him after a game earlier in the season and thinking, jeez the state of the Lakers must be terrible if they have to interview Robert Sacre lol. Because he is getting PT, he prob will get an invite to training camp with some team, if the Lakers were decent at all, he gets no PT and headed overseas at best next year.

I dont get how he is getting more PT than Ed Davis right now. Davis should be getting clarkson minutes. I kind of think Lakers are limiting his minutes to keep his stock down so maybe they can get him on the cheap next year?. He can easily be a double double guy. He produces pretty well in limited minutes.
    Yeah guys like Ed Davis (long, athletic hustle bigs) are common around the league, but Davis himself seems to be a good fit here where there is no guarantee any similar player would be. He has no ego and plays hard, so we want to resign him on the cheap. Could be a good bench piece in the future if we draft/trade/sign well.