Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    Good High School Starter

Default I think I've lost contact with a girl I like a whole lot

I can text her but it'd be the 4th text by me in a row and it'd probably just push her further away. I will see her again. This is only because I know a class she's in this semester (the time and place) and I WILL go there, ha. Call it what you want but if I don't I will most likely NEVER see her again. If I didn't have a way of seeing her again I can't imagine how I'd feel.

This situation has me worried about my future. She's occupied more of my time than anything else over the past year. She's the only girl I've known that I'd spend the rest of my life with. I met her in a class a year ago this time. We've NEVER hung out. The only way we've kept in contact is through text and she'd often forget to respond to my messages. I never whined about it or brought it up. I didn't really think she was intentionally ignoring my messages.

When we started talking she'd recently got out of an 8 year relationship and has a kid by the guy thats now almost 2. This is one of the reasons she says she couldn't get back in a relationship just yet. That and a busy schedule. I completely understood that and basically told her I would wait as long as it took.

Here's how the previous 5 texts went (something like this)
    Me (~2 weeks ago): "Do you know that I think about you every day? Just wondering."
    Her (~4 hours later): "I'm surprised after what I put you through with my ex! I still can't believe all that happened! How has your semester been?"
    Me (that same day): "I don't care about that, I'm just glad I haven't chased you away. I can still remember at the beginning of the semester when you told me some guy in your previous class had been trying to date you lol. You probably said the same thing about me the semester after that ha. All is going well in school. Do you have any siblings?"
    Me (this past Monday): Sent her a picture of me smiling and said "Your turn"
    Me (Tuesday): "I've made such a fool of myself. Sorry if I annoyed you along the way. You never even gave me your number to begin with, it was part of us being in the same group. I just hate that we never got to know each other, thats whats killing me the most."

Ask and I'll tell.

Love Live Life

Default Re: I think I've lost contact with a girl I like a whole lot

Plenty fish in the sea

The Brooklyn Brawler. BrooklynZoo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BuGzBuNNy
    I can text her but it'd be the 4th text by me in a row and it'd probably just push her further away. I will see her again. This is only because I know a class she's in this semester (the time and place) and I WILL go there, ha. Call it what you want but if I don't I will most likely NEVER see her again. If I didn't have a way of seeing her again I can't imagine how I'd feel.

This situation has me worried about my future. She's occupied more of my time than anything else over the past year. She's the only girl I've known that I'd spend the rest of my life with. I met her in a class a year ago this time. We've NEVER hung out. The only way we've kept in contact is through text and she'd often forget to respond to my messages. I never whined about it or brought it up. I didn't really think she was intentionally ignoring my messages.

When we started talking she'd recently got out of an 8 year relationship and has a kid by the guy thats now almost 2. This is one of the reasons she says she couldn't get back in a relationship just yet. That and a busy schedule. I completely understood that and basically told her I would wait as long as it took.

Here's how the previous 5 texts went (something like this)
    Me (~2 weeks ago): "Do you know that I think about you every day? Just wondering."
    Her (~4 hours later): "I'm surprised after what I put you through with my ex! I still can't believe all that happened! How has your semester been?"
    Me (that same day): "I don't care about that, I'm just glad I haven't chased you away. I can still remember at the beginning of the semester when you told me some guy in your previous class had been trying to date you lol. You probably said the same thing about me the semester after that ha. All is going well in school. Do you have any siblings?"
    Me (this past Monday): Sent her a picture of me smiling and said "Your turn"
    Me (Tuesday): "I've made such a fool of myself. Sorry if I annoyed you along the way. You never even gave me your number to begin with, it was part of us being in the same group. I just hate that we never got to know each other, thats whats killing me the most."

Ask and I'll tell.
    please tell me you're kidding

Good High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynZoo
    please tell me you're kidding
    nope

Banned

Good High School Starter

I don't get it ^

urban dictionary; too eager to get something? possibly so
    Last edited by BuGzBuNNy; 09-26-2013 at 10:29 PM.

So you'd spend the rest of your life with a woman you've never Hung out with? Mostly texts?

I've gotten too old for this new generation.

you would never ever EVER say that first text unless you knew 100% she likes you as much as you like her. I'm talking in the infatuation phase of an early relationship after you've taken her on multiple dates and all the vibes are excellent. your first mistake is that your oblivious to the fact that she's not into you. that first text is super creepy to her given that she doesn't like you back. she never responded by sharing her feelings about you, she merely attempted to digress to a lighter and more platonic topic, to which you responded with a novel again bereft with details of your attraction to her. you pushed her away. there's a lot of girls out there but learn from your mistakes. every relationship is a power struggle and if you present yourself as desperate, needy, clingy, etc, the other person sees you as less desirable. that's why hotties dig jerks that treat them like shit, while nice guys who are desperate and obsequious are friend zoned

Near-Life Experience TheGreatDeraj's Avatar

for the sake of your manhood i sure hope this is a joke.

The background story was very awkward and then I cringed throughout the entire text "conversation".

Quote Originally Posted by airchibundo507
    you would never ever EVER say that first text unless you knew 100% she likes you as much as you like her. I'm talking in the infatuation phase of an early relationship after you've taken her on multiple dates and all the vibes are excellent. your first mistake is that your oblivious to the fact that she's not into you. that first text is super creepy to her given that she doesn't like you back. she never responded by sharing her feelings about you, she merely attempted to digress to a lighter and more platonic topic, to which you responded with a novel again bereft with details of your attraction to her. you pushed her away. there's a lot of girls out there but learn from your mistakes. every relationship is a power struggle and if you present yourself as desperate, needy, clingy, etc, the other person sees you as less desirable. that's why hotties dig jerks that treat them like shit, while nice guys who are desperate and obsequious are friend zoned
    This. Never make it seem like you're obsessed with her. Let her know that you're into her but also plant the seed that you don't need her. No offense, but through your creepy/obsessive texts, I'm not surprised that she's keeping away a little.

Good High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by oh the horror
    So you'd spend the rest of your life with a woman you've never Hung out with? Mostly texts?

I've gotten too old for this new generation.
    I was in the same class as her for a full semester. We were in the same group and worked together. She's the most charming person I've been around and she has the most innocent heart ever. My feelings toward her are so pure and genuine.

Good High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by airchibundo507
    Thanks for the response I am completely aware of all that though.

She's not the type to pursue a jerk, she wants the nice guy type, if nothing more than for her daughters sake. You'd need to know more of the story to understand I guess..

Good High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatDeraj
    for the sake of your manhood i sure hope this is a joke.

The background story was very awkward and then I cringed throughout the entire text "conversation".
    Trust me no ones cringing harder than I do when I read that. I'm mostly laughing though just thinking of how my friends would be clowning me.

Quote Originally Posted by BuGzBuNNy
    I was in the same class as her for a full semester. We were in the same group and worked together. She's the most charming person I've been around and she has the most innocent heart ever. My feelings toward her are so pure and genuine.
    Jesus christ grow up kid. You haven't even been on a date.

Good High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
    Jesus christ grow up kid. You haven't even been on a date.

that you?