4 ring - 4 FMVP - 4MVP J Shuttlesworth's Avatar

Default Best players/performances you've seen in person?

Which star players have you guys seen in an NBA game live/in person?

And which were the best performances?

I've seen:
    Kobe
    Gasol
    Ray Allen
    Paul Pierce
    Kevin Garnett
    Perkins
    LeBron
    Kyrie
    CP3
    Blake
    DJ
    Timmy D
    Kawhi
    Manu
    TP

Best performances:
    CP3 and Duncan in game 7 of Clips Spurs 2015 (also CP3 in game 1)
    LeBron/Kyrie/Blake all over 30 pts, CP3 14 assists (2015 RS)

I'm sure some of you guys got to see some legendary games in person. Would love to see some stories. My brother and sister saw Ray Allen hit 8 3s in the finals Wish I would have coughed up the money for that one

WayOfWade
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Default Re: Best players/performances you've seen in person?

Quote Originally Posted by J Shuttlesworth
    Which star players have you guys seen in an NBA game live/in person?

And which were the best performances?

I've seen:
    Kobe
    Gasol
    Ray Allen
    Paul Pierce
    Kevin Garnett
    Perkins
    LeBron
    Kyrie
    CP3
    Blake
    DJ
    Timmy D
    Kawhi
    Manu
    TP

Best performances:
    CP3 and Duncan in game 7 of Clips Spurs 2015 (also CP3 in game 1)
    LeBron/Kyrie/Blake all over 30 pts, CP3 14 assists (2015 RS)

I'm sure some of you guys got to see some legendary games in person. Would love to see some stories. My brother and sister saw Ray Allen hit 8 3s in the finals Wish I would have coughed up the money for that one
    I have also seen all those guys play. As for the best performance I've seen in person? Sadly I haven't ever seen any great performance like what you've seen, the best would probably be the Celtics OT victory over the Jazz with Pierce playing out of his his mind at the end of the game (I live in Utah btw, so there aren't a lot of superstars in town most nights).

4 ring - 4 FMVP - 4MVP J Shuttlesworth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WayOfWade
    I have also seen all those guys play. As for the best performance I've seen in person? Sadly I haven't ever seen any great performance like what you've seen, the best would probably be the Celtics OT victory over the Jazz with Pierce playing out of his his mind at the end of the game (I live in Utah btw, so there aren't a lot of superstars in town most nights).
    I got a little lucky. The Clips/Spurs series was just ****ing awesome, especially game 7. The Lakers/Celtics game I saw was Christmas 08, which was a pretty good game too. I feel a little bummed that I never saw the big 3 Heat play live though.

NBA Superstar

I saw Brad Lohaus drop 27 and 9 on the Pistons back in '93. Had no idea who he was, thought the P.A. was saying "Low House".

I was in the house for Kobe Bryant's black mask game against the Pistons, the one where he hit the buzzer beater to force OT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvquH_fKPL8

Also once saw a starting lineup of Avery Johnson, Monty Williams, Vernon Maxwell, Carl Herrera, and Will Perdue push Grant Hill and the '97 Pistons to the limit. Thought I was getting tickets to see David Robinson, Sean Elliott, and Dominique Wilkins play. Got Cadillac Anderson instead.

Saw Vince Carter throw down a reverse lob in '06. That was a big moment for me.

The absolute best performance I've honestly ever seen in person though, came from a high schooler. A 6'2'' 200 lbs. dude named Dontel Highsmith dropped this statline at a game I went to a couple years back: 56 points (21-30 from the field, 5-6 from three, 9-9 from the line), 9 rebounds, and 8 assists. 29 points in the first half, 27 in the second. 11-13 from the field in the 2nd half. He was averaging 13.0 a game as a freshman starter at Northern Illinois before he blew out his knee twice. He'll be a redshirt sophomore this season.

Edit: Forgot, I saw the 2002 Kings at the peak of their powers. Chris Webber dropped 28, 7, and 8. We got there a little late and I'm pretty sure they were already ripping the Pistons apart. I remember Gerald Wallace finishing two alley-oops from half court. I was somehow looking away for each (probably distracted by the enthusiastic Croatian contingent waving their giant flag a few rows in front of us). Webber's highlights: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfQ23mWBxwk
    Last edited by Rake2204; 08-22-2015 at 12:28 AM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

What a waste of two good tickets...you didn't care about the Spurs or Clips. Ugh.