Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default The Bulls added Kukoc, Kerr and Longley to the 1994 roster.

MJ critics LOVE to mention the fact that the Bulls went 55-27 in the first season MJ retired. As if to prove that MJ always had stacked rosters. What they fail to mention (or realize) is that the Bulls added three key pieces in Kukoc, Kerr and Longley in 1994.

So the notion that the roster was the same from 1992-93 to 1993-94 is 100% false. The Bulls upgraded their roster after losing MJ. And you can't overlook this fact.
    Last edited by ClipperRevival; 08-21-2015 at 11:51 AM.

Default Re: The Bulls added Kukoc, Kerr and Longley to the 1994 roster.

So what we can conclude is that Kukoc, Kerr + Longley to Bulls roster equals 2nd round exit. Replace those guys with MJ and they are a 3 peat dynasty. Yes, MJ was THAT good.

Banned

We just need 3ball with gifs and /thread

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by ClipperRevival
    MJ critics LOVE to mention the fact that the Bulls went 55-27 in the first season MJ retired. As if to prove that MJ always had stacked rosters. What they fail to mention (or realize) is that the Bulls added three key pieces in Kukoc, Kerr and Longley in 1994.

So the notion that the roster was the same from 1992-93 to 1993-94 is 100% false. The Bulls upgraded their roster after losing MJ. And you can't overlook this fact.
    Let's not act like Scottie didn't have one of the best seasons ever for a small forward.

22 ppg, 8.7 rpg, 5.6 apg, 2.9 spg, .8 bpg on 49% shooting. Did everything offensively and was arguably the best defensive player in the league.

Kukoc, Kerr and Longley were role players. They all played less than 20 mpg in the playoffs.

Your argument is like saying Delladova is the reason the Cavs had a great postseason.

Quote Originally Posted by sundizz
    Let's not act like Scottie didn't have one of the best seasons ever for a small forward.

22 ppg, 8.7 rpg, 5.6 apg, 2.9 spg, .8 bpg on 49% shooting. Did everything offensively and was arguably the best defensive player in the league.

Kukoc, Kerr and Longley were role players. They all played less than 20 mpg in the playoffs.

Your argument is like saying Delladova is the reason the Cavs had a great postseason.
    The POINT of my thread was to show that the rosters weren't the same. That the Bulls did add key pieces. And no they aren't stars. Everyone has a role on a team. Superstars, 2nd fiddle, 3rd wheel and role players.

Pip was the star and an all time great. Grant was 2nd fiddle. BJ was 3rd wheel. But those guys were important role players. Granted Longley wasn't as impactful in 1994 as later but Kerr and Kukoc definitely were in 1994.

So what we can conclude is that Kukoc, Kerr + Longley to Bulls roster equals 2nd round exit. Replace those guys with MJ and they are a 3 peat dynasty. Yes, MJ was THAT good.
    Funny thing, though...

MJ DID come back and play WITH those SAME guys the VERY next season...and guess what? A SECOND ROUND EXIT.

Evidently GRANT was THAT good, right?

Quote Originally Posted by LAZERUSS
    Funny thing, though...

MJ DID come back and play WITH those SAME guys the VERY next season...and guess what? A SECOND ROUND EXIT.

Evidently GRANT was THAT good, right?
    Only played 17 games that seasons and didn't have his legs under him and wasn't able to fully get into a rhythm. If you played basketball, you should know this. And my theory seems solid because what did MJ do his next 3 seasons with the Bulls?

But since you are an MJ hater, I don't blame you if you hold this against him.

Only played 17 games that seasons and didn't have his legs under him and wasn't able to fully get into a rhythm. If you played basketball, you should know this. And my theory seems solid because what did MJ do his next 3 seasons with the Bulls?

But since you are an MJ hater, I don't blame you if you hold this against him.
    Seems to me you have blamed Wilt for his TEAM losing a game seven in the '70 Finals. A Wilt who came back only FOUR months after MAJOR KNEE SURGERY, and played THREE regular season games (and at about HALF of his pre-injury production), ...but again, you are a WILT Hater, so I would have expected as much.

BTW, take a look at MJ's post-season numbers in '93, '95, and '96, and you tell me what the differences were.

Banned

"MJ didn't get a rhythm"

LMAO. He dropped 50 points before the post season

National High School Star

The POINT of my thread was to show that the rosters weren't the same. That the Bulls did add key pieces. And no they aren't stars. Everyone has a role on a team. Superstars, 2nd fiddle, 3rd wheel and role players.

Pip was the star and an all time great. Grant was 2nd fiddle. BJ was 3rd wheel. But those guys were important role players. Granted Longley wasn't as impactful in 1994 as later but Kerr and Kukoc definitely were in 1994.
    This is silly. Rosters rarely ever stay exactly the same (especially after a big departure). And of course they are NBA players and will put up a few stats here and there. But mentioning them as some part of the reason the Bulls were good takes away from what Pipp and Horace did that year. That year those players you mentioned (the production they put up) could of been a handful of others from around the NBA.

What Pipp did, there was nobody else in the league that could of done.

Obviously you don't take a Jordan out and simply only lose two more games. When you see how he dominated, how clutch he was. Was he not the one going nuts in the Finals. Is a Pete Myers going to replace that?

BTW,

Put MJ on the '94 Bulls and they likely win 60-70 games, and his 4th straight title.

However, MY point has been that, MJ played with EXCEPTIONAL rosters in the '90's. Teams that were good enough to contend for titles without him. And again, the 90's were watered-down in comparison to the 80's, He was not beating teams like the '80's Sixers, Pistons, Celtics, and Lakers en route to those six rings.

Quote Originally Posted by LAZERUSS
    Seems to me you have blamed Wilt for his TEAM losing a game seven in the '70 Finals. A Wilt who came back only FOUR months after MAJOR KNEE SURGERY, and played THREE regular season games (and at about HALF of his pre-injury production), ...but again, you are a WILT Hater, so I would have expected as much.

BTW, take a look at MJ's post-season numbers in '93, '95, and '96, and you tell me what the differences were.
    Point taken.

Point taken.
    MJ is the GOAT post-season scorer, and GOAT Finals scorer. His six rings speak volumes, too.

He has a strong case for GOAT, too.

I just think that some (not all of course) of the Jordan supporters go over-board in their assessment of his career. Like virtually every other GOAT candidate, he needed great teammates to win.

BTW, while I don't always agree with your opinions, I do respect them. There are a number of posters here that I occasionally clash with, but still respect, and you are one of them.

Coincidentally, 3 Bulls players were named to the all-star team that year; none of them were Kokuc, Kerr and Longley.