Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: i cant believe Dirk is on the verge of carrying this group of scrubs to 50 wins

Everyone says he is wrong, argues anyway.

Stop feeding this troll.

Default Re: i cant believe Dirk is on the verge of carrying this group of scrubs to 50 wins

dirk did his thang

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

theyre in the same mold as 2011 minus a defensive anchor.. but ellis has been a better offensive weapon than anyone on that 2011 team was in the regular season.

ISH.. where a player averaging 22/6/3 on 50% shooting is a god and a player averaging 19/6/4 45% is a scrub. Dirk also called monta the most explosive player hes ever played with.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    theyre in the same mold as 2011 minus a defensive anchor.. plus ellis has been a better offensive weapon than anyone on that 2011 team was in the regular season.

ISH.. where a player averaging 22/6/3 on 50% shooting is a god and a player averaging 19/6/4 is a scrub. Dirk also called monta the most explosive player hes ever played with.
    Exactly this.

Give this current Mavs team Asik...and if they all got crazy hot...they could absolutely make a run.

Ellis has been great this year. Someone calling him a scrub is a ****ing idiot.

What a regular season for Dirk though. Led the team to 49 wins...put up;

22/6/3 on 49.7 fg / 39.8 from three / 89.9 ft...pretty much 50/40/90...and did so playing 33 minutes a game.

It's really too bad we don't play in the East or aren't playing a team like the Grizzlies in a series that slows the game down. Dirk and the Mavs would do much better against that...against the Spurs, it's just going to be too much chasing around the Spurs both in transition and in the half court with their ball movement...
    Last edited by DMAVS41; 04-17-2014 at 05:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyMontana
    50-32 or 49-33 depending on wether they win this current game vs the Grizzlies.

I'm looking at the guys out there vs Dallas and I see a bunch of nonentities. His most valuable teammate looks to be double digit IQ Samuel Dalembert who averages 6 PPG, 6 RPG and plays 20 minutes per game.

And this guy is 35 years old, an age where he should be playing lower minutes and handling the less of the bulk.

Dirk is truly one of the games all-time greats. Top ten all-time and in the company of Duncan, Shaq, LeBron as for player of this century.
    Wow what a dummy. Ellis put up a career year, VC is still a really valuable player(floor spacing, D, ball movement), shawn marion is still an all-nba level defender. Jose Calderon is a sniper who takes care of the ball extremely well

ellis is the one that carried the team this season.

Quote Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
    Dirk was our clear best player and we built everything we did off of him, but that doesn't mean Ellis wasn't fantastic. He absolutely was...Derrick Rose type player....clearly worse than Dirk, but still very good.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    Dirk was our clear best player and we built everything we did off of him, but that doesn't mean Ellis wasn't fantastic. He absolutely was...Derrick Rose type player....clearly worse than Dirk, but still very good.

Quote Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
    Playing off of Dirk literally resurrected Ellis' career.

Dirk=floor spacing+ball movement
    Calderon=floor spacing+ball movement
    Vince Carter=floor spacing+ball movement

Ellis lost a lot of money opting out of his last deal, but coming to Dallas has changed the whole story on him. People don't see him as a low iq chucker anymore because they've finally seen him with a good coach and a team that understands how to play TEAM offense and leverage his strengths.

He went from shooting tons of mid range jumpers to leading the league in drives. Most of that is because of Pick-n-Pop w/ Dirk with all that open space in the paint. B-E-A utiful series about to go down against SA

Quote Originally Posted by ralph_i_el
    Playing off of Dirk literally resurrected Ellis' career.

Dirk=floor spacing+ball movement
    Calderon=floor spacing+ball movement
    Vince Carter=floor spacing+ball movement

Ellis lost a lot of money opting out of his last deal, but coming to Dallas has changed the whole story on him. People don't see him as a low iq chucker anymore because they've finally seen him with a good coach and a team that understands how to play TEAM offense and leverage his strengths.

He went from shooting tons of mid range jumpers to leading the league in drives. Most of that is because of Pick-n-Pop w/ Dirk with all that open space in the paint. B-E-A utiful series about to go down against SA

Honestly I'd say it's less Dirk than it is just not playing on crap teams with crap infrastructure...

I think Ellis grew as a player this year learning how to win and compete all the way through a game, but Dirk didn't make Ellis do anything he wasn't already capable of.

He was just put into a perfect position for him in terms of fit and role....and had a coach that believed in him and supported him.

So many players would benefit from that...can't just credit Dirk or anyone for that. A guy like Ellis could do this shit...he just needed to showcase it...and it's not like he hasn't played well before.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    Honestly I'd say it's less Dirk than it is just not playing on crap teams with crap infrastructure...

I think Ellis grew as a player this year learning how to win and compete all the way through a game, but Dirk didn't make Ellis do anything he wasn't already capable of.

He was just put into a perfect position for him in terms of fit and role....and had a coach that believed in him and supported him.

So many players would benefit from that...can't just credit Dirk or anyone for that. A guy like Ellis could do this shit...he just needed to showcase it...and it's not like he hasn't played well before.
    I agree with this. Perfect situation for any dynamic scoring guard.
    Dallas just needs a consistent big man defender and this team would be perfectly constructed. Sammy D can't play big minutes now but Dallas should be looking for another guy like him.

Quote Originally Posted by ralph_i_el
    I agree with this. Perfect situation for any dynamic scoring guard.
    Dallas just needs a consistent big man defender and this team would be perfectly constructed. Sammy D can't play big minutes now but Dallas should be looking for another guy like him.
    Yep.

Cuban/Nellie really need to come through in the offseason for a change. I supported them letting Barea and Chandler and Butler go after 11...and still support it, but they've made mistakes since then with odom and Mayo and Kaman...letting Brewer go for no reason (a big mistake nobody talks about imo)

We need a legit center and need to fill out the roster with some young athleticism.

If we had, for example, an Asik/Dalembert combo at center...kept the rest of the team in tact...and added another sg/sf type player...that was kind of a jack of all trades...like a guy in the mold of Deng...we'd be a 55 plus win team next year with a real chance to make a run.

So we aren't that far off assuming we don't see Dirk decline much.

Larkin will also be a nice addition next year as well. I would imagine that will be a big emphasis next year in the regular season. Getting Larking more burn. Really hope we keep Harris though...we need him with the defensive clown Calderon not being able to play in a lot of late game situations defensively.