Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Lebron catching so much flak despite his herculean performance proves how good he is.

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan
    damage control
    Come back to me when the Cavs win the series. Lebron gonna shit on the Warriors in there building game 7.

Default Re: Lebron catching so much flak despite his herculean performance proves how good he is.

Quote Originally Posted by LikeABosh
    The stats show how ****ing dominate he is. Basketball is a team sport dimwit. 5 vs. 5. In Lebron's case it's 1 vs 8. WTF do you want him to do?
    I personally want him to lose, but I'd imagine you'd prefer him to have worse stats and a win.

Oh wait, you wouldn't.

Banned

OP.. the game plan is to let lebron go 1 on 1

its been this way all series. his stats are inflated because his team is losing

I think his series is starting to get a little bit overrated. He's been great, and the best player in the series, but I don't think he's been as good as his numbers suggest. He's basically handling the ball from the start of every possession and ending it with a shot or a pass. Of course he's going to rack up assists. And tonight he played basically every minute as the tallest/biggest player on the court since Golden State primarily played a lineup with no one taller than 6'8".

Again, he's been really, really f***ing good in the series given what he has around him. But he's still been extremely inefficient scoring the ball, and I don't think he's been quite as his impactful as his overall raw stats indicate. It is pretty incredible, though, that he's been able to lead this supporting cast to at least a 6-game series against a 67 win team.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Come back to me when the Cavs win the series. Lebron gonna shit on the Warriors in there building game 7.

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by J Shuttlesworth
    True. I can't hate on LeBron for the Cavs losing this series since they are clearly outmatched... I'd be hating on him if he was only dropping 25/7/7 or whatever and not leaving it all out there.
    This

Can't hate on him.

But we can shut his stans for claiming dumb shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Suguru101
    I'm a fan of LeBron. I salute the 40 point triple double. However, you have to see it from this point of view:

1 point game, 5 minutes left. LeBron takes 2 more fgs and that's it. He doesn't force the issue.

Appreciating what LeBron did, but also acknowledging he could have done more is not having.

It's not as if one he got 40, he didn't need to do more, he was free of criticism. This is about winning not about stats.

And the "look at the team". I understand the context, which is why I'm not being harsh or anything, but the game was in hand. He could have closed the deal.
    You've got to put it in context, 5 straight finals, olympic play in 2012, this guy is ****ing gassed and he's still shitting on GS. At the end of games, he's physically done. His lift and burst start being minimized by fatigue. You can see the anguish and pain on his face. It's an amazing sight to see someone still be dominant on this level with all that withstanding.

I am your soldier!

True.

Just like how when you got pantsed in school that means you were cool and liked.

Quote Originally Posted by Suguru101
    I'm a fan of LeBron. I salute the 40 point triple double. However, you have to see it from this point of view:

1 point game, 5 minutes left. LeBron takes 2 more fgs and that's it. He doesn't force the issue.

Appreciating what LeBron did, but also acknowledging he could have done more is not having.

It's not as if one he got 40, he didn't need to do more, he was free of criticism. This is about winning not about stats.

And the "look at the team". I understand the context, which is why I'm not being harsh or anything, but the game was in hand. He could have closed the deal.

Problem is though he's BEEN HAD that stigma following him for years man. When the pressure is squarely on his shoulders alone he has been known to shy away. We can talk about "choking" "fatigue" or whatever but everyone has seen him lacking some type of ability to close out games strong like he starts them off.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialQue
    I personally want him to lose, but I'd imagine you'd prefer him to have worse stats and a win.

Oh wait, you wouldn't.
    what are you even talking about? GTFO of my thread. You're just proving my point. He's going 1 vs 8 out there and putting up amazing numbers and retards like you just go "doesn't matter, team lost". Would I want Lebron to have worse stats and win? It's a pointless question because with worse stats the Cavs would be swept.

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    I think his series is starting to get a little bit overrated. He's been great, and the best player in the series, but I don't think he's been as good as his numbers suggest. He's basically handling the ball from the start of every possession and ending it with a shot or a pass. Of course he's going to rack up assists. And tonight he played basically every minute as the tallest/biggest player on the court since Golden State primarily played a lineup with no one taller than 6'8".

Again, he's been really, really f***ing good in the series given what he has around him. But he's still been extremely inefficient scoring the ball, and I don't think he's been quite as his impactful as his overall raw stats indicate. It is pretty incredible, though, that he's been able to lead this supporting cast to at least a 6-game series against a 67 win team.
    He's not having the godlike series the media is saying he is, but he's certainly played his ass off.

What pisses me off is that prime LeBron (better jumper and better finisher) would most likely best this Warriors team in the same situation.

ah well everyone gets old eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
    OP.. the game plan is to let lebron go 1 on 1

its been this way all series. his stats are inflated because his team is losing

Yea, that's the game plan. Just "let" Lebron go off. They're "letting" him get 12 boards and 10 assists per game too right? They just "let" him and the Cavs win 2 games as well right Kenny?

Quote Originally Posted by oh the horror
    Problem is though he's BEEN HAD that stigma following him for years man. When the pressure is squarely on his shoulders alone he has been known to shy away. We can talk about "choking" "fatigue" or whatever but everyone has seen him lacking some type of ability to close out games strong like he starts them off.
    He has about 16 (?) or more game winners in his career. Narratives don't equal reality.

what are you even talking about? GTFO of my thread.
    No, I think I'll stick around and talk shit.

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    He's not having the godlike series the media is saying he is, but he's certainly played his ass off.

What pisses me off is that prime LeBron (better jumper and better finisher) would most likely best this Warriors team in the same situation.

ah well everyone gets old eventually.
    Yeah, pretty much this. It doesn't mean he hasn't been really, really f***ing good, because he has. I'm just not sure it's been as great of a series as is being advertised by his fans and the media.