Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Prime Rose vs current Westbrook 1-on-1

Quote Originally Posted by stevieming
    nonsense, both are professional ballers, neither will get tired to 11, 16 or 21...

I don't think fatigue will come into it on one game of one to one...
    1v1 is all about defense and size/power. It consumes an insane amount of energy compared to team ball.

I give it to Rose. Better shooter, more controlled. Russ is comparable to Rose because of his impact on defense, in transition, and rebounding....but that doesn't matter as much in 1 on 1

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by swagga
    1v1 is all about defense and size/power. It consumes an insane amount of energy compared to team ball.
    Yeah, but in what world does Russ have more size/power than Rose?

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by BIG FURB
    Yeah, but in what world does Russ have more size/power than Rose?
    Well if you hate a guy hard enough you can shrink him and make a reverse universe where a smaller guy can have more size and power. Its in the new twilight zone movie.

Don't mention things like moves, touch around the basket, skill shots, handle, agility, etc. Once your hater skills bump up, Big Furb, your imagination skills can make up craziness, and ignore the important things too.

They aren't trying to make sense. Just grasping for things.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by SugarHill
    Always felt he was overrated even in 2011. His legacy just grew since then as now people see him in an almost mythical light. Westbrook is a better player than him in almost all aspects which is not a fault of Rose. His true prime was robbed from him. Forget Westbrook now, I believe Westbrook back in 2011 was basically just as good as Rose.
    1. Can't agree at all.

2. And are you saying that 2011 Westbrook was as good as 2011 Rose??

Quote Originally Posted by ralph_i_el
    I give it to Rose. Better shooter, more controlled. Russ is comparable to Rose because of his impact on defense, in transition, and rebounding....but that doesn't matter as much in 1 on 1
    midrange dominates 1v1 and westbrook got a money midrange J ... so not sure about this one.

rose is more controlled but 1v1 is anything but control, it's more about overpowering people.

imo westbrook's man defense and midrange J combined with his stamina wins him this matchup.

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by swagga
    midrange dominates 1v1 and westbrook got a money midrange J ... so not sure about this one.

rose is more controlled but 1v1 is anything but control, it's more about overpowering people.

imo westbrook's man defense and midrange J combined with his stamina wins him this matchup.
    I've seen Kyrie, Curry and Paul all have monster games on Westbrook. More than 32 points. I don't recall one monster game on a healthy Rose by a top point guard. Rose has done a shut down on all of them, including Wade who is bigger and stronger than anybody on Westbrook's resume. And Rose in general played more minutes in the regular season and playoffs than Westbrook - Rose once played 45 min per game in his first playoffs. So this stamina thing is crazy.

Midrange J won't be a factor at all because Rose can go wherever he wants with the ball and has no problem whatsoever finishing over centers.

Keep writing paragraphs. (Yes, the irony as I write a couple of paragraphs ) Westbrook would dominate Rose because he is mentally stronger as well. Did Rose get shut down by Lebron? Yes. See what I did there? Did Lebron shut down Westbrook? NO, he tried to cover him for a few plays in the Finals but Westbrook was still on his way to 40+ points. Rose had plenty of trouble finishing over Lebron, thanks for playing

Rose stans go overboard. These guys are in the best shape of their lives but to act like a 1 on 1 game where they have to give it their all every play won't affect their stamina? Team ball takes a lot less out of you because the ball is spread out and they aren't asked to create every play.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    Keep writing paragraphs. (Yes, the irony as I write a couple of paragraphs ) Westbrook would dominate Rose because he is mentally stronger as well. Did Rose get shut down by Lebron? Yes. See what I did there? Did Lebron shut down Westbrook? NO, he tried to cover him for a few plays in the Finals but Westbrook was still on his way to 40+ points. Rose had plenty of trouble finishing over Lebron, thanks for playing

Rose stans go overboard. These guys are in the best shape of their lives but to act like a 1 on 1 game where they have to give it their all every play won't affect their stamina? Team ball takes a lot less out of you because the ball is spread out and they aren't asked to create every play.
    Why is Westbrook mentally stronger? Did you not see his breakdown with Craig Segar? The guy was literally about to cry, over being asked if he had a disagreement during the game. Is that really Mentally stronger?

If anything he is mentally weak, he allows his emotions to get the best of him, it clearly affects his judgement on the court. That is one of the biggest things people talk about, his IQ. You can just as easily flip the conversation.

He's great, I don't really have an opinion, but is Westbrook to be that much better than Rose, that if someone thinks Rose will win they are a stan?

5-time NBA All-Star

Where do you live in NY??? You have apparently never seen the one on one tournaments here? I rarely ever recalled anyone, who was familiar with the format in the tournaments getting worn out or asking to postpone their third game in a day. And they are putting up at least $500 of their own money on the side most of the time.

They threw the kitchen sink at Rose as it was a whole team effort. It would be incredibly stupid to throw the kitchen sink at Westbrook, wouldn't you say? The scouting report was focused on another player. That's why Rose minutes in those years were more strenuous than Westbrooks, never mind he was playing for Thibes and playing more minutes than Westbrook ever has. Stamina wise, Rose is more proven. But its a mute point as its not a real factor unless the game is up in the 60's.

5-time NBA All-Star

Since you have no clue about one on one games the better the players the shorter the game. Suggesting that Rose and Westbrook would tire out in a 20 minute game is absurd. Its not like you playing with your friends where it takes two hours to finish a 10 point game on the garbage can.

Quote Originally Posted by Pointguard
    I've seen Kyrie, Curry and Paul all have monster games on Westbrook. More than 32 points. I don't recall one monster game on a healthy Rose by a top point guard. Rose has done a shut down on all of them, including Wade who is bigger and stronger than anybody on Westbrook's resume. And Rose in general played more minutes in the regular season and playoffs than Westbrook - Rose once played 45 min per game in his first playoffs. So this stamina thing is crazy.

Midrange J won't be a factor at all because Rose can go wherever he wants with the ball and has no problem whatsoever finishing over centers.

I mean yeah, sure, I guess if you're only counting monster games where the opposing PG scored 32+ points and ignoring everything else. I'm sure I could weed through BBR's H2H machine and find plenty of games where an opposing PG had a pretty damn good game against Rose, but that's just a ridiculous and incredibly biased comment to make -- it's biased because you're using setting criteria to fit an agenda and using something as arbitrary as 32 points (and 32 points only and no other statistic) to denote a "monster game" against either player.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by KG215

I mean yeah, sure, I guess if you're only counting monster games where the opposing PG scored 32+ points and ignoring everything else. I'm sure I could weed through BBR's H2H machine and find plenty of games where an opposing PG had a pretty damn good game against Rose, but that's just a ridiculous and incredibly biased comment to make -- it's biased because you're using setting criteria to fit an agenda and using something as arbitrary as 32 points (and 32 points only and no other statistic) to denote a "monster game" against either player.
    Dude tryna act like Rose is some lockdown defender when he got his shit pushed in by Matthew Dellevedova in a ****ing elimination game

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnySic
    Doesn't look it in this pic. Perspective?

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by KG215

You are not new to the board and I am surprised this is the first time you seen me make the statement here or on other boards. In 2011, Rose dominated the elite PG's like Chicago dominated the elite after Dec 1st. They all got a good taste of Rose defense, shot poorly, didn't get much assist, blocked bad and shot just above 30% against him. I think lesser guards might have had good games against him but the elite were nearly shut out that year. Look it up. Ironically, Westbrook might have had the best game - it was the first game of the year, but after that Rose got all of them except Paul who was injured during their matchups. Rose got him next year.

Flashback http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...&postcount=122