Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    National High School Star

Default Re: lol Lebron will be completely forgotten by 2020

Quote Originally Posted by knicksman
    If you have self respect, 1 ring is enough to surpass bran. No real man/alpha will ever accept colluded rings
    It's the opposite. Collusion rings are the signs of alpha rings due to still winning despite all the pressure

And if you didn't know, chances of succeeding /w more pressure= lower

Thus, colluding and accepting the social pressure= more alpha

If you don't think social/peer pressure is immense then you must have no friends

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Kvnzhangyay
    It's the opposite. Collusion rings are the signs of alpha rings due to still winning despite all the pressure

If you don't think social/peer pressure is immense then you must have no friends
    I guess if Durant joins the Warriors he will be the most alpha of all time.

3-time NBA All-Star

WTF you are so dumb. Winning as an underdog>>>winning with your social pressure bs. GTFOH

Quote Originally Posted by masonanddixon
    Who gives a shit about those awards? Curry will already have two championships as the best player and coming out of the West. No one gives a shit about lebron's shitty championships when he had to form a superteam out East (lmao) just to get there.
    Until it happens, you need to shut the fvck up

And by best player you mean? FMVP? cause he ain't got one, if I remember correctly

WTF you are so dumb. Winning as an underdog>>>winning with your social pressure bs. GTFOH
    You must be dumb, friendless, and young if you don't think it is true

Peer pressure is immense

It's why I see some interns at my boutique work like 100 hours a week. 100 ****ing hours. Pressure at a small office like mine is PEANUTS compared to the social pressure from essentially the whole population of NBA fans.
    Last edited by Kvnzhangyay; 02-26-2016 at 10:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic 32
    I guess if Durant joins the Warriors he will be the most alpha of all time.

No because Durant isn't polarizing enough to generate the social pressure needed to make it an incredibly tough and alpha-proving decision

If he was as hated as Kobe or Lebron or even MJ when he was playing, then yes Durant joining the Warriors would prove him alpha as ****

3-time NBA All-Star

You must be dumb, friendless, and young if you don't think it is true

Peer pressure is immense

It's why I see some interns at my boutique work like 100 hours a week. 100 ****ing hours. Pressure at a small office like mine is PEANUTS compared to the social pressure from essentially the whole population of NBA fans.
    Yah winning with peer pressure is more satisfying than winning as an underdog. Lol

Yah winning with peer pressure is more satisfying than winning as an underdog. Lol
    It is. If you've played basketball before, you'd know that the most satisfying thing ever is to quiet the crowd, aka the haters.

It's much more satisfying to win despite all the haters and to piss off ALL the haters, as you would if you win against peer pressure.

If you win as an underdog all you get to piss off by winning as the underdog is the opposing team and its fans.

Very good NBA starter

No because Durant isn't polarizing enough to generate the social pressure needed to make it an incredibly tough and alpha-proving decision

If he was as hated as Kobe or Lebron or even MJ when he was playing, then yes Durant joining the Warriors would prove him alpha as ****
    Lebron was hated before the decision?

News to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic 32
    Lebron was hated before the decision?

News to me.
    He definitely was, but you must be kidding if you do not think Lebron could tell and welcomed the daunting pressure regarding how much social hatred he was going to get from the Decision

Thread cliffs:
    Being alpha is defined as being able to not care about social pressure/peer pressure that comes with being hated.

Not caring about peer pressure can come from many different ways. For example, Kobe generated haters/created social pressure to himself by being an asshole. Lebron generated haters/created social pressure to himself by bragging about himself and the Decision.

Both created tremendous peer pressure, but both players were alpha enough to withstand it.

3-time NBA All-Star

It is. If you've played basketball before, you'd know that the most satisfying thing ever is to quiet the crowd, aka the haters.

It's much more satisfying to win despite all the haters and to piss off ALL the haters, as you would if you win against peer pressure.

If you win as an underdog all you get to piss off by winning as the underdog is the opposing team and its fans.
    Doubters is just the same as haters. Theres a reason why curry is respected coz he proved the doubters wrong while bran still cant get the respect unless youre a bran stan

Very good NBA starter

you must be kidding if you do not think Lebron could tell and welcomed the daunting pressureregarding how much social hatred he was going to get from the Decision
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wdCne17C3Y&t=1m15s

3-time NBA All-Star

Thread cliffs:
    Being alpha is defined as being able to not care about social pressure/peer pressure that comes with being hated.

Not caring about peer pressure can come from many different ways. For example, Kobe generated haters/created social pressure to himself by being an asshole. Lebron generated haters/created social pressure to himself by bragging about himself and the Decision.

Both created tremendous peer pressure, but both players were alpha enough to withstand it.
    So winning a ring isnt peer pressure? Winning 4 mvps without a ring isnt peer pressure? Im sure thats what bran is thinking. Thats why he colluded coz he doesnt want to end up ringless. He doesnt want to be the joke of the league having 4 mvps while having no rings.

He definitely was, but you must be kidding if you do not think Lebron could tell and welcomed the daunting pressure regarding how much social hatred he was going to get from the Decision

I disagree with your points. I honestly don't think LeBron was that disliked pre Miami. I'm sure he had haters, anyone at the top of their profession will, but I felt like he was generally liked during his first stint in Cleveland.

I also disagree with your assertion about the decision. I think LeBron was trying to milk that free agency for every drop of publicity he could, and was told about the idea to televise his selection and he went with it. I just don't think he had any idea what he was getting himself into, or what the consequences would be for doing so.

You could tell how unexpected the backlash was for him. He never expected to become arguably the most hated athlete in the country overnight. He tried to play up to the villain role, but that's just not in his nature. LeBron wants to be liked almost to a fault, and I think he was affected by the sudden shift in public perception. This imo was the biggest reason for his epic meltdown in the Finals that first season in Miami. The hatred and pressure just broke the dude.