Learning to shoot layups

Default Best shoe for Arch Support?

I am almost flat footed on both feet (pronated?) ... anyways, I need a shoe that has the best mid foot/arch support available. If anyone has any suggestions please post em here... Im tired of having my feet hurt after playing ball. I have tried the gel insoles for support, didnt work too good. Im thinking I need to start with the shoe first.

Thanks & God Bless.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Default Re: Best shoe for Arch Support?

I really don't have any suggestions, but a shoe store employee worth his salt should be able to help you. If not (he should be fired) then talk to a manager, they'll be able to help you.

Learning to shoot layups

I tried Dix Sporting Goods, Champs and Finish Line. None of them seemed to know what the heck they were talking about today. I figured I would try to do some more research online and post in a few forums hoping someone in a situation similar to myself (pes planus/flat feet) had some hands on suggestions or knew of somebody that wore a shoe that had some outstanding arch support. Im not a fan of insoles, the gel insoles I have tried sucked, and thats all the sales people today tried to push... insoles. They didnt understand that yeah I might try insoles down the road along with the shoe, but I want to start with the base support then add insoles if needed.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Store bought insoles may just not give you enough support, I'd look into some custom made ones, not sure what those cost. I've seen some reviews that say the Huaraches have pretty solid support. Sorry I can't help out more.

Fresh Kid Turned Rotten Lamar Doom's Avatar

i don't know if you're specifically looking for basketball shoes but the new balance 992 running shoe is the best in the world, i have had lots of problems with plantar fascitius and shin pain and there's nothing like these shoes. I usually wear mid-high tops to play ball and i sprained my ankle playing in the new balances once so i don't know that it's a great basketball shoe but if you're looking for daily wear, look no further.

but yeah, i would go into a non-chain shoe store (don't go to *****)(heh, edit, you can't even say dix sporting goods), probably a runner's store and tell them what you're looking for. you can get relatively cheap orthotics too, they really helped me out. i'm currently wearing the And 1 Open Run Mid for hoops and have had no problem with my feet or shins yet.

Learning to shoot layups

Thanks for the feedback. I just got back from playing tonight and I realize I must do something. I went back tonight to my Hurache the 07 or 06 model (not sure, the pair that came out before the ones out now). Anyways, I had severe pain in the archs. I plan on making an appointment with a podiatrist tommorrow. It could be a matter of insole rather than shoe, but I'd still like to get the most out of the shoe too... so Im in the market. The New Balance looks nice and if it feels great, Ill use that as my "wear around/every day shoe" but doesnt have enough ankle support to hoop in.

Not airballing my layups anymore

Orthotics. That's the only way.
    Unless you want to be sporting some running shoes when you play.

Learning to shoot layups

Are there any running shoes with good ankle support?