Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: WIZ/HAWKS TRADE: Hinrich,Armstrong for Bibby,Jordan Crawford, and Evans FINALIZED

hawks improved big time

Default Re: WIZ/HAWKS TRADE: Hinrich,Armstrong for Bibby,Jordan Crawford, and Evans FINALIZED

I like the trade. I always though Hinrich was better at starting then coming off the bench and he does a good job guarding Dwayne Wade (could be helpful in the playoffs.)

Nice for the hawks

Quote Originally Posted by Rose
    Good trade for both sides: got a future swing man for Wall, and a good mentor in Bibby.

Atlanta got Kirk who was an upgrade.
    Wall doesnt need Bibby at all.

I'm also glad its Jordon and not Jamal. The other thread was confusing. But the OP probably intentionally made it that way.

I like the deal for Atlanta if Kirk is healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Wall doesnt need Bibby at all.

I'm also glad its Jordon and not Jamal. The other thread was confusing. But the OP probably intentionally made it that way.

I like the deal for Atlanta if Kirk is healthy.
    Got a point there I guess.

Steal for the Hawks. Hinrich plays D, something no one at the 1 or 2 does on the Hawks. He is a vet, will play steady, and will improve this team. Great great deal for the Hawks. Bibby is just about done and those other guys are not contributing players. Hawks also get another big in the deal, that never hurts.

Hinrich will help come playoff time. He will compliment Joe Johnson well and he will improve the others.

Good High School Starter

Hawks should trade Marvin Williams + Zaza for Chris Kaman.

That would let them move Horford permanently to PF:

5 - Kaman/Collins/Thomas
    4 - Horford/Armstrong/Powell
    3 - Smith/Wilkins/Sy
    2 - Johnson/Crawford
    1 - Hinrich/Teague

Quote Originally Posted by fefe

5 - Kaman/Collins/Thomas
    3 - Smith/Wilkins/Sy
    2 - Johnson/Crawford
    1 - Hinrich/Teague
    You can add 1st roun pick in that trade too, CLippers dont like em

JOHN WALL ALLDAYERRDAY JohnWall2's Avatar

good trade.. hinrich was suckin it up n messin wit j walls play

Atlanta needed the upgrade at PG, because Bibby has really slowed down.
    Wizards didn't need Kirk, because they have Walll. It's a good trade for both teams.

However, getting a starting center should have been more important to the Hawks than upgrading at PG...

Does Marvin Williams for Chris Kaman make too much sense for both those teams?

Clippers trying to get rid of Kaman, and desperately need a starting caliber SF.
    Hawks want to get rid of Marwin, and they really want a starting center to move Al to PF...

I really don't understand why these 2 teams don't go for it...
    Sounds like a great move, but don't know if the salaries match. We would need to send out another contract to go with Marvin, since we are near the luxury tax. Don't know if we have that, now that Mo Evans is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by marion706
    people are over valuing the hawks players

bibby-sucks slow as hell
    jordan crawford (jc2)-shown potential but is a chucker
    mo evans-
    and a late 1st rd pick -in a weak draft

not that great of a trade!!

Both teams clearly felt it was time to change things. Whether or not it's for the "better," we'll have to wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by Doranku
    Still don't see the point of this trade. One over-the-hill PG for another, essentially.
    You're crazy... Bibby is the worst defender at his position.

Hinrich is a great defender, who can guard PG SG and SF. Not as great of an outside shooter, but at least Joe Johnson won't be so tired chasing around point guards all game that he'll probably shoot better.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore UwishUhadWall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by alenleomessi
    Good trade for both teams
    That's all it is man. It makes sense for both teams. Simple as that. As a Wiz fan I love the trade because we got Hinrich and a 1st for nothing, and then turned around and turned Hinrich into another 1st and a decent prospect in Crawford.

You gotta look at where each team is at in the scheme of things.

Goddamn some people are retarded.

Anyway, word around town is that Bibby is bitter and wants a buyout. Wizards told him ok, but you have to eat a big part of what's left on your deal this year (4 mil I think?) and the entire 6 mil you're due next year. He'll be suiting up for the Wiz on Friday.

5 - Kaman/Collins/Thomas
    3 - Smith/Wilkins/Sy
    2 - Johnson/Crawford
    1 - Hinrich/Teague
    Except Kaman has a history of injuries, and the Hawks would lose two guys, who for the most part of their careers, have been fairly healthy.

Kaman is talented, but unreliable healthwise.

Hinrich has actually played pretty well for the Wizards this year. Their best stretch of basketball this season was right after the Gil trade when Hinrich was starting at the point.

Looking at guards the Hawks have added in recent years they have played some of the best ball of their careers. Jamal, Bibby and Flip Murray all played very well next to JJ. I expect the same with Hinrich.

Good deal for both teams.