Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 29101112131415 ... LastLast
    Local High School Star JohnnyBravo5's Avatar

Default Re: 2 Days Have Passed and I STILL Can't Get Over the Fact That Durant Can't Bench 18

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    Playing basketball, for the nth time, is not weight lifting.
    I haven't seen it, but I am guessing that even the Magic skills DVD has a part where they tell you to lift some weights. You would think that he'd take it upon himself to lift a weight every now and then.

Default Re: 2 Days Have Passed and I STILL Can't Get Over the Fact That Durant Can't Bench 185

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBravo5
    The real point is this. If you are some ham and egger from the And 1 tour and you can't bench 185 then that's understandable.

But if you are Durant who has played years of organized H.S., AAU ball and you attended one of the best athletic universities in the world and you can't bench 185, how is that possible? WTF was the UofT strength coach doing. What were they doing in practice all day, one of those "skip across the court with high knees" exercises?
    Probably never took weight training serious. He's done it but his core strength needed work and he wasnt taking any supplements to give himself an edge, a boost, more energy.

Until he reveals his method of weight lifting we wont know. Look at his frame, I'm surprised he even weighs over 200lbs. He had to be doing something since someone posted he put on 20-25lbs since arriving at Texas. Probably ate more. We'll have to see what he says when asked or maybe someone at Texas in the weight program leaks a story?

NBA rookie of the year Da KO King's Avatar

Default Re: 2 Days Have Passed and I STILL Can't Get Over the Fact That Durant Can't Bench 185

While I, like many, seriously doubt the validity of your claim I find it more amusing than anything else.

What you are saying you did at 16 years old with no prior weight training of any kind would make you one of the strength players in the NBA Draft. Not just this year but any year. The 30 or so reps you say you did would be one of the highest total in NBA Draft combine history.

Default Re: 2 Days Have Passed and I STILL Can't Get Over the Fact That Durant Can't Bench 18

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBravo5
    I haven't seen it, but I am guessing that even the Magic skills DVD has a part where they tell you to lift some weights. You would think that he'd take it upon himself to lift a weight every now and then.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Until he reveals his method of weight lifting we wont know. Look at his frame, I'm surprised he even weighs over 200lbs. He had to be doing something since someone posted he put on 20-25lbs since arriving at Texas. Probably ate more. We'll have to see what he says when asked or maybe someone at Texas in the weight program leaks a story?
    No need to wait.

Rick Barnes, Texas' head coach, has already publically said weight training was never a focus for Durant at Texas. Also, if anyone cared to look into it rather than dogpile Durant they would have learned that Mountrose Christian doesn't do much, if any, weight training for its varsity basketball team.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Da KO King
    No need to wait.

Rick Barnes, Texas' head coach, has already publically said weight training was never a focus for Durant at Texas. Also, if anyone cared to look into it rather than dogpile Durant they would have learned that Mountrose Christian doesn't do much, if any, weight training for its varsity basketball team.
    Durant is still gonna play a certain style of game that is directly related to his frail body. That is what this all comes down to in his rookie season.

Not saying he won't have a good rookie season (have said a million times that will depend on his jumper).

Quote Originally Posted by Da KO King
    No need to wait.

Mountrose who? Sounds like the church in Sister Act with Whoopi.

But its funny how Durant not benching 185 once has generated so much buzz. Like he didnt leave college dominating the game and before the bench had people arguing he could go over Greg Oden. Already a better player right now than Oden. Al Thornton i heard was the workout warrior. Correct me if I'm wrong...but reading his numbers that dude put up some NFL numbers. I wonder if he'll be any good in the NBA. I rather take Jeff Green than him if Sixers have a chance at both. Altho Green played like a straight up bytch his final game in the tourney. Dissapeared

Banned

But its funny how Durant not benching 185 once has generated so much buzz. Like he didnt leave college dominating the game and before the bench had people arguing he could go over Greg Oden. Already a better player right now than Oden. Al Thornton i heard was the workout warrior. Correct me if I'm wrong...but reading his numbers that dude put up some NFL numbers. I wonder if he'll be any good in the NBA. I rather take Jeff Green than him if Sixers have a chance at both. Altho Green played like a straight up bytch his final game in the tourney. Dissapeared
    Green has no special skills. At least Thornton can jump.

But I'd still take Green first cause of his head and the possibility he can pick up a few tricks thanks to his maturity.

As common place on this board people been ignoring my posts but I've been trying inform people that Durant's high school coach is not a big believer in lifting for high school kids. If any cared to find out they would see that vast majority of the basketball players to come out of that school are stick figures.

To me the Jeff Green vs Al Thorton debate will be the most interesting part of this draft class.

Green played in the Princeton offense so he has a good understanding of off ball movement, spacing, finding the open guy, and not relying on the dribble to get points. All that said, he's never been "the man" and didn't run many NBA style set plays.

Thorton on the other hand was Mr Do It All for FSU and had the ball in his hands alot. He'll have a good understanding of what NBA coaches expect on offense. However, he doesn't understand spacing, movement, etc. the way Jeff Green does.

An Icon Forever

Yes I do. Benching 185 2-3 sets of 10 at age 16-17 without ever lifting in your life is HARDER to do as opposed to getting ass and having a high post count on a messageboard. Thats a FACT.

I'm not white. I'm not overweight nor out of shape. I've always been in great condition because I played sports growing up. Baseball, soccer, basketball...never played organized football but played it around the neighborhood. I was a lifeguard for the city and I loved to swim so i was also on a swim team for this private pool in my neighborhood. I wasnt interested in pursuing it much but the point remains i was always swimming in the summertime. I used to box and trained at 3 gyms. Joe Fraziers, Champs (where Bernard Hopkins used to go daily) and Augies in South Philly where i stayed. Nope not a word class athlete, Deion Sanders, Bo Jackson if you think that is what is being implied here. You know usually people like you tend to read what is typed, and to save face exagerrate what was posted. So i figure i save you the time typing out "Wow GOBB was Mr All America. Yet no one here ever saw you online ranked as a top athlete har har har. What else did you do? Let me guess, black belt in Tae Kwon Do har har har".

Majority here know what I look like. So atleast attempt to grab a photo that hasnt been recycled before and used to diss Howard5Dirk41. You think a bit of originality could enter your life someday?

1. Where did i admit i was a weakling? I said when i started lifting weights before during my active years playing sports or other recreations I've never lifted before...I found it difficult. At LOKI's age I couldnt throw 185...probably could get it up and it would slam down on my chest. In general anyone who has never lifted weights before in thier life would find lifting 185 difficult because its not a standard weight to bench. Thats another FACT. You see how I type facts and you type FABLES? Hello Aesop.

Someone here has a username on bodybuilding.com. Ask them to create a topic and say what is the standard weight a person can bench without ever having lifted a weight before in thier life. Then proceed to ask would 185 be too much for someone who never lifted before. I would like for that poster to do that for me. Then post the replies back here so your dumbass can resemble a gigantic ass on a fat bytch.

2. When i posted my reply in here where did i brag about boning hot woman? Let me guess your insecurity levels are going up and down perhaps? My comment was in reference to you acting like MIGHTY MOUSE in here when it comes to bench pressing. Hence why you can have the big woman as you get off pinning thier heavy sets of legs to thier chest while beating up the ***** that resembles a body bag in a boxing gym. Go for it, manhandle the beasts in bed. Do your thing playa, big brawds need love too.

3. What gets me females is my good looks, my charm, my sense of humor, being a gentleman. It is what it is. Got them when i was a "weakling" and i get them now when I'm physically fit.

Damn you owned me there. What can I say to that? That is exactly how I get females. Put it like this...if i sent females in your family, friends my photos and they were asked to post thier thoughts without you flooding thier head with shyt like "Here is some guy on a bball msgboard who calls himself god of basketball. Would you give him the time of day? He swears he is a playa" I gurantee I'd recieve positive compliments from them. But knowing you, you would set it up where you paint this picture of nonsense, throw out negativity then proceed to ask what they thought. For fear of what you know they might say... "He is a handsome guy. He's really cute". Thats exactly what they would say you f*cking idiot. Is that bragging? No thats keeping it real. And again as you usually do...you'll exagerrate this point and pretend that means I'm gonna pipe (that means bone ie have sex) with them all. Because your mind operates that way.

I went to George Washington Carver Eingineering and Science (same school Lynn Greer former Temple Owl/Euros/Milw Bucks and Will Chavis who played for Texas Tech under Bobby Knight). I graduated and went to Temple University. Would you like me to scan my college ID that I still have? I'll take a cam phone photo of it...its blurry and the id could use a cleaning...

Lord knows I didnt go to college tho. Well right? Never got picked on...wasnt the most popular nor the geek/nerds. In between, who always flexed his sense of humor when someone tried to clown a person who couldnt defend themselves. Or just having fun at lunch, going home...was always known to say funny shyt.

And no pointing out someones lack of strength doesnt hit home. But for someone to claim a 19yr old kid who cant bench 185 is pathetic when you have NO PRIOR KNOWLEDGE to if Durant ever lifted a weight before is hilarious. Do you have any info do what Durant was doing in Texas via their weight program? Are you an athletic trainer? Was you there so you can give the board an idea what Durant was or wasnt doing? No.

Then again i guess this is one of those things where casual fans get off, enjoy that they are able to do something that a talented sports figure cant. Here is your chance JtotheIzzo, this is the only time in life you will be able to say "I can do this and Durant cant". Lets check the care factor tho. *checks*

Currently at zero.

so now we're discussing gobb's looks?

Quote Originally Posted by loot

The kid had a meltdown.

NBA Superstar

The kid had a meltdown.

yeah a meltdown, that is why I typed a five thousand word personal bio/reply and scanned my circa '89 student ID card...no wait, you did that.

Quote Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
    yeah a meltdown, that is why I typed a five thousand word personal bio/reply and scanned my circa '89 student ID card...no wait, you did that.
    O really? Recap...

World class athlete? Please explain this one. He's a f*cking basketball player.

And this is why i dont bone big bytches. I cant handle all that weight. But you and LOKI can...so have alllllllll the BBW's you want.

Quote Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
    you have time to bang women in between your fifty thousand posts?

a man of your internet dedication is the LAST person who should ever comment about his personal life being one that is envied.

Gobb:

I love it when a self admitted weakling("185 is Haaaaaaard to bench, jeez.") takes his smack talk to the "you bang fat chicks, I bang hot women" level. LOL, your greatest celebrity is the amount of posts you havehere, is that what scores hot chicks for a playa like you?

"Watch me post baybee, see the skills, perfect placement of the emoticon, deft timing on the picture upload. I am THE living legend on ISH woman! you heard of that girl? I own basketball fanatical fifteen year olds all over the globe, international playa baybee! damn beyotch! I rock, bring your fine ass over here and gimme some head. Watch the keyboard beyotch! Damn woman cant you see Imma bout to Pwn some punk kid. Recognize"

then again Gobbles, maybe pointing out someone's lack of strength really hits home with you so you instinctively lash out, as flashbacks to your high school days (Lord knows you didn't go to college) getting picked on by the jocks comes racing back into your head. The kind of memories that turned you into this meanspirited cantankerous internet bully in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Day La Ghetto
    Guy is falling apart,meltdown !

My reply was to counter and shyt on every silly tall tale you told in your reply. Now that ID is from the late 80's. In 89 I was 11yrs old. But somehow I was enrolled at Temple University. Chalk that blunder on your behalf to "I wasnt being serious" to save whatever face you have left.

HS grad photo...

What now? Gonna pull the ole "I got GOBB to do this. I turned the tables around on him and he didnt even kno it. Pure gold"? Make up another story Atreu minus the white dog swooping down to save you? The ball has been checked to you...or did you lose it and turn it over again? Tsk Tsk

Quote Originally Posted by loot

Kid had a meltdown.