Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Dwight in Orlando

This guy was force of nature. I think he gets a lot of hate for his game and his attitude. But he was amazing player in Orlando. He made the finals when the East was not total garbage. One best defensive players of this era. What did you think of him back then?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKmzDi40LfY
    Great mix

Default Re: Dwight in Orlando

Coward is a clown that wasted his prime in the shithole called Orlando

Easily the best center in the game. He should be the number 1 option in Houston and get more touches in the first 3/4 of the game and let Harden close.
    His biggest problem was going to the shitty Lakers.

Quote Originally Posted by Bankaii
    Easily the best center in the game. He should be the number 1 option in Houston and get more touches in the first 3/4 of the game and let Harden close.
    His two main choices for the trade were Brooklyn or Lakers. In retrospect both were not great situations.

Boozer and Lebron Fam CarlosBoozer's Avatar

People usually clown his postup game but dude was so fast and strong, he would do that bump n spin and it was game over (foul or you'll get dunked on).

Quote Originally Posted by Bankaii
    More touches? Coward aint got no post moves. Give the ball to the taliban at least he can make his FTs
    Last edited by fiddy; 08-21-2015 at 03:29 AM.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by fiddy
    More touches? Coward aint got no post moves. Give the ball to the taliban at least he can make his FTs

Dwight is still Great... The only issue I have with him is when he takes to many dribbles and doesn't put the ball high up.

He just needs like 1 -3 dribble power moves and quick spins like that.

rank sentamentalist

Dwight gets underrated because of his personality but on the court, the guy was and is an absolute beast. Probably the most explosive big ever. Look at the dunks this guy made at the Slam Dunk contest and it's just eye popping. He's under 6'11" with shoes but he was blessed with a huge wingspan of 7'5". One of the better rim protectors ever. It's not the amount of blocks that made him great at defending but just his presence alone because teams knew how quickly he could get off the ground.

It would've been nice to see him REALLY work on his post game but as it stands, he was one of the best rim protectors and rebounders ever. And one thing that gets seriously overlooked is just how strong this guy is. I saw him move Blake Griffin like a rag doll many times in the Houston series. It was almost like a boy playing against a man.

Quote Originally Posted by fiddy
    You're such a moron. In the 2011 playoffs Dwight averaged 27/16 on 63% and 13.5 FGA.
    For reference, in 2003 Shaq averaged 27/15 on 59% with 14.0 FGA
    Dwight put up slightly better numbers than the MDE in his prime.
    The day I find an educated Lakers fan will be a beautiful day. Enjoy the lotto again.

Quote Originally Posted by TripleA
    His two main choices for the trade were Brooklyn or Lakers. In retrospect both were not great situations.
    Sucks, he could've been utilized so much better on quite a few different teams.
    I would've liked to see a Dwight/Lebron duo.

For guys 6'11" and up, I can't think of a more explosive player than Dwight in terms of just pure ability to explode off the floor in an instant and get height. DJ is there also but I think prime Dwight has him by a hair.

Olajuwon was the most fluid, coordinated and agile big I have ever seen but didn't have Dwight's explosiveness off the floor. I know Wilt was pretty darn special athletically too, probably combining some of Hakeem's and Dwight's attributes.

What did you think of him back then?
    Great defense and rebounding. Top 3-5 player.

Unfortunate offensive game. If he were just a little bit better at passing out of the post, had a little better touch on his paint shots, he'd be an all-time 2-way great.

Those Magic teams were awesome. You couldn't ask for a more perfectly constructed roster (you could ask for more talent, of course; he did all that with 0 other all-stars).